1. XTHHedgehog

OP XTHHedgehog Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Hey there! I had my console hard modded and it came with a paid license of SX OS, and t dual boots with OFW, which I think is emunand? I'm pretty good at using Atmosphere but not SX OS. I want to switch to Atmosphere but keep SX OS so that I can use my USB hard drive for games, or at least have some settings so that SX OS acts more like Atmosphere. How do I achieve this? I want to have the custom themes and sys functionalities of Atmos but the USB hard drive use of SXOS.

2. mrdude

mrdude GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Just boot into a payload such as hekate or argon nx and you can boot into sxos or atmos from those.

Or just hold down vol+ when booting - and you will go to sxos menu - you can boot atoms payload from there.

Last edited by mrdude, Sep 24, 2020
  3. XTHHedgehog

OP XTHHedgehog Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Tried. Ends up booting to OFW

4. linuxares

linuxares I'm not a generous god!

Sweden
    If it's a Mariko, you're SOL with Atmosphere at the moment. Only SXOS supports it.

ChronoTrig likes this.
  5. XTHHedgehog

OP XTHHedgehog Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Mariko is the V2 Switch right? Mine is an XAW serial Switch. It's a V1

6. mrdude

mrdude GBAtemp Advanced Fan

I've got sxos - and can dual boot just fine. You're not doing it correct with sxos - you need to keep your finger on the vol+ until you reach the sxos screen.

7. Memoir

Memoir Hi, I'm Cynical!

United States
    I've got an Erista (V1 Patched) unit and was able to dual boot successfully yesterday. However, it's not so straight forward (it's easy, with just a couple of extra steps) and requires "cleaning" SX traces before loading Hekate. It works, and as long as you don't need to hard reboot often? Works great.

8. cagerhager

cagerhager GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I ran into a slew of issues and not sure if you would want to do this, took some tinkering, but was able to create an emunand that dual boots wonderfully. I created a back up of my emunand (was on a hidden partition of sd card) with NX nand manager, backed up my entire SD card files, then created a new emunand partition with what i just dumped using the hidden partition in the nx nand manager, then copied back my SD card files. I had to make a change the path in the emummc.ini file to see where I had saved my games to (personally the ini file was in the emunand folder and changed it to these values:

[emummc]
    enabled=1
    sector=0x2
    path=emuMMC/EROO
    id=0x0000
    nintendo_path=Emutendo

Emutendo had my installed games. I am able to boot with SXOS with the dongle and can then reboot to hekate payload if need so be, or vice versa.

9. aarstar

aarstar Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Yes, I have the exact same configuration to dual boot the same emuMMC using Atmosphere and SXOS. Also, not sure where it came from, but in the ER00 folder, there's a file called 'raw_based'. Works well for using both CFWs, though I almost exclusively use Atmosphere nowadays.

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Atmosphere,