Taiwan vs Japan

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by Shinjiko, Nov 29, 2008.

1. Shinjiko
    OP

Shinjiko Member

Newcomer
    Sep 10, 2007
    Liverpool, UK
    Hi, I know there has probably been loads of threads about this in the past so I'm saying sorry now ^^. I have just bought my friends 2 Acekard2's and since the Japan Kingston 2GB was out of stock i ordered another one which turns out is the taiwan version. I know the Japan version is faster but will using a Taiwan version affect gameplay at all on any other games except Castlevania and Tony Hawks to a noticable extent or will they be fine using them?

2. Galacta

Galacta >:)

Sep 27, 2008
    Ive used a Tai Version.
    Although My Castlevania Froze.
    Tony Hawk Works Fine.

3. Shinjiko
    OP

Shinjiko Member

Newcomer
    Sep 10, 2007
    Liverpool, UK
    Thanks for the reply, but I meant other games besides those ones. I heard Pheonix Wright has trouble playing on Taiwan cards, is this true or will any game play ok on these cards?

4. shansoft

shansoft GBAtemp Regular

Dec 8, 2006
    United States
    no problem with both, but a huge problem with made in china..

cihna's microsd slow most of my game down...include taiko no datsujin, which it shouldnt at all...

after having those problem on at least 3 of their microSD, I gave them up and bought myself a Taiwan's instead and a japan one...
    no problem with any game so far..

but Japan's kingston does have a bit of delay on castle game...that just the intro...

5. DeMoN

DeMoN GBAtemp Guru

May 12, 2004
    United States
    I have a Taiwan card that runs Castlevania and Tony Hawk with no problems. It's just luck I suppose.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice