Sysnand and Emunand question

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by BurntFire, Jan 25, 2017.

1. BurntFire
    OP

BurntFire Member

Newcomer
    Jan 20, 2017
    United States
    How do I check whether I'm on sysnand or emunand on 11.2 Luma cfw? Also, I've read it's more convenient to have different themes for the two, how do I do this?

2. Quantumcat

Quantumcat Dead and alive

Nov 23, 2014
    Australia
    Canberra, Australia
    If you followed 3ds.guide you won't have an emuNAND. You can tell by looking at System Settings to see if it says sys or emu before the firmware string.

3. BurntFire
    OP

BurntFire Member

Newcomer
    Jan 20, 2017
    United States
    I followed 3ds.guide without any major problems. What is emuNAND used for? I see threads of people saying their .cias are being deleted on sysnand, will that happen to me?

4. Majickhat55

Majickhat55 The Red Woman

Mar 28, 2016
    United States
    Asshai
    Quantumcat likes this.
  5. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    DLC and theme CIAs may get deleted when you enter eShop or enter the DLC shop within a game. To avoid this, simply don't enter the theme shop or DLC shop in any game, as it's only after this is done once that the DLC for that game (or themes) start getting deleted every time you enter eShop.
    This doesn't happen with the games themselves or the updates though.

6. BurntFire
    OP

BurntFire Member

Newcomer
    Jan 20, 2017
    United States
    So I can enter System Settings without having any problems on Sysnand but not eshop? Is there a way to enter the eShop safely?

7. Quantumcat

Quantumcat Dead and alive

Nov 23, 2014
    Australia
    Canberra, Australia
    If you never buy or download free DLC or themes then they won't get deleted. But otherwise no they'll always get deleted if you go into the eShop.