Hacking system files corrupted

paulwesley

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A very odd thing happened today. I got raymans raving rbbbids tv party mounted it using wbfs manager 3.0 plugged the usb back in to the wii and configurable usb loader wont recognize the usb. Ok take it off the wii plug it backinto the pc nope wfbs manager says nope no drive hmm boot wbfs gui hermes works . Uninstall the game then reinstal it evrything at this point is ok. Plug it back into the wii works great boot the game play for like 10 minutes try to go back to wii menu . Get the message SYSTEM FILES CORRUPTED at this point I think first brick wtf wife is gonna kick my a$$. reboot the wii and all is ok so far try raving agian works ok and everything else seems to work fine . The question is what happened there for a minute so I dont do anyuhting like that again I am very careful what I install as to no t brick it ( dont want to hear the wife butch about a brick lol)

Slimmmmmm

GBAtemp MoNkEeE
Trophies
XP
Country
Update your cIOS to rev 14.

Also if you've not done so already get bootmii installed to BOOT2 if possible and make a nand backup, then keep it safe somewhere (burn a backup cd/dvd or sumin)

Gino_Drago

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi,
The same happened to me a week ago, first it was intermittent, lately it was a permanent message and i could do nothing.
For me this started appearing two days after the installation of CiosCorp V3.1.
At that point the Wii had BootMii as boot2, Preloader and CiosCorp V3.1 + Cios14
In order to recover i had to restore my NAND from my 4.1 Backup that didnt had CiosCorp at all.
Now i am happy again

I would suggest you two review whatt have you change recently on your wii and revert that.

paulwesley

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hav e preloder .29 bootmii as ios and startpatcher installed cios 14 from the day it came out . I have an old nand .bin backup on the pc . so what your saying is this my be just the start of problems for my wii? as for new stuff it started with ravung rabbids from the usb drive.

paulwesley

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I dont think it is but I am on 4.1 and strtpatch looked good but then I realized you can tget to hbc though start patch so I just installed preloader over it its been that way for 2 weeks no problem maybe I can try and uninstall startpatch . it only happen for a secound and after rebooting the wii it seems fine . Just want to be cautious is all.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGClRsx0x64