Taiwan vs Japan

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by Shinjiko, Nov 29, 2008.

Nov 29, 2008

Taiwan vs Japan by Shinjiko at 7:08 AM (897 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. Shinjiko
    OP

Newcomer Shinjiko Member

United Kingdom
    Hi, I know there has probably been loads of threads about this in the past so I'm saying sorry now ^^. I have just bought my friends 2 Acekard2's and since the Japan Kingston 2GB was out of stock i ordered another one which turns out is the taiwan version. I know the Japan version is faster but will using a Taiwan version affect gameplay at all on any other games except Castlevania and Tony Hawks to a noticable extent or will they be fine using them?

2. Galacta

Member Galacta >:)

Australia
    Ive used a Tai Version.
    Although My Castlevania Froze.
    Tony Hawk Works Fine.

3. Shinjiko
    OP

Newcomer Shinjiko Member

United Kingdom
    Thanks for the reply, but I meant other games besides those ones. I heard Pheonix Wright has trouble playing on Taiwan cards, is this true or will any game play ok on these cards?

4. shansoft

Member shansoft GBAtemp Regular

United States
    no problem with both, but a huge problem with made in china..

cihna's microsd slow most of my game down...include taiko no datsujin, which it shouldnt at all...

after having those problem on at least 3 of their microSD, I gave them up and bought myself a Taiwan's instead and a japan one...
    no problem with any game so far..

but Japan's kingston does have a bit of delay on castle game...that just the intro...

5. DeMoN

Member DeMoN GBAtemp Guru

United States
    I have a Taiwan card that runs Castlevania and Tony Hawk with no problems. It's just luck I suppose.