SXOS v2.9.5 beta released, supports firmware 10.0.1 and more

SX295.png

Lagging slightly behind the competition, Team Xecuter have been hard at work to see their SX OS continue to be enjoyed on the latest firmware. [prebreak][/prebreak]As well as this, support for the recently released China region Switch cartridges has been implemented, on top of general improvements to online local multiplayer.

You can check out their press release below:
This SX OS update addresses the following things:
  • Full support for firmware 10.0(.1)
    The latest and greatest firmware is fully supported now. This includes compatibility with the minor update released this week (10.0.1)!
  • Local Multiplayer over the internet (LAN play) updated.
    Local Multiplayer over the internet (LAN play) has gotten some stability improvements. This should help with newer games like Animal Crossing. Please keep in mind to use appropriate MTU/PMTU settings, as some games are very picky about the introduced latency when playing over the internet.
  • Support for chinese gamecart images.
    We have added support for playing backups of chinese gamecart (XCI) images. The switch released in Mainland China only has very few cartridges available at the moment, but this groundwork has also been made so we can support playing western games on chinese switches that soon will be able to run SX OS using our new SX Core/Lite product family!
Users of the SX Autoloader should be aware you need to update it as well also, so please check the Official TX Community or their Official TX Chat Server for the updated files from Team [WAIN]. :)

:arrow: Source: MaxConsole

Last edited by garyopa,

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can you please the share the file. Can't seem to download it
You've probably figured out by now that the site is back up, but you should know that it can NEVER be uploaded here because of certain keys built right in...

Sites down can't even get to it. Guess I will have to wait till later tonight or tomorrow.
It's back up. I've been jumping out of my skin all morning, lol

Last edited by urherenow,

jajamundo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I made a backup of my nand first, then Update using ChoiDujour and get an error (2162-0002). So decide to restore my nand backup and update again with Nintendo Oficial Method and get the same error

Dont know if is a problem with my Nintendo Switch, with the 10.0.1 update or something with SX OS-

Fat32. Switch firmware 9.2

Last edited by jajamundo,

RandomUser

Rosalina in Plush Form
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the problem with the pro dongle is the capacitors it self have less life time then the li-on, both are cheap, but the batteries wont explode or leak some day, and the jig is really good and built it on RCMloader.

i have 3 dongles my self, the pro and NS Atmosphere and Rcmloader one.
but now i only use RCMloader one.
Under the right condition they can explode and can leak. I had an Li-Ion leaked on me and it wasn't pretty.

Reactions: aos10

darkflame808

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone have a CRC or SHA-1 hash of the latest beta? Given that this is a critical boot.dat, just want to be sure it's legit.

Goku1992A

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it is, but I'd recommend FAT32 on your SD card and you can use exFAT on USB stick or USB HDD to store the >4GB XCI images (and you can then direct run them from the USB device, no need to install to SD or copy to SD card).

I finally got NUT working I had to play with the drivers in zadig I kinda like exfat but since I finally got the NUT working for my SXOS build I'll use FAT32

yes, it is. ive been using exfat ever since i got my sxos when it first came out. ive seen people reporting issues, but ive had none. im using a sandisk 400gb card. i had a 128gb, but have upgraded. maybe ive been lucky having no issue with exfat

Any SXOS exclusives besides the HD loading? I think tinfoil has MTP also but I wasn't sure if that was SXOS exclusive.

slaphappygamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Any SXOS exclusives besides the HD loading? I think tinfoil has MTP also but I wasn't sure if that was SXOS exclusive.
MTP? there is mtp-server-nx, its usb file transfer to micro sd card on the switch. is that the same as what you were wondering about? also, i think sxos has xci loading, but im not sure. i got sxos with the dongle for ease of use. it was $45 at the time.

Goku1992A

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
MTP? there is mtp-server-nx, its usb file transfer to micro sd card on the switch. is that the same as what you were wondering about? also, i think sxos has xci loading, but im not sure. i got sxos with the dongle for ease of use. it was $45 at the time.

Yes I was just using that one... for some reason nxmtp doesnt work on my gaming laptop but it works on my work laptop. MTP-ServerNX is working good... I'm getting the license to see the features of SXOS I just want to be able to bounce back and forth firmwares without issues.

Reactions: slaphappygamer

JamieL

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
yes, it is. ive been using exfat ever since i got my sxos when it first came out. ive seen people reporting issues, but ive had none. im using a sandisk 400gb card. i had a 128gb, but have upgraded. maybe ive been lucky having no issue with exfat
Same here, I've always used exfat and never had any issues. Even Retroarch works fine. *shrug*

Reactions: slaphappygamer

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Tonight's nightmare sponsored but G-Fuel! lolo