Hacking SX Pro for unreleased games

stehilton94

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
Hey guys, just wondering if anyone is aware if SX Pro will work with new upcoming games? Or is it possible that Nintendo will patch it out for newer games? I am wondering because I plan on buying a switch for the upcoming Pokemon game, and will only buy SX Pro if it will work with it, thanks in advance

TheZander

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, just wondering if anyone is aware if SX Pro will work with new upcoming games? Or is it possible that Nintendo will patch it out for newer games? I am wondering because I plan on buying a switch for the upcoming Pokemon game, and will only buy SX Pro if it will work with it, thanks in advance
You're only going to buy an sx pro if it works for one specials game that comes out next year? Despite all the other games you could play you wouldn't but it if it didn't work with Pokemon? Essentially intending on using it for one specific have, how much money are you saving? 20 dollars?

I don't understand your stance at all

stehilton94

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
Well how about the possibility of buying a Pokemon retail version of it when released and it working even though I have an SX Pro? Sorry for the stupidity, as you can tell I know little about the Switch scene

silvershadow

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
you likely dont have much to worry about, however you are asking about predicting the future.

its usually just always a cat and mouse game. if nintendo introduces a new "card format" or anti piracy protection, u just wait a bit, then the loader gets updated and it will work again. The most recent example is Card 2 games for switch. on initial SX OS release, they didnt work, but then they worked in an update.

again, nothing is guaranteed though.

playing an official game (even on sx os) should always work, doesnt seem fair to ban someone from buying games and playing them, but you never know what can happen.

Reactions: stehilton94

stehilton94

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
You're only going to buy an sx pro if it works for one specials game that comes out next year? Despite all the other games you could play you wouldn't but it if it didn't work with Pokemon? Essentially intending on using it for one specific have, how much money are you saving? 20 dollars?

I don't understand your stance at all

Not really the issue, the Missus wants a switch, but shes very uptight about hacking, unlike me, so if we get a switch and cannot play the only game she wants which is Pokemon, then I won't hack it if you get me, if we can still play cart games, as in buy Pokemon as well as having SX Pro, then win win

you likely dont have much to worry about, however you are asking about predicting the future.

its usually just always a cat and mouse game. if nintendo introduces a new "card format" or anti piracy protection, u just wait a bit, then the loader gets updated and it will work again. The most recent example is Card 2 games for switch. on initial SX OS release, they didnt work, but then they worked in an update.

again, nothing is guaranteed though.

playing an official game (even on sx os) should always work, doesnt seem fair to ban someone from buying games and playing them, but you never know what can happen.

Thanks for this mate, now that I know we can play official games as well as using SX Pro it makes this easier :)

Reactions: slaphappygamer

TheZander

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well how about the possibility of buying a Pokemon retail version of it when released and it working even though I have an SX Pro? Sorry for the stupidity, as you can tell I know little about the Switch scene
Im still confused by what your concerns are but i don't fully understand how your weighing your decision.

gizmomelb

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
if you buy SX then you CANNOT play online - which your wife may want to do. So if she does, then forget about the SX Pro and hacking as your switch may / will be banned and you'll be in the dog house with your partner.

silvershadow

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks for this mate, now that I know we can play official games as well as using SX Pro it makes this easier :)

Just to clarify, by play the game i mean, you can play the game (if you buy a physical copy), but you MAY not be able to play the game online.

so far, people that have been banned have been able to update their games still and update their console, but they havent been able to play the game online (so for example, you cant do online trading, you may only be able to do local training and local battles)

I could be wrong, but i think if your console is banned, you also cannot buy digital games (which i think is the problem for people like me since i dont care about playing a game online)

I'm personally trying to stay on the safe side. I've been staying away from sx os for now.

The way things seem to look now though, is that, if you are into piracy and staying offline, you should be able to get updates and dlc and eshop games right now regardless of being banned.

Reactions: stehilton94

lolcatzuru

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

absolutely! its interesting, they actually go into the future and then sneak into nintendo's HQ, like the ocean's movies, and they find out how the new games are designed, and they make sure to take lots of notes, so that way nintendo will get their kirmuppins when they try to enforce their new anti-piracy.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Just to clarify, by play the game i mean, you can play the game (if you buy a physical copy), but you MAY not be able to play the game online.

so far, people that have been banned have been able to update their games still and update their console, but they havent been able to play the game online (so for example, you cant do online trading, you may only be able to do local training and local battles)

I could be wrong, but i think if your console is banned, you also cannot buy digital games (which i think is the problem for people like me since i dont care about playing a game online)

I'm personally trying to stay on the safe side. I've been staying away from sx os for now.

The way things seem to look now though, is that, if you are into piracy and staying offline, you should be able to get updates and dlc and eshop games right now regardless of being banned.

you are not wrong about the online thing, if you tried to buy a game you would be literally flushing your money as the info won't be pushed to your account, ban or no ban.

Zytos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It worked fine with Octopath, which got leaked before the release date. It will work fine as long as Nintendo doesn't change the cart format again.

Yeah, I was ready to play it last night and update through OFW but I thought--holy shit, the game is not released yet; this might be auto-ban. So I held off.

Zytos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It worked fine with Octopath, which got leaked before the release date. It will work fine as long as Nintendo doesn't change the cart format again.

Yeah, I was ready to play it last night and update through OFW but I thought--holy shit, the game is not released yet; this might be auto-ban. So I held off.

Zytos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: 50% closer to getting my teeth fixed