System menu 4.0, Opinions...

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by skynth, May 19, 2009.

May 19, 2009

System menu 4.0, Opinions... by skynth at 1:01 PM (818 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. skynth
    OP

Newcomer skynth Advanced Member

Australia
    Okay, My reason for posting a thread asking a Question asked atleast 6 times before is because all the other posts are atleast 1 month old and I would like to know if anything's new and all.

I want to upgrade to 4.0, SD loader is so cool!, I could have all the wiiware I WANT!. Sure, it does copy it every time you want to play it but.. my computers been reading and copying for years.. and it still runs as if it was bought yesterday..

I know how to do it, but I would like to know your opinions concering system menu 4.0 and the risk factor if you may.

Thanks in advance.

2. Richy Freeway

Member Richy Freeway GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United Kingdom
    Yeah man, loads has changed but no ones bothered to start a single thread about it.

3. kedest

Member kedest GBAtemp Psycho!

Netherlands
    I've upgraded from 3.2 to 4.0 using waninkoko's updater. That leaves the trucha bug intact. And with the patched ios60, i can run all my vc/wiiware games using the sd feature, including the pirated ones.
    Before upgrading, I made backup of my 3.2 nand using bootmii. There were some reports of that updater sometimes bricking the wii. So I never risked it before. But with the safety provided by bootmii, I finally did it.

4. Originality

Member Originality Chibi-neko

United Kingdom
    Advantages, SD Loader... well, that's all I can think about.
    Disadvantages, chance to brick (nulled with bootmii), TP hack lost (nulled by bannerbomb), chance to block homebrew (if you don't have the cIOS installed beforehand).

I upgraded a while ago and it's worked fine for me. I only had to install preloader instead of starfall and I've got everything I need. Other than that, I never lost anything, and now I've got the SD Loader for my VC channels, so all's good.

5. fiddlefaddle22

Member fiddlefaddle22 GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    i updated through nintendo as i couldn't get waninkokos way to work and everything is working great apart from loading through the disc channel.It even fixed my anytitledeleter problems and i can now play vc games and wiiware through the sd card

6. billyrocks

Newcomer billyrocks Member

United States
    i was on 3.3 and upgraded to 4.0 with HBC but some games i couldnt get it to load with backup loader and will i just made a lie to nintendo saying playing SSB cause my drive not to read games and i sent it to nintendo paying nothing because i still have warranty all they did was remove my HBC and a new drive but i got menu 3.1 which works great