Hacking System menu sounds

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hmm, think I was wrong. It looks like that is actually not how the priiloader hack works. I just assumed without actually checking, but now that I have it appears it actually disables the function that plays the music.

However, it would probably be possible to make a new priiloader hack that would work like that (i.e. try to play a differently named BRSAR from SM), but I'm not sure how it would work if there wasn't a sound there or there was an invalid sound...

And you could try BRSARs from game ISOs just by changing the BRSAR in a SM WAD and install it. Just make sure you have BootMii/boot2 if you're going to try it (seeing as Priiloader would be wiped out by a WAD install - if you really must use priiloader, make sure you reinstall it before returning to SM), as I have no idea how SM would respond to having the "wrong" BRSAR.

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
And you could try BRSARs from game ISOs just by changing the BRSAR in a SM WAD and install it. Just make sure you have BootMii/boot2 if you're going to try it (seeing as Priiloader would be wiped out by a WAD install - if you really must use priiloader, make sure you reinstall it before returning to SM), as I have no idea how SM would respond to having the "wrong" BRSAR.
But then we are back to the first problem you pointed out regarding tools for the job. Even if using sounds from games worked, we still couldn't distribute them.

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
i've been looking around.
http://gbatemp.net/t...k-and-unpacker/
this has been talked about before, an they do have the tools to use, but looks to be very difficult as sifjar, is saying it is.(never doubted you, until you said, it couldn't be done.).
they just don't have any repackers .(like showmii wads works.(packing/unpacking wads/files.)
As I said quite clearly before, the existing tools work for one sound out a BRSAR file, as that's what BRSARs in games generally have. They do not work with the SM BRSAR as it has multiple sounds in it (Having used several of these tools to attempt to unpack the SM BRSAR, I can tell you for a fact each of them will only unpack the first sound [from memory the page turning sound] from the SM BRSAR).

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I have not heard of this. Maybe it would, I dunno. I would have thought if it were possible, someone would have done it though...

EDIT: Do you have any links about that, to save me some time searching? I'm lazy :P

EDIT: I made a mistake before when I said the current BRSAR tools only extract one file - this is all they can extract from the SM BRSAR (the only one I'd tried before), but I think they can extract more from other ones. So the SM one must be different to the ones in e.g. Mario Kart, which leads me to think the hex editing method may not be directly applicable here. It might work, but I don't think it'll work in the same way.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up