• Likes 88

Anxiety_timmy

Average Asura
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why? This is his work, don't like it and his response don't use it. :D

Modding and oc aren't safe, risk is always there.
You can always w8 and see other ppl experience with it before you use it.

No, let them fight ^^ but let's just bring it back on the forum so we can read this spicy thread and enjoy all of this hate while frying eggs on our OC switches.

@Cooler3D and you sir, thank you for your work :D buuut dont be a wussy : ) also if not here maybe some telegram, discord at least?
This is just a cooler3d alt.

Cooler3D

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
4IFIR Updated (mini update)
Using TV/monitors as wireless Switch display - got better than ever, now with ~0ms latency!

Screenshot 2023-01-19 230543.png

4IFIR out of the box is equipped with everything you need for wireless use with monitors / TVs, etc.
In the update, these features have been improved:

Performance:
Almost zero performance penalty, even with high bittrates.
~0ms latency penalty even with direct simple-network connection over WiFi (feels like responsiveness comparable or VERY close to HDMI.)
60hz / 60fps mode by default (90/90 mode coming soon)
720p (1080p mode coming soon)
Lossless audio (16bit / 1411kbps)

Compatibility:
With (almost) any smart TV / monitor / tablet / smartphone.
With 99.9% Switch titles.
Even Switch Lite without external power is able to simultaneously broadcast the game, act as a gamepad (the built-in display can be turned off), serve 3 more wireless gamepads (for a four-player game), give out three times the gaming performance per watt (this means that even within the stock power consumption - the performance of your Switch will be even higher, than the classic SysKLK is able to achive in principle, at maximum freqs, with original charger and multiple growth of TDP).

It's a pity that the scum of the RetroNX development community spent a lot of time canceling 4IFIR out of envy and the belief that you don't deserve it, just because you are users with no deep technical skills. They didn’t even want to just apologize to me, and they are trying to hush up what happened in this topic. It turned out to be easier for them to send a pocket troll to this topic than to come on their own.

I will ignore their provocations in the topic. I warn you to be aware and not be surprised at the unreasonable persecution against me.

Accessibility:
1-click activation (after the simplest initial setup that does not require any skills from you)
Does not need intermediaries for relaying, does not require a special client application.

You may ask me:
- Cooler3D, what about the latency? ~0ms?
Even a minimal penalty to control responsiveness makes games that require quick reactions conditionally unplayable. Even proprietary Airplay, Miracast, ViDi, etc. cannot broadcast without delay in most cases. Is it realy ~0ms? Especially when broadcasting without intermediaries, client applications and other crutches?

And I will answer you:
Tested on full playthrough of hardcore rhythm shooter BPM: BULLETS PER MINUTE with native resolution and 60 fps patch, in hard mode. This game is affected by control delays probably more than any other game on the platform, I played it with all the auxiliary control mechanisms turned off.

- Can you show me video example of ~0ms?
Sure! Persona 5 Royal, native resolution + 60fps patch (achievable and rock stable even at the stock power consumption of the console, thanks to 4IFIR):

VIDEO (sorry for low lighting conditions and russian local, just for latency reference)

How to ?
Depending on the operating system of the client, the instructions will be slightly different. Today I will show the process of initial client setup, using the example of a Windows device.
  1. Open Tesla Overlay (L+R3+Down - simultaneously)
  2. Go to SysDVR Overlay, remember your IP, then turn on RTSP mode.
  3. Extract 4DVR.zip, on Windows machine (examples for other operating systems will come later).
  4. Edit 4DVR.bat with notepad, and swap 192.168.0.32 to your IP from step 2.
  5. Well done. From now, you can just launch 4DVR.bat - translation will be open automatically.

Compatibility, performance, accessibility - starts in touch without unnecessary preludes. Free for you in every sense. I hope you guys will enjoy!

p.s. Suggestions and bug reports are always welcome. More breakthrough updates in the future!
p.p.s. Sorry for my ENG
p.p.p.s. I hope the guys from RetroNX will someday have the courage to apologize to me for the crime they committed.

Last edited by Cooler3D,

Cooler3D

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
No, let them fight ^^
I'm afraid you misunderstood me. They suffered a humiliating defeat the day they started getting banned without warning for mentioning 4IFIR in their Discord.
They fled their own thread because they had nothing else to fight with. All their arguments have been convincingly defeated, all their accusations turned out to be unfounded, which has been proven in practice. Literally every statement they made about 4IFIR turned out to be wrong.
They are in such a desperate situation that even their pocket troll is offering a truce. The same troll who is ready to defend his idols for months, without even trying to pick up intelligible formulations, in principle, he does not need a sense for an attack, he will get to the bottom of anything, no matter how absurd it may sound.
I'm definitely not here to fight, the opponents are defeated. I came for reparations. The remnants of their reputation, if they do not gather their will into a fist, and do not ask for forgiveness.
Post automatically merged:

I'd suggest not using black text as it's hard to read on dark theme.
For some reason I thought that it was automatically inverted. Thanks for the comment, I won't do it again.

Reactions: MAN-biker

Lamcza

Typ tego typu.
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I'm afraid you misunderstood me. They suffered a humiliating defeat the day they started getting banned without warning for mentioning 4IFIR in their Discord.
They fled their own thread because they had nothing else to fight with. All their arguments have been convincingly defeated, all their accusations turned out to be unfounded, which has been proven in practice. Literally every statement they made about 4IFIR turned out to be wrong.
They are in such a desperate situation that even their pocket troll is offering a truce. The same troll who is ready to defend his idols for months, without even trying to pick up intelligible formulations, in principle, he does not need a sense for an attack, he will get to the bottom of anything, no matter how absurd it may sound.
I'm definitely not here to fight, the opponents are defeated. I came for reparations. The remnants of their reputation, if they do not gather their will into a fist, and do not ask for forgiveness.

For some reason I thought that it was automatically inverted. Thanks for the comment, I won't do it again.
No fighting anymore? As always I missed the best things :P

So this is basically a whole idiotproof sd setup for hardcore oc with some bonus features? :toot:

Maybe this needs its own thread :X?

PS. I don't know s*** about reparations we are very, very bad at it : o

Anxiety_timmy

Average Asura
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
???
but anyway moving on, how did you verify that it was a 0ms delay?
not trying to get you to remove this, just genuinely curious, how did you verify the 0ms time?

And again, you keep with the narrative that RetroNX sent me, which no they didn't.

> Wireless
> 0ms
This math ain't mathin guys

Last edited by Anxiety_timmy,
Reactions: binkinator

Cooler3D

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
So this is basically a whole idiotproof sd setup for hardcore oc with some bonus features? :toot:
Idiots are those who, having barely learned to code, begin to assert themselves at the expense of people of other professions, as if they are engaged not in shit coding, but in rocket science. Besides, someone else's stupidity does not make you smarter. And if he does, what now, and I have to consider you all idiots?

De facto, 4IFIR is the most advanced performance-per-watt solution ever created for consoles (and most likely for all human-made computing devices in principle, no matter how pathetic it may sound). It significantly surpasses any alternatives both in peak performance and in efficiency at stock power consumption, and soon it will also be effective in underclocking (partially already implemented, that is, formally already superior).

If a free tripling of performance without increasing power consumption can be called a bonus, then yes, 4IFIR consists of such bonuses.

Maybe this needs its own thread :X?

PS. I don't know s*** about reparations we are very, very bad at it : o
You mean this thread, which was spoiled by aggressive, ill-mannered participants of RetroNX?
Do not worry. It was frozen at my request a year ago. Now the 4IFIR thread is here. I requisitioned it.
Its former owners have fled to their Discord, so I guess they won't need the thread anymore.

Last edited by Cooler3D,

Lamcza

Typ tego typu.
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
and I have to consider you all idiots?
o sh** i mean I am an idiot :toot:
That's why this was just a question to be sure that this is a full sd setup but i choose poor emote i guess :D

I think someone should clean that thread(but w8 i need to read it xD) or just start a new one it will be easier to track and talk about.

Cooler3D

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
4IFIR Hints
The easiest way to update your 4IFIR is to use the bundled AIO Updater.
It is not required to update Hekate, 4IFIR comes with its improved version.

2023012101465600-0004EDF51B27297FAD35745CCDCC73BD.jpg
There, you can also download graphical enhancements for a variety of games, including 60fps unlocking. With 4IFIR, 60fps and native resolution is achievable in almost any existing game. In most of the games, with 4IFIR, they are achievable even with stock power consumption.

Reactions: Empty02

Anxiety_timmy

Average Asura
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
4IFIR Hints

View attachment 348480
There, you can also download graphical enhancements for a variety of games, including 60fps unlocking. With 4IFIR, 60fps and native resolution is achievable in almost any existing game. In most of the games, with 4IFIR, they are achievable even with stock power consumption.
What methods are you using for the graphical enhancements, or more accurately, are these universal patches or are you pulling them from somewhere.

Lamcza

Typ tego typu.
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
???
but anyway moving on, how did you verify that it was a 0ms delay?
not trying to get you to remove this, just genuinely curious, how did you verify the 0ms time?

And again, you keep with the narrative that RetroNX sent me, which no they didn't.

> Wireless
> 0ms
This math ain't mathin guys
you can push ds4 or ds5 pads to 1 ms on pc mostly by wire but with good bt hmm it is not matching :x? IDK but if you know so show us some proof.
You know that if he is even laying it is not in his responsibility to prof that :D you are the accuser here so go on :o

Anxiety_timmy

Average Asura
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you can push ds4 or ds5 pads to 1 ms on pc mostly by wire but with good bt hmm it is not matching :x? IDK but if you know so show us some proof.
You know that if he is even laying it is not in his responsibility to prof that :D you are the accuser here so go on :o
1ms for simple signals, and I doubt this is being transmited through BT. Actually looking at his post no its not bt, and were streaming video here. You said it yourself, 1ms through wire for simple button inputs, and video isn't just a single bit change. My point is 1ms is kind of unlikely and in the video its hard to see when he actually pushes the buttons but ill check frame by frame later.

ChanseyIsTheBest

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia

ChanseyIsTheBest

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Ah, I thought he found some kind of universal method to get them which would have been neat, but thats fine too.
Kind of wish I got AIO updater dev to put a link to where they come from in the UI though to make it more obvious lol because right now it just says 'Download graphics enhancing cheats' and doesn't say where they are from.

Anxiety_timmy

Average Asura
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1ms for simple signals, and I doubt this is being transmited through BT. Actually looking at his post no its not bt, and were streaming video here. You said it yourself, 1ms through wire for simple button inputs, and video isn't just a single bit change. My point is 1ms is kind of unlikely and in the video its hard to see when he actually pushes the buttons but ill check frame by frame later.
Checked now, its hard to tell when exactly the button is pushed, but going by when it looks like his finger moves away from the button, and when the game reacts, is a total of 3 frames. The video is 28.590524fps, which means a frametime of 34.97662372330077ms. Adding a single frame for possible monitor delay, this adds up to 69.95324744660154ms. I don't doubt the quality of the video probably has something to do (I could download this later and check).

Chrisssj2

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
4IFIR Hints

View attachment 348480
Why can't I download this "4IFIR MOD V 1.1" on 4pda? no link...

Last edited by Chrisssj2,

Anxiety_timmy

Average Asura
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Checked now, its hard to tell when exactly the button is pushed, but going by when it looks like his finger moves away from the button, and when the game reacts, is a total of 3 frames. The video is 28.590524fps, which means a frametime of 34.97662372330077ms. Adding a single frame for possible monitor delay, this adds up to 69.95324744660154ms. I don't doubt the quality of the video probably has something to do (I could download this later and check).
Another part of the video it has 4 frames of delay, accounting for 1 frame of monitor delay, that is 104.9ms. Yeah 0ms is kind of misleading here

Streaming video the way 4Ifir does it is a neat idea, its just presented in a misleading way

Lamcza

Typ tego typu.
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
i mean if it is in between 15-30 it is on the og joycons bt lvl but we are talking about a screen cast over wifi? So 60? bit too much, but maybe, just maybe it can be better if we change whining to some support idk :D

Perhaps we need some brave enough tester to mesure it up :) but to be honest any cast features are just bonus to oc.

Last edited by Lamcza,

Cooler3D

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Why can't I download this "4IFIR MOD V 1.1" on 4pda? no link...
There is no need to switch to the Russian-language forum. Just click on 4IFIR from quoted GBA post.

Kind of wish I got AIO updater dev to put a link to where they come from in the UI though to make it more obvious lol because right now it just says 'Download graphics enhancing cheats' and doesn't say where they are from.
Thanks for the repository. In tandem with the updater, graphic cheats have become hundreds of times more accessible, novice users are very grateful.

I do not like to multiply entities unnecessarily, so I did not create a fork based on the AIO Updater just for the sake of being able to update 4IFIR. With the tasks of updating 4IFIR, downloading cheats and graphic modifications, managing installed cheats, functions of a web browser and a downloader for firmware, the application copes even in the stock state.

However, in the future, I will add the ability to download more complex graphic modifications from my colleague at 4PDA.

In addition, I'm working on creating a universal auto-hooker for key graphical parameters, such as frame rate limiting, vertical sync, double buffering (because of it, 60 frames in native resolution are not always stable in large games from Nintendo).
Not the fact that I will succeed, but still.

Last edited by Cooler3D,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i said i was sleeping...
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sleeping with uremum
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Even my mum slept on that uremum
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    yall im torn... ive been hacking away at tales of phantasia GBA (the USA version) and have so many documents of reverse engineering i've done
    I just found out that the EU version is better in literally every way, better sound quality, better lighting, and there's even a patch someone made to make the text look nicer
    Do I restart now using what i've learned on the EU version since it's a better overall experience? or do I continue with the US version since that is what ive been using, and if someone decides to play my hack, it would most likely be that version?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @TwoSpikedHands, I'll preface this with the fact that I know nothing about the game, but, I think it depends on what your goals are. Are you trying to make a definitive version of the game? You may want to refocus your efforts on the EU version then. Or, are you trying to make a better US version? In which case, the only way to make a better US version is to keep on plugging away at that one ;)
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @TwoSpikedHands just switch, all the knowledge you learned still applies and most of the code and assets should be the same anyway
    and realistically they wouldn't

be able to play it legally anyway since they need a ROM and they probably don't have the means to dump it themselves
    why the shit does the shitbox randomly insert newlines in my messages
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It does that when I edit a post.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It inserts a newline in a random spot.
    never had that i don't think
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    do y'all think having an sd card that has a write speed of 700kb/s is a bad idea?
    trying to restore emunand rn but it's taking ages... (also when I finished the first time hekate decided to delete all my fucking files :wacko:)
    @Karma177 that sd card is 100% faulty so yes, its a bad idea
    even the slowest non-sdhc sd cards are a few MB/s
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    @The Real Jdbye it hasn't given me any error trying to write things on it so I don't really think it's faulty (pasted 40/50gb+ folders and no write errors)
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    run h2testw on it
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    when SD cards/microSD write speeds drop below a meg a sec, they're usually on the verge of dying
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: when SD cards/microSD write speeds drop below a meg a sec, they're usually on the verge of dying