Hacking System transfer to emuNAND?

MisterMunchie

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried googling this but I think my specific situation is too... specific.

Currently I have a 3DS XL (#1) running 9.5.22U. I want to buy a lower firmware 3DS XL (#2) and use it to run roms via a gateway card. Is it possible to perform a system transfer transferring #1 to an emuNAND running on #2? If you do, what happens when I boot into sysNAND on #2?

Thanks for your help. I haven't been on this forum for long but I can already tell you guys are pretty awesome.

ophbalance

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes. It's possible. You won't have access to your games and NNID stuff on sysNAND on system #2. You WILL have access to that in emuNAND on system #2. In fact, I would suggest unlinking the sysNAND/emuNAND on system #2. I just migrated emuNAND from an O3DSXL to emuNAND on a N3DSXL. Pain in the arse and time consuming but it worked. If I didn't need to link the NNID up I would have just let it go.

MisterMunchie

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes. It's possible. You won't have access to your games and NNID stuff on sysNAND on system #2. You WILL have access to that in emuNAND on system #2. In fact, I would suggest unlinking the sysNAND/emuNAND on system #2. I just migrated emuNAND from an O3DSXL to emuNAND on a N3DSXL. Pain in the arse and time consuming but it worked. If I didn't need to link the NNID up I would have just let it go.

By unlinking the sysNAND and emuNAND on system #2 you mean formatting the system on one of the two NANDs, correct? Also, I see that you migrated from one emuNAND to another. Just to make sure, it is possible to migrate from a 9.5.23 sysNAND to a 9.5.23 emuNAND? And that will also not change the sysNAND on system #2?

ophbalance

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Given that the emuNAND is just a copy of NAND, I don't really see what the point of failure would be? At the end you'll be forced to do a system format on system #1. If you don't unlink the sys/emuNAND on system #2 you will have working network profiles on the sysNAND. Traditionally a "bad" thing due to system updates downloading in the background (which you can get rid of, but it's an accident waiting to happen). None of the items I transferred ended up on my sysNAND on system #2. That was the result I was hoping for.

MisterMunchie

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Given that the emuNAND is just a copy of NAND, I don't really see what the point of failure would be? At the end you'll be forced to do a system format on system #1. If you don't unlink the sys/emuNAND on system #2 you will have working network profiles on the sysNAND. Traditionally a "bad" thing due to system updates downloading in the background (which you can get rid of, but it's an accident waiting to happen). None of the items I transferred ended up on my sysNAND on system #2. That was the result I was hoping for.
Alright, that makes sense. I appreciate the help.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: you can fap to your favorite character without it being gay