sysupdater freeze on boot

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by GigamanTheSinner, Jan 26, 2016.

1. GigamanTheSinner
    OP

GigamanTheSinner Member

Newcomer
    Jan 6, 2016
    Poland
    Hi,

I got new O3DSXL with 10.3.28 and I wanted to downgrade it to 9.2 with sysupdater. I made updates folder, I extracted all .cia files as always - however when I launch homebrew channel via menuhax and get to sysupdater it freezes here and does not accept any input - it shows menu with all commands, but when I hit Home button it does nothing. I find it strange cause I done it with two other O3DSXL the same way and it worked. The only difference is that I use SD card with all stuff from other O3DSXL which was downgraded. Do I need clean card for that?

I'm always downgrading according to this video

Last edited by GigamanTheSinner, Jan 26, 2016
  2. WeedZ

WeedZ Possibly an enlightened being

GBAtemp Patron
    WeedZ is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jan 13, 2015
    United States
    I'm going to bump this because I seem to be having the same issue. Ive done three o3ds's with no problem. Now the first 3ds xl I try has this freeze issue as soon as sysupdater launches.

3. WeedZ

WeedZ Possibly an enlightened being

GBAtemp Patron
    WeedZ is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jan 13, 2015
    United States
    Hey @GigamanTheSinner if youre still having this problem I got it to work. I turned on wifi, entered hbloader, launched ftbrony, hit b to exit, then launched sysupdater.