Gaming Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
Trophies
XP
Country
It's not on my download site of choice, and they seem pretty on the ball. I'm working my way through the UK release of Lord of Arcana while I wait for Dissidia Duodecim to show up. Always worth remembering that no matter how much you can't wait to play one specific game, there's not really a whole lot you can do to speed things up, so always have a few games in reserve to take your mind off it. My reserves for now are Lord of Arcana, Angry Birds, the original Silent Hill and of course fun times on the new Black Ops maps.

Chiverus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I to am waiting egarly for this game. its been awhile sence ive had a good SRPG to play and it will fill the game between now and god eater burst which fills the gap till my 3ds and 3rd birthday

narutofan777

Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
yep guess i aint the only one! waiting for this game, hope it does get an early leak cuz i really wanna play it lol. its like final fantasy tactics advance on psp (but better story and stuff cuz this is a Yasumi Matsuno game, vagrant story nd original ff tactics and yeaa the other good games). plz lol let an early leak come!!!

lordgoober

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
agreed. I have a preorder for this so I'm waiting. Heck, it comes out the day before my Birthday
happy.gif

dib

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Did they even improve anything about it? I can't get excited for a game that has aged as poorly as Tactics Ogre. It would have been fantastic on the SNES, but by the time it was ported to the Playstation it was too backward to enjoy. FF Tactics was disappointing for this same reason: they didn't actually improve anything and it's aged poorly compared to the later GBA and DS games.

If they bothered to revamp the game's balance, controls, menus, etc. to at least the standard of Knight of Lodis I would probably buy it.

Goli

RPG
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
dib said:
Did they even improve anything about it? I can't get excited for a game that has aged as poorly as Tactics Ogre. It would have been fantastic on the SNES, but by the time it was ported to the Playstation it was too backward to enjoy. FF Tactics was disappointing for this same reason: they didn't actually improve anything and it's aged poorly compared to the later GBA and DS games.

If they bothered to revamp the game's balance, controls, menus, etc. to at least the standard of Knight of Lodis I would probably buy it.
The game's battlefields are now redone in 3D while keeping that charming 2D style about them.
The battles are faster.
Ranged attacks have a line that shows their trajectory.
Orchestral soundtrack.
Expanded storyline with new characters and free DLC after the game's launch.
New class level up system.
And all around improvements everywhere else.
New art.
(I may be forgetting some of the enhancements)

dib

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Goli said:
dib said:

The game's battlefields are now redone in 3D while keeping that charming 2D style about them.
The battles are faster.
Orchestral soundtrack.
New art.
Crossed fingers that it's enough.

I just wish Square never bought out the developers, effectively killing the franchise. Ports are great but we need a few new Ogre games.

Goli

RPG
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
dib said:
Goli said:
dib said:

The battles are faster.
Orchestral soundtrack.
New art.
Crossed fingers that it's enough.

I just wish Square never bought out the developers, effectively killing the franchise. Ports are great but we need a few new Ogre games.
But they own the IP of both Ogre Battle and Tactics Ogre... So the Ogre franchise could be revived at any minute (if it wasn't already revived by this remake).
They also released Ogre Battle: March of the Black Queen in 2009 and Ogre Battle 64 in the VC last year.
I wouldn't say the franchise is dead, really.
EDIT: Haha, I looked up the release date of Ogre Battle: MArch of the Black Queen, since atfer typing this I became unsure of whether it was on 2009 or 2010. I opened the first link Google came up which was an article on 1up, when I opened it a huge Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together ad appeared
laugh.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0FyqCEfD0E