Hacking system file is missing

skiolinist

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
this question is one that i've seen multiple variations of and here's yet another,

when i start my fat old ds it boots up normally and the menu pops up with the acekard showing in the slot 1 spot, when i press on the acekard icon it shows loading for a split second then it says system file is missing. i've tried downloading different versions of the firmware for the acekard 2i but nothing seems to work. btw this is a 4 gig card that used to work but then i played a japanese version of pokemon white before the us release and i think there may have been a bug somewhere in it. and on another completely unrelated topic my acekard will burn through sd cards like candy for whatever reason it would work for about 2 months then it would quit but the cards will still work in things like cell phones and computers.

Any information on either one of those problems would be a great help!

Thanks!

molh394

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Senegal
The standard solution is to backup the data on the microSD, format it using this, put your data back and try again. Should at least help with the latter problem.

skiolinist

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have a mac so i used disk utility to zero out the card which never really worked that maybe worked for a couple of days but that was about it any idea about the first problem i'm having?

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
this is either a seating issue with the msd, the acekard has contact issues, or you are actually missing system files. if the system files are present and corrupt the firwmare usually loads but will be all messed up (missing stuff, black screens, odd colors when you click on the menu, etc).

try reseating the msd card a bunch of times.

what acekard is this? a 2.0, 2.1, 2i, etc?

in regards to your second question, msd card were not designed for hobby gaming on flash kits. when playing roms and homebrew we are reading and writing to them more than the average device. we spam them with all types of crazy commands and mess with their file system. they go corrupt quickly and often and this is our hobby. reformatting with the panasonic formatter is the best solution.

i've seen cards so corrupt that nothing will load. i've seen cards corrupted to the point that 1 single rom for an emu will not load but the other 8 gigs of data work just fine (save, load, etc). if you can not format with the panasonic formatter try to find someone with a Windows machine who will let you install it and use it. you could also try running Windows on a virtual machine or something.

-another world

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: @BakerMan can one play cod from hen ps3?