SX Pro is now rolling off the production line - more of your Questions Answered

Everyone has been wondering how things are moving along with getting the SX PRO devices into the hands of the official resellers, and today we had the pleasure to be given an exclusive tour of the inside of the Team-Xecuter factory, and we took some cool photos of the assembly line in operation, and at the same time the developers took a break out of their busy schedule to answer some more of your questions you been having recently since the last SX update a few days ago.

SX-LINE.jpg

The clock is ticking and we are getting closer to Xecuter SX line launch date.

We wanted to share some of the pictures of the first units coming out of our assembly lines and of the packaging for SX Pro. We are very satisfied with the product quality and we are certain you will be as well. We will have some video and maybe another announcement coming and then it will be TIME!

Before we leave you, our usual Q&A to your most popular questions.
  • Q: Is SX OS compatible with firmware 5.1.0
    A:
    Of course. And as we stated before, it will be compatible with the next updates as well. We are offering a future proof solution.
  • Q: Will the SX OS for people who bought it 'stand alone' be delivered before the SX OS for people who bought SX Pro?
    A:
    Not necessarily. SX Pro will be shipped in the days to come to distributors. SX OS will be unlocked a bit after the reviewers get their units (all reviewers receive SX Pro).
    So depending on the speed of delivery to your distributor and then to you, SX Pro could come before SX OS stand alone. It probably will be very close.
  • Q: Why is there - and + symbols engraved in the SX Pro dongle?
    Since USB-C devices can be plugged in either way, people are worried if dongle plugged in upside down, the + on left and - on right, and SX label facing down, that the Switch will blew up or get bricked, etc.
    A:
    They are here just for cosmetic reasons. The - symbol is also the LED window.
  • Q: Yikes, those are two huge caps in render picture? Is that going to taser my Switch, damage my system, or zap me!
    A:
    Super Cap’s actually (super-capacitor), 0.35F 2.7V, given the transport issues with Lithium based batteries SuperCap’s are fast becoming the go to temporary power source.
    No zapping ( very low voltage ) and we limit the charge current to ~400mA peak for either USB port.
  • Q: Huh, two caps, how do they get 'charged'? Do I have now and then plug my dongle into micro-USB cable to charge it, what happens when it runs out of power? -- Why not battery instead? -- Does it instead drain my Switch battery, what happens if I leave it plugged in.
    A:
    The SuperCap’s are charged from either usb port ( USB-C or Micro USB ). The caps offer approximately 1 week standby time with enough energy left for one boot, or at least 5 successive boots without the opportunity to auto-charge. Charge to 80% is achieved (automatically) within 1-2 seconds of entry into the Nintendo start menu. We are working reducing that considerably … (see above for why not battery). Because we are powered by s-cap’s we have a very power conscious design.
    Leaving the dongle in the console for more than a minute is pointless but will do no harm in any way to the dongle and drain very little battery ( currently we draw ~25mA but will work on reducing that considerably after ~1-2 minutes charge mode).
  • Q: Can I charge my Switch via dongle?
    Using just micro-usb cable, removing the need of needing a proper usb-c cable.
    A:
    Sadly no, our intent for the micro USB port was for charging the dongle and firmware updates, but might be something we will consider for future hardware revisions, thanks.
  • Q: There been reports of cables, and docks without that bricked the battery charging circuit, are we at risk with SX Pro solution?
    A:
    No, simply because we do not support charging. The dongle uses both USB ports only for receiving charge.
  • Q: Is TX coming up with solution for those that leave their Switch always 'docked'?
    Its nice, that is portable, but some users never go 'portable', they are DOCK only fans, what about them?
    A:
    If the demand is there, it is something we can develop.
Team-Xecuter, Rocking the Switch in 2018!

Check out the source link below, for their exclusive photos of the TX assembly line)

:arrow: Source: MaxConsole

Last edited by garyopa, , Reason: removing my usual bad grammar

Gopherit06

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Good morning all,

I was wondering if this Jig will work with the TX OS setup - I noticed in the pictures that the Jig they (team xecuter) sends looks different.

upload_2018-6-3_8-8-2.png

I just received this jig from an Ebay seller a while back and wanted to make sure if it would work with the SX OS since I preordered the OS only.

Thanks! :)

D

Deleted-351540

I still stand behind my purchase because I need the dongle. All of you keep saying that an Android phone and an OTG cable will do the same thing, but my Android phone won't do it. I've tried several times and it just doesn't do it. Which means I have to either buy a new phone (expensive) or carry around a laptop to send payloads (cumbersome).

The dongle was an easy and ready to go solution for my needs. I'm still going to wait for Atmosphere and not use TX OS but in order to do so, I need a way to send payloads. The TX dongle does this and was $40, much cheaper than a new smartphone and much less cumbersome than carrying around my laptop.

Squirelly

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I still stand behind my purchase because I need the dongle. All of you keep saying that an Android phone and an OTG cable will do the same thing, but my Android phone won't do it. I've tried several times and it just doesn't do it. Which means I have to either buy a new phone (expensive) or carry around a laptop to send payloads (cumbersome).

Try another USB-C cable. I couldn't get my android phone (galaxy s7) to detect my switch, for NXLoader, with the cable I use when I connect it to my pc. Got a new USB-C cable (a fully compliant one with the 56k resistor) and my phone detect's it fine now. Some cables will work fine with PC, but not android.

DigitalJosee

Go your clever boy, and remember me!
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

The dongle was an easy and ready to go solution for my needs. I'm still going to wait for Atmosphere and not use TX OS but in order to do so, I need a way to send payloads. The TX dongle does this and was $40, much cheaper than a new smartphone and much less cumbersome than carrying around my laptop.
Try an proper OTG cable/adaptor, mine wasn't working with a regular microUSB+USB A to USB-C. Now it's working fine.
Good morning all,

I was wondering if this Jig will work with the TX OS setup - I noticed in the pictures that the Jig they (team xecuter) sends looks different.

View attachment 129184

I just received this jig from an Ebay seller a while back and wanted to make sure if it would work with the SX OS since I preordered the OS only.

Yes, it'll work. No matter what pins your Jig ground, if it's working (and putting you on RCM), it'll work with SX OS.

Enviado de meu SM-G935F usando Tapatalk

garyopa

Admin @ MaxConsole
OP
Trophies
Website
www.O-P-A.biz
XP
Country
Canada
Good morning all,

View attachment 129184

Yours does pin 1 and 10 which just as good as pin 7 and 10 which tx uses

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't believe this. This is untrue it won't charge from a switch cos of the power that would be needed for those caps.

Ask your self why they tried to NOT tell you it needed charging and deliberately avoided showing this on any video.

Videos take seconds to produce yet mysteriously Max & Bowser don't produce one to show this.

BUT do believe in Free Switch Day it's going to be a happening
? Why would you think that the Switch USB C port doesn't produce enough power to charge two capacitors?

Paiuand

Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq
Question, can I play my games in airplane mode the whole time when using SX and when some sort of emunand is out then play games online?

D

Deleted-351540

Try another USB-C cable. I couldn't get my android phone (galaxy s7) to detect my switch, for NXLoader, with the cable I use when I connect it to my pc. Got a new USB-C cable (a fully compliant one with the 56k resistor) and my phone detect's it fine now. Some cables will work fine with PC, but not android.

Try an proper OTG cable/adaptor, mine wasn't working with a regular microUSB+USB A to USB-C. Now it's working fine.

I've tried both of these solutions to no avail. I've given it up as a phone problem. I've also read that many people with Motorola phones are also having this issue and of course... I have a Motorola.

Thanks though.

Reactions: Squirelly

Xandroz

Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt
We Are 36 hours from Switch Day.
If You Are Right, Ill Come For Advice For my Future.
Nice Name BTW
like Rusef Day

Xandroz

Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt
yea your good to go with os alone, but if i were you wait a few days to see switch day, or atmosphere release.
thats why im
holding on my preorder

kevin corms

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Apparently Soul is saying its tommorow 6pm eastern

garyopa is saying he is a bullshitter, and soul is saying gary is in bed with xecuter.

thats what you missed :D

lol, im just waiting until things are released before I buy anything anyway. If tx os comes out and it works well I might just buy it.

gene0915

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
We've already got more leaks than a leaky boat. It seems the Switch will be getting quite a few new games on top of the several already announced but yet to be released. Even as someone who doesn't much care for the Switch as of right now, I find your stance baffling at best.

I still stand by what i said. That Nintendo will announce some good 1st party games (Smash, Punch-Out, Star Fox probably, etc.). They will also announce shovel ware and a handful of games that have been out on other platforms for some time.

And why do all you people hate on T-X DRM'd mod chip so much? Who is forcing you to buy it? First world problems, I swear. You want to rage against stuff, try raging against the USA's illegal occupation of Syria..... rage against how israel has their hand up the USA's ass and is using us to lay waste to nation after nation in the middle east, leaving death and destruction everywhere we go...... rage against how israel is killing Palestinians that are protesting against ILLEGAL land grabs...... rage against Monsanto poisoning our food supply...... rage against high unemployment...........rage against the police state...........rage against people in the UK getting thrown in prison for filming child molesters getting hauled into court.

But all this crying and bitching about how "evil" T-X is for releasing a DRM mod chip is ridiculous. People, like me, that are buying this mod chip, we TOTALLY UNDERSTAND the DRM aspect of it and guess what, we don't F*CKING CARE! We want to run our pirated warez right now!

Reactions: Bimmel

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Stop trying to make on my cakes