Hacking SXOS to Atmosphere?

XTHHedgehog

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey there! I had my console hard modded and it came with a paid license of SX OS, and t dual boots with OFW, which I think is emunand? I'm pretty good at using Atmosphere but not SX OS. I want to switch to Atmosphere but keep SX OS so that I can use my USB hard drive for games, or at least have some settings so that SX OS acts more like Atmosphere. How do I achieve this? I want to have the custom themes and sys functionalities of Atmos but the USB hard drive use of SXOS.

mrdude

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Hey there! I had my console hard modded and it came with a paid license of SX OS, and t dual boots with OFW, which I think is emunand? I'm pretty good at using Atmosphere but not SX OS. I want to switch to Atmosphere but keep SX OS so that I can use my USB hard drive for games, or at least have some settings so that SX OS acts more like Atmosphere. How do I achieve this? I want to have the custom themes and sys functionalities of Atmos but the USB hard drive use of SXOS.
Just boot into a payload such as hekate or argon nx and you can boot into sxos or atmos from those.

Or just hold down vol+ when booting - and you will go to sxos menu - you can boot atoms payload from there.

Last edited by mrdude,

XTHHedgehog

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just boot into a payload such as hekate or argon nx and you can boot into sxos or atmos from those.

Or just hold down vol+ when booting - and you will go to sxos menu - you can boot atoms payload from there.
Tried. Ends up booting to OFW

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
I've got an Erista (V1 Patched) unit and was able to dual boot successfully yesterday. However, it's not so straight forward (it's easy, with just a couple of extra steps) and requires "cleaning" SX traces before loading Hekate. It works, and as long as you don't need to hard reboot often? Works great.

cagerhager

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I ran into a slew of issues and not sure if you would want to do this, took some tinkering, but was able to create an emunand that dual boots wonderfully. I created a back up of my emunand (was on a hidden partition of sd card) with NX nand manager, backed up my entire SD card files, then created a new emunand partition with what i just dumped using the hidden partition in the nx nand manager, then copied back my SD card files. I had to make a change the path in the emummc.ini file to see where I had saved my games to (personally the ini file was in the emunand folder and changed it to these values:

[emummc]
enabled=1
sector=0x2
path=emuMMC/EROO
id=0x0000
nintendo_path=Emutendo

Emutendo had my installed games. I am able to boot with SXOS with the dongle and can then reboot to hekate payload if need so be, or vice versa.

aarstar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, I have the exact same configuration to dual boot the same emuMMC using Atmosphere and SXOS. Also, not sure where it came from, but in the ER00 folder, there's a file called 'raw_based'. Works well for using both CFWs, though I almost exclusively use Atmosphere nowadays.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: *teleports behind you* "Nothing personnel, kiddo" +1