Hacking Homebrew SysMMC, EmuMMC, and DLC

neko_koneko

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello,

I have a physical copy Captain Toad's Treasure Tracker, and would like to download the DLC containing some extra levels. My Switch is Atmosphere CFW, and am wondering if I can go into the e-shop and purchase things if I am on Sysnand with CFW, I know going online risks a ban with emuMMC.. Another way I considered was to download the DLC througb Tinfoil shops, etc., but would the downloaded DLC work with my physical copy of Captain Toad? I also own the physical copy of Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, and want the extra tracks DLC. I believe I am in a similar situation with this game as well.

Anyways, I would love to hear any suggestions and input. Thanks!

kidkat210

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Going online with cfw period is risking a ban, doesn't matter wether it's in emunand/emummc or sysnand. The reason people say it's risky going online in emunand/emummc is cause most people do their pirating on emunand and keep sysnand "clean"

As for acquiring the dlc you want, they should work with your physical copies. But if you do get them from somewhere other than the eshop. Do it on your emunand with it either disconnected from the internet or have blockers in place to prevent connection to ninty servers.

neko_koneko

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes. I have 90dns if I remember correctly. Would it be better to download DLC in a Tinfoil shop, and not bother with the e-shop at all in both emuMMC and SysMMC? I hear a lot about going online and so on, and am wondering what the "safest" way would be. I do have a Switch lite with no CFW I could use for online play, but I would have to start a new game because of the new Switch. Unless game saves are on the cart?

kidkat210

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Game saves are stored on the nand. So what you can do is upload, as many as you can, to the cloud if you have nso. Then you can download those saves on your lite.

As for which way to aquire the dlc, that's up to you. It depends on how you set your switch up. If your worried bout a ban and you haven't installed any nsp's/xci's on your sysnand then I would say to buy it. This way you can keep sysnand clean and have the dlc on both emunand and sysnand. Again it's up to you and weight out the pros and cons of both

neko_koneko

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Game saves are stored on the nand. So what you can do is upload, as many as you can, to the cloud if you have nso. Then you can download those saves on your lite.

As for which way to aquire the dlc, that's up to you. It depends on how you set your switch up. If your worried bout a ban and you haven't installed any nsp's/xci's on your sysnand then I would say to buy it. This way you can keep sysnand clean and have the dlc on both emunand and sysnand. Again it's up to you and weight out the pros and cons of both

I see. Thankfully, I have had my Switch lite a bit longer than my OG Switch with CFW, So, I basically have only the Captain Toad save which is far into the game, and maybe Mario Tennis Aces. I guess I could put these 2 in the cloud and download to Switch lite, use my lite for online and my OG Switch for offline games, nsps, etc. to make sure I'm not banned. Would this work?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I see. Thankfully, I have had my Switch lite a bit longer than my OG Switch with CFW, So, I basically have only the Captain Toad save which is far into the game, and maybe Mario Tennis Aces. I guess I could put these 2 in the cloud and download to Switch lite, use my lite for online and my OG Switch for offline games, nsps, etc. to make sure I'm not banned. Would this work?
There is always a risk of getting banned when hacking a Switch.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: it won't make it better or worse