Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
My escapade started here:

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=117615&st=0

Long story short, I have used AnyTitle Deleter to wipe out EVERYTHING but my precious Twilight Hack, however, I am still getting "System Files Corrupted" error.

I have a WiiKey installed, and the 3.3 menu. I can use the TP hack to run stuff from the SD card. Not sure where to go from here... should I update to 3.4 from a game disc?

WiiBlaster

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
IS this a Semi Brick or Full Brick can you still access the Wii Menu, or do you get the System Files Corp on startup?

WiiCrazy

Be water my friend!
Trophies
Website
www.tepetaklak.com
XP
Country
farfromsubtle said:
My escapade started here:

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=117615&st=0

Long story short, I have used AnyTitle Deleter to wipe out EVERYTHING but my precious Twilight Hack, however, I am still getting "System Files Corrupted" error.

I have a WiiKey installed, and the 3.3 menu. I can use the TP hack to run stuff from the SD card. Not sure where to go from here... should I update to 3.4 from a game disc?

Run title lister and share the dump with us so we can see what stuff you have installed and so we can comment on it...

http://www.tepetaklak.com/data/title_lister.rar

farfromsubtle

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
digitydogs said:
You say everything, does this include your IOS's? at any rate doing an update to 3.4 may solve your problem.

Well, no. AnyTitle Deleter prevents that.
wink.gif

QUOTE(WiiBlaster @ Jan 4 2009, 11:18 PM) IS this a Semi Brick or Full Brick can you still access the Wii Menu, or do you get the System Files Corp on startup?

On start-up I get the health screen, then pressing 'A' brings "The System Files are Corrupt" screen.

digitydogs

404 Error: Member Not Found
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
anytitle may prevent it, but many people have managed to do that somehow. Eww full brick..... good luck hopefully wiicrazy has some ideas on that. I've only had semi's so far

WiiCrazy

Be water my friend!
Trophies
Website
www.tepetaklak.com
XP
Country
By the way, do not upgrade to 3.4, it will possibly not help since the error you are getting is caused by

A real corruption in the nand
or
A title installed with bad banners / bad content
or
Corruption of some data used by system menu...

Installing a new system menu will not help in any of these cases... Think the semibrick scenario, if you install a new menu it doesn't even overwrite the sysconf file in the system so you got semibrick from cross region updates... there are a bunch of files used by system menu / ioses in the same fashion...
But of course this one or a real corruption in the nand is the worst case scenarios...

farfromsubtle

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
WiiCrazy said:
Run title lister and share the dump with us so we can see what stuff you have installed and so we can comment on it...

That wont do much now, since I have wiped out everything. Only things remaining now are the two hidden channels: EULA and Region, the Current IOS, System menu, IOS9 (the original one), and the Opera Channel, which AnyTitle Deleter would not wipe out (just hangs).

Only save still in the Memory is the TP hack.

Would forcing an update with a new game via the gamecube controller trick be the next best bet?

Joesalad21

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
That happened to me and all I did to fix it was reinstall my current firmware. (I installed 3.2u over 3.2u to fix the files.)

I used cIOS Wii Downgrader to do this. You can find it here: http://www.gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=97347
but you need to install cIOS rev7 from Waninkoko first in order to use this.

But before you do this you must realize that I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE if your wii dies on you while downgrading or if your power shuts off or something or any damages for that matter. But I have downgraded many times with success.

farfromsubtle

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Joesalad21 said:
That happened to me and all I did to fix it was reinstall my current firmware. (I installed 3.2u over 3.2u to fix the files.)

I used cIOS Wii Downgrader to do this. You can find it here: http://www.gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=97347

But before you do this you must realize that I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE if your wii dies on you while downgrading or if your power shuts off or something or any damages for that matter. But I have downgraded many times with success.

Any other opinions? Should I try this? Note, I have already reloaded 3.2, then went up to 3.3 before using AnyTitle Deleter. Shoudl I go back down to 3.2 now that I have deleted any possible offending wads?

WiiCrazy

Be water my friend!
Trophies
Website
www.tepetaklak.com
XP
Country
Still it would be nice to have the full title list of your wii... Title lister lists the versions of the installed content too, and each title's dependency ios... maybe you are missing an ios that some title depends especially for those hidden channels and so on...

farfromsubtle

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
farfromsubtle said:
Joesalad21 said:

Any other opinions? Should I try this? Note, I have already reloaded 3.2, then went up to 3.3 before using AnyTitle Deleter. Shoudl I go back down to 3.2 now that I have deleted any possible offending wads?

Hmmm, doesn't seem to matter. Running cios downgrader from the twilight autoboot just causes the wii to reboot. Running cios directly from an autoboot disc causes "an error has occured, remove the disc" message to appear.

Blah!

farfromsubtle

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Code:
Found 8 titles:
1: Title=10001-48414445 (downloaded channel 'HADE') vers: 1.1 (257) FW: IOS34 
2: Title=10008-48414c45 (hidden? channel 'HALE') vers: 0.2 (2) FW: IOS31 
3: Title=10008-48414b45 (hidden? channel 'HAKE') vers: 0.2 (2) FW: IOS31 
4: Title=10000-00555044 (savedata for '.UPD') FW: IOS4 
5: Title=10000-525a4445 (savedata for 'RZDE') FW: IOS9 
6: Title=1-9 (IOS9)ÂÂvers: 2.4 (516)
7: Title=1-1e (IOS30)ÂÂvers: 10.16 (2576)
8: Title=1-2 (System Menu)ÂÂvers: 1.97 (353) FW: IOS30

WiiBlaster

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
now i may be wrong have you tried installing the IOS31 looks like , but them hidden channels look like they require IOS31 may be a stupid idea

WiiCrazy

Be water my friend!
Trophies
Website
www.tepetaklak.com
XP
Country
It seems you deleted to much...

But another idea, check the log files on your nand using filesystem browser application... you might see something interesting there, for example look at /shared2/test/testlog.txt ... you should see CHECK_NAND_DATA=OK... blah blah on a healthy system...

CODEFound 8 titles:

WiiBlaster

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have v10.40 on my 3.2 also and them hidden channels require IOS31, them hidden channels can brick your wii if their not working

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
farfromsubtle said:
Code:
Found 8 titles:
2: Title=10008-48414c45 (hidden? channel 'HALE') vers: 0.2 (2) FW: IOS31 
3: Title=10008-48414b45 (hidden? channel 'HAKE') vers: 0.2 (2) FW: IOS31 
4: Title=10000-00555044 (savedata for '.UPD') FW: IOS4 
5: Title=10000-525a4445 (savedata for 'RZDE') FW: IOS9 
6: Title=1-9 (IOS9)ÂÂvers: 2.4 (516)
7: Title=1-1e (IOS30)ÂÂvers: 10.16 (2576)
8: Title=1-2 (System Menu)ÂÂvers: 1.97 (353) FW: IOS30

Why don't you extract all update files form a 3.1 or 3.2 game with wufe and install the files you got with WAD Manager? But you should skip everything which is already on your Wii, especially IOS30 and the system menu(IOS2). Maybe you should wait for others commenting this method, messing around with system files is always dangerous.

farfromsubtle

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
To be honest, I could care less about getting this fixed right now... I am happy just waiting for BootMii. I think I will just burn a few autoboot games and play them for now.
tongue.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, I'm good. Thanks.