Taking apart WAD files found in games

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by WarMachine77, Dec 15, 2012.

Dec 15, 2012
  1. WarMachine77
    OP

Member WarMachine77 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Hi,

Working with a scrubbed ISO, trying to do some texture hacks. Unforunately, everything is either in greyscale or just red. So I tried WiiScrubber and found BIN and WAD files. Is there any way for me to extract the textures easily and insert them back in? The game in question is WWE All Stars. I found no BRRES, or any format acceptable by SZS.

Thank you in advance,

me

2. WarMachine77
    OP

United States
  3. FAST6191

Reporter FAST6191 Techromancer

pip
    United Kingdom
    Less than three hours is a bit of a short time to bump things for a fairly technical question (especially considering half the site is probably asleep at time of your posting).

Anyway wad files in a disc game.... it has been seen before but that is usually for games with Wiiware/VC demos in a game. Still as you asked http://gbatemp.net/threads/wii-and-gc-standard-hacker-grade-iso-and-wad-manipulation-tools.328729/ was a little discussion I started to find some tools to do what you want.

It should also be noted that the devs would not have been forced to use Nintendo standard formats, looking back at older wrestling games they did not tend to rock the boat though but they sometimes did take a tiny bit of thought to handle.

4. WarMachine77
    OP

United States
    Thank you so much! I was just wondering now, I got my hands on the textures and modified them. If I didn't rip them myself (open source), can I still put them into Dolphin? How do I get the proper names without having gigs of waste rips (monochromatic, etc) and how do I inject these into the ISO so I can play it on my Wii?