SX Pro Dongle Defective - NO LED - DOA 1st batch from MCD

Dvdxploitr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I really like Modchipsdirect. I bought a GateWay from them when they were brand new, I ordered my SX Pro from them but then cancelled my pre-order and just got the license key. It only took them a few hours to get me a key...online-trends didn't get me a key in over 8 hours. I've always had great response time from modchipsdirect (less than 6 hours between every email i've sent them).

Reactions: Zytos

Miqote

Trophies
XP
Country
Macedonia, The Former Yugoslav Republic of
the point is: if you sold me something you are responsible for any faulty devices,you suppose to replace and then you deal with TX TEAM and not to tell the customer contact TX.
It appears they only did that because they currently don't have any units to replace it and advised the customer to contact TX and see if they had any idea how to fix it instead of telling the customer to just sit there and do nothing while they wait.

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
You're kidding, right? You must be American if you think it's okay for the retailer to fuck over their customers when the product *they* sold them turn out to be defective. In countries that have actual consumer protection laws, retailers are obligated to refund or replace any defective product that they sell, regardless of whether they're the actual manufacturer.
That American remark was completely uncalled for. Not all of us are that ignorant. Thanks.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

how is a hardware flaw the fault of the shipper? i understand if something was smashed or lit on fire, but these seems to be factory defects.
Considering any other retailer would assume responsibility for shipping a dead product? This is on MCD. What? Just because they sell shady shit they're exempt from providing good customer service?

Reactions: comput3rus3r

magico29

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It appears they only did that because they currently don't have any units to replace it and advised the customer to contact TX and see if they had any idea how to fix it instead of telling the customer to just sit there and do nothing while they wait.
thats not the only case,they are not responsible and
That American remark was completely uncalled for. Not all of us are that ignorant. Thanks.

Considering any other retailer would assume responsibility for shipping a dead product? This is on MCD. What? Just because they sell shady shit they're exempt from providing good customer service?
mcd is full of crap,we are not buying from TX website, excuses thats all.

Twisted_sins

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

They said in their post they would replace it but wanted you to contact tx to see they can help. I'm sure mcd is about a month away from replacing yours as they are backlogged just like everyone else

And that American statement just showed your stupidity and I agree with the poster. We have those same laws as he says. If you have a problem you report it to the consumer protection division of your states AG office. Also the shipper is NOT liable for the costs the manufacturing company is. You send your device back and they get a new one from the company who makes them.

Even in the EU GameStop will tell you to contact the mfg ie Nintendo or Sony or whenever if you buy a new defective device if they don't have any in stock or if it's a wrrenty issue.

I work at a GameStop in germany. Know your shit before you say stupid shit

Last edited by Twisted_sins,
Reactions: Zonark

Zonark

Zonark - Noun - A God
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
MCD was supposed to be a trusted site, but after all the nonsense they pulled with the sx, not anymore.
Honestly they didn’t do anything wrong or bad, I mean their stickers weren’t on in order to get it though customs, they did this so we would get it faster, they kept their web page updated. This is literally the first shipment which mind you comes from China still and if you were to order something from there it would still take just as long if not longer to get it. I mean I got first batch of the sx and it came pretty fast from them given a friend of mine is still waiting on his (we live in the same town). Given the fact that this type of thing happens always with first orders of mod chips. Now I’d be pissed if these things were actually in their hands when I ordered and it took this long but they weren’t. If anyone was to blame it would be customs

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
They said in their post they would replace it but wanted you to contact tx to see they can help. I'm sure mcd is about a month away from replacing yours as they are backlogged just like everyone else

Contact manufacturer for a day 1 defect or just get it replaced and let the shipper deal with the manufacturer.

9 times out of 10 you get screwed with excuses and terrible warranties. It's a customer service thing, and unfortunately it's created a sense of entitlement. However, it's easier to just do the latter.

Miqote

Trophies
XP
Country
Macedonia, The Former Yugoslav Republic of
thats not the only case,they are not responsible and
mcd is full of crap,we are not buying from TX website, excuses thats all.

So you didn't understand my post or you have some sort of blind seething hatred for MCD even though they did nothing wrong (and even offered friendly free advice!). Okay. Just wanted to make sure we were all on the same page.

I don't envy your job, @ModChipsDirect. Good luck.

Zonark

Zonark - Noun - A God
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

And that American statement just showed your stupidity. We have those same laws. If you have a problem you report it to the consumer protection division of your states AG office.
This. Right here. 100 percent dead on. You would probably get a replacement faster if you contacted tx Mdc literally has to fulfill all orders before replacements can be issued. I mean what if your stuff wasn’t really broken and you were just trying to scam them? This would cause the poor boy who saved all his pennies he saved from cleaning fountains over the years to have to wait another week to get his then

Twisted_sins

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
get lost mate,this is a free country and i say whatever i want to say. whats your point to harass.
Dude, cry me a river, build a bridge and get the fuck over it. Shit happens. They will send you a new one, you just gotta wait like a month or more do to back stock issues or contact tx see if they can help

Last edited by Twisted_sins,
Reactions: radrom

viper3344

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I thought mine was busted too. LED NEVER ever ever ever ever ever turns on when plugged into the switch. When I plug it into a usb port with the provided cable, led comes on. It seems like it charges from the switch port but will never actually light up unless plugged into a USB port. Is it supposed to light up when plugged into the switch?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @AncientBoi