tunip3

[debugger active]
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
i am on 5.5.1 and my console is on the system update ready screen but i dont want it to update can i shut it down boot into ftp every where via cbhc and delete the update folder and avoid updating

Pokezuculento

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i am on 5.5.1 and my console is on the system update ready screen but i dont want it to update can i shut it down boot into ftp every where via cbhc and delete the update folder and avoid updating
Yes, there is a update (5.5.2). Dont update, see this guide (Deleting "updates" folder is better than DNS): https://gbatemp.net/threads/block-wii-u-system-updates-without-dns-blocking.477944/ , else if use DNS: "Netherlands 81.4.127.20" / "Los Angeles 168.235.92.108" or if you have Haxchi, update, it doesnt will be erased

tunip3

[debugger active]
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yes, there is a update (5.5.2). Dont update, see this guide (Deleting "updates" folder is better than DNS): https://gbatemp.net/threads/block-wii-u-system-updates-without-dns-blocking.477944/ , else if use DNS: "Netherlands 81.4.127.20" / "Los Angeles 168.235.92.108" or if you have Haxchi, update, it doesnt will be erased
My console is on the system update ready screen my. Question is can I shut down boot into cbhc delete the update folder and not brick

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well, you may have a problem if you shut down the system. I'm not sure if it requires standby mode or not. I think it does, but I'm not sure. this is to update the console while it's off. you should see an orange light when this happens. that's usually to check if there are new updates or downloads to be done. you can turn standby mode off if you want. I have mine off. I don't think the quick launch menu works with it off though if that matters to you. you can always turn it back on though.

tunip3

[debugger active]
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
well, you may have a problem if you shut down the system. I'm not sure if it requires standby mode or not. I think it does, but I'm not sure. this is to update the console while it's off. you should see an orange light when this happens. that's usually to check if there are new updates or downloads to be done. you can turn standby mode off if you want. I have mine off. I don't think the quick launch menu works with it off though if that matters to you. you can always turn it back on though.
im on cbhc so it doesnt matter but what can i do to not update

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if the update has already downloaded, try the Madridi site. if it hasn't downloaded at all, delete the update folder and input the correct dns in internet settings. I'm just guessing about an already downloaded update though. I've never experienced that issue since I'm blocking updates with cc proxy.

tunip3

[debugger active]
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
if the update has already downloaded, try the Madridi site. if it hasn't downloaded at all, delete the update folder and input the correct dns in internet settings. I'm just guessing about an already downloaded update though. I've never experienced that issue since I'm blocking updates with cc proxy.
its at the press ok and the update will start

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you may be locked in. if so, you have to update. I know of no other way around that. don't worry though. if you have haxchi/cbhc, it will stay intact, but if you don't, you can still use a browserhax method to install it. it's kinda unreliable though which is why you shouldn't update, but you kinda have no choice now. were you blocking the update servers?

tunip3

[debugger active]
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
you may be locked in. if so, you have to update. I know of no other way around that. don't worry though. if you have haxchi/cbhc, it will stay intact, but if you don't, you can still use a browserhax method to install it. it's kinda unreliable though which is why you shouldn't update, but you kinda have no choice now. were you blocking the update servers?
no i just plugged in my ethernet

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill