Homebrew RELEASE sys-netcheat - Simple open-source cheat-engine.

Tigeris tiger

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hmmm. I do have a question. I got stuff installed, ect. Opened powershell and ran telnet. I got it to connect but for like 2/10ths of a sec then it kills the connection. I was wondering if anyone else had this problem or know if I'm doing something wrong? I uploaded a picture to show what it does.

Attachments

• cheatnet.jpg
    cheatnet.jpg
    7.6 KB · Views: 682

8BitWonder

Small Homebrew Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reminds of the wiiu days when ryancock shot his load all over Mario kart 8 and did exactly the same thing. Yes it ruined a fair online community that enjoys a fair game. Tbh if you enjoy this sort of application you are in the minority! Trust me!
People seem to be receiving a ban just from homebrew error logs. Do you really think that it will take long for online cheaters to be banned?
You don't need to be worried about this.

@jakibaki, thank you for releasing this.
Once I've got a more comfortable setup on my switch it'll be fun to mess with it.

Last edited by 8BitWonder,

Rickyman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
hmmm. I do have a question. I got stuff installed, ect. Opened powershell and ran telnet. I got it to connect but for like 2/10ths of a sec then it kills the connection. I was wondering if anyone else had this problem or know if I'm doing something wrong? I uploaded a picture to show what it does.
You have a message pointing what you have to do right there

BlastedGuy9905

where's the updated autopsy report
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The solution is in that picture...

SliverSrufer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You have to use netcat to connect. I managed to add searching u8 support and compiled and it works but still cant find the variable im looking for in game lol.

LordIgnis

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Fair point. However, people familiar with games like Splatoon 2 have mentioned that there's no anticheat system in place.
they may not be banned directly from cheating in splatoon, due to the lack of anti cheat. But simply running this on your console and being online would probably get noticed by nintendo when they scan your files and all the certificates and crap that they do to prevent pirates, and then your console gets banned.

Gimzie

professional moron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
they may not be banned directly from cheating in splatoon, due to the lack of anti cheat. But simply running this on your console and being online would probably get noticed by nintendo when they scan your files and all the certificates and crap that they do to prevent pirates, and then your console gets banned.

I suppose that makes sense.

FR0ZN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I pushed an update adding u8+u16 support and (probably) fixing some issues with windows.

Hey great job on that plugin!

There is this programm on PC called cheat engine, which is pretty insane when it comes to value search etc.
Afaik, it has a server / client system, where the server portion is open source, so can port it to different platforms.

Do you see that happen for your plugin? That would eliminate the client portion on the PC and replace it with already available software that does a lot more.

jakibaki

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hey great job on that plugin!

There is this programm on PC called cheat engine, which is pretty insane when it comes to value search etc.
Afaik, it has a server / client system, where the server portion is open source, so can port it to different platforms.

Do you see that happen for your plugin? That would eliminate the client portion on the PC and replace it with already available software that does a lot more.
Unfortunately cheat engine has support for neither linux nor macOS hosts so I won't be adding this (also I don't know how hard it would be to port the server, probably not easy at all).

If you know of a cross-platform alternative I'd be happy to take a look at it.

Last edited by jakibaki,
Reactions: CuriousTommy

FR0ZN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Unfortunately cheat engine has support for neither linux nor macOS hosts so I won't be adding this (also I don't know how hard it would be to port the server, probably not easy at all).

If you know of a cross-platform alternative I'd be happy to take a look at it.

Unfortunately I dunno any alternatives.
But afaik, Cheat Engine exsits for macOS, you an download it from their website.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: so much lightning shit makes valley of bowser from super mario world tame in comparison