Homebrew RELEASE sys-netcheat - Simple open-source cheat-engine.

Wolfy

Person That Never Was
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reminds of the wiiu days when ryancock shot his load all over Mario kart 8 and did exactly the same thing. Yes it ruined a fair online community that enjoys a fair game. Tbh if you enjoy this sort of application you are in the minority! Trust me!

Depends on whose using them sir, I for one just enjoying screwing around with BOTW with cheats like the Tornado mod that causes anything that's a ragdoll to become something beautiful...

matias3ds

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I love the cheats ,, but for offline playing .
heats on online its not fun for me , i have seen in Mario kart 8 wii u as someone thats was on last position , win the race in first place , i dont uunderstand how thats fun for them !

Gren22

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Few suggestions for improving this cool tool:
NSwitchDebugger allows you to find the start of the memory section assigned to a process because everything before it just reads as X's, could you perhaps make it so the program automatically finds the start of the game's memory section and automatically uses that to display the addresses as an offset to the start of the game's memory?
Also, instead of just having the ability to search for specific values, could we have the ability to live view a section of RAM, doesn't have to be large just maybe 64 bytes or so of it so we can scroll through it looking for values that aren't precise/changing.
Lastly, would it be possible to dump all of the memory to a text file for looking through, or ideally just the memory allocated to the game to try and compare it to find various parts easier as well.

Awesome tool so far, keep up the work!

Supreme23

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To use this first add fullsvcperm=1 and debugmode=1 to your hekate_ipl.ini.
After that move the sys-netcheat.kip from the release to the modules-folder of your sdcard and add the line kip1=modules/sys-netcheat.kip to the hekate_ipl.ini as well.

When it says add to the hekate_ipl.ini do I add those lines to the root of the sd or do I have to go inside the hekate_ipl.ini and copy it in there?

jakibaki

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
To use this first add fullsvcperm=1 and debugmode=1 to your hekate_ipl.ini.
After that move the sys-netcheat.kip from the release to the modules-folder of your sdcard and add the line kip1=modules/sys-netcheat.kip to the hekate_ipl.ini as well.

When it says add to the hekate_ipl.ini do I add those lines to the root of the sd or do I have to go inside the hekate_ipl.ini and copy it in there?
hekate_ipl.ini is a file, not a folder. You open that with your text-editor and edit it.
You can reference the example that I put right below that to see where you have to put stuff.

Reactions: Supreme23

Supreme23

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hekate_ipl.ini is a file, not a folder. You open that with your text-editor and edit it.
You can reference the example that I put right below that to see where you have to put stuff.

Thanks for the info. Really want to get this working, been waiting for a program like this​

D

Deleted User

There's not much games to use this on because theres already save editors for i games i own other than ARMS
well i tried it and it's pretty good, it worked, i got a huge amount of coins, free arms for days!
thank you for this.

Supreme23

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I looked at your example on editing the hekate_ipl.ini but I don't know where in hekate to place the edits. I'm no hacker or anything but once I get this working on my switch I can eventually figure out how to use it. The part is I need help installing it:wacko:. I've included my hekate file if you or somebody in here can help me out it would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• hekate_ipl.zip
    785 bytes · Views: 206

mezz0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I looked at your example on editing the hekate_ipl.ini but I don't know where in hekate to place the edits. I'm no hacker or anything but once I get this working on my switch I can eventually figure out how to use it. The part is I need help installing it:wacko:. I've included my hekate file if you or somebody in here can help me out it would be greatly appreciated.

try and change the following in the ini file:

[CFW]
kip1=modules/newfirm/loader.kip
kip1=modules/newfirm/sm.kip
kip1=modules/sys-netcheat.kip
fullsvcperm=1
debugmode=1

nmkd

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
There's not much games to use this on because theres already save editors for i games i own other than ARMS
well i tried it and it's pretty good, it worked, i got a huge amount of coins, free arms for days!
thank you for this.

This is for many more things than just save editing.

Reactions: CuriousTommy

blurx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Could you add in something to make it stop listening on the switch after you're done using it until you connect again? I seem to be getting Switch hangs after I run it once in some games.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also gonna install twilight menu in my r4 flashcard
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    One thing that just occurred to me.... The sound on the 2600 sucked less back then the harsh sound we hear now is from infinitely better speakers we have now, back when the 2600 was new speakers produced a almost muffled sound, like CRTs made old graphics look slightly better.
    I wonder if I could recommend that to some emulation devs that perhaps the sound could use some smoothing out to simulate those old TVs
    I think a few of the early systems could benefit from that, at least up to the 8 bit generation, by the 16 bit generation I think TVs had gotten a lot better in almost every way
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i dont have an sd card adapter but I have an usb sd card adapter
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Old people games
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    its not the one that comes with the r4
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    doesnt work (my flashcard is from r4isdhc.com)
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    might install ysmenu first
    Try Wood firmware
    For your R4
    It's old but it's the best firmware out for DS stuff
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    it says it only works for the original R4, R4i Gold (r4ids.cn), R4iDSN (r4idsn.com) and Acekard R.P.G.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    nvm it does support mine
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    but why choose it over ysmenu @Psionic Roshambo?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    bc im stupid?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yea ik im stupid
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    Just give it a try, but honestly if you have a 3DS you can play DS games without a card just off the internal SD card
    Slightly slower loading but a bit more convenient
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, my fuckin headphones have an out of place speaker
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Did you try wearing them?
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/eJV6GaIEgd4?si=ciLPnlhfd7XcrxQn