Gaming Sytem idle process

littleshinobi520

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
here is my problem lately i have noticed that my laptop with vista has been very slow and it gets realy hot fast. when ever it gets hot like that i go to task manager to see whats using up all of my cpu. i have noticed that system idle process is using up almost all of it and i cant end it.

so i did some research and found out that i might need to reformat my pc, wipe my hard drive and install windows xp. however i am afraid to do it because im a noob and dont want to ruin my laptop.

also i have always wanted to try windows 7 so if im going to get rid of everything should i download the rc

so what should i do are there any other solutions or should i wait until i can buy windows 7 to do all of this

Carnivean

STARMAN
Trophies
XP
Country
The system idle process is just a dummy process to make everything add up to 100%, you ideally want it to be at 99% when you aren't doing anything. The lower it is the more your CPU is actually being used.

computerboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
If you do format go for Windows 7. IMO it's much better than Vista and XP put together.

BTW get build 7201 (which is the latest). On Windows website they only have build 7100. I can't help you get it though

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :tpi::rofl2::rofl2: