Hacking SX OS to Atmosphere

Fife Dawg

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi, I am still using SXOS on firmware 11.0.0 but plan to migrate to Atmosphere. I have the latest version of Atmosphere on my micro sd card and a bootloader cfw that can boot into Atmosphere from SXOS. Do i need to do any other preparation before I update the OFW to 12.1.0? When i do update the OFW how do i run atmosphere if the switch is turned off as i assume the latest OFW will block my ability to launch SXOS with my SXOS dongle?

Reactions: bengalvfan

thesjaakspoiler

Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
You forgot the 'NAND backup' step. Just in case...
You can use the emunand feature.
It takes a more preparation but basically it's a copy of the Nand which can run another ofw and you can keep the internal nand running on 11.0.0 if you like to stick to SXOS for some reason.
Anything higher than 11.0.0 will indeed be unusable with SXOS.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I am still using SXOS on firmware 11.0.0 but plan to migrate to Atmosphere. I have the latest version of Atmosphere on my micro sd card and a bootloader cfw that can boot into Atmosphere from SXOS. Do i need to do any other preparation before I update the OFW to 12.1.0? When i do update the OFW how do i run atmosphere if the switch is turned off as i assume the latest OFW will block my ability to launch SXOS with my SXOS dongle?
You can setup emuMMC.

Bonovox40

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In the same situation here. (going from SX to Atmosphere on unpatched Erista switch v 11.0.0, using SX os jig/dongle to boot into CFW) I followed this guide at it worked great: https://rentry.co/SwitchHackingIsEasy

I formatted my SD card, created an emunand, confirmed Atmosphere is on it and copied back my original SD card backup files.

My only issue is when I power on the switch, and use the jig/dongle, it ALWAYS boots into SX OS sysnand.
If I hold + i can get into SX os boot menu. (I don't want SX anymore, just like the jig/dongle so I don't need to use Tegra RCA on my PC)

If I go click CFW on the main SX OS boot menu, it boots up SX sysnand. If I go into SX menu options, I can manually select the hekate ctcaer payload, which will then bring up that blue screen with the 'launch' and emmmc and other tools and such. Clicking launch, I can then select Atmosphere and it boots into Atmos emunnand fine after like 20 seconds.

But this pathing seems so unnecessary and time consuming. I watched a video where a guy setup Atmos using a jig/dongle and it would boot straight into atmosphere, or give him a direct choice if he held + down and would let him go to emunand atmos or sysnand easily.
What am I doing wrong? Ideally I would like to have the switch autoboot into Atmosphere everytime when the jib/dongle is connected and switch powered on. If I update emunand Atmosphere to 12.1 using Daybreak, will that mess anything up?

Kallrkyle

Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
In the same situation here. (going from SX to Atmosphere on unpatched Erista switch v 11.0.0, using SX os jig/dongle to boot into CFW) I followed this guide at it worked great: https://rentry.co/SwitchHackingIsEasy

I formatted my SD card, created an emunand, confirmed Atmosphere is on it and copied back my original SD card backup files.

My only issue is when I power on the switch, and use the jig/dongle, it ALWAYS boots into SX OS sysnand.
If I hold + i can get into SX os boot menu. (I don't want SX anymore, just like the jig/dongle so I don't need to use Tegra RCA on my PC)

If I go click CFW on the main SX OS boot menu, it boots up SX sysnand. If I go into SX menu options, I can manually select the hekate ctcaer payload, which will then bring up that blue screen with the 'launch' and emmmc and other tools and such. Clicking launch, I can then select Atmosphere and it boots into Atmos emunnand fine after like 20 seconds.

But this pathing seems so unnecessary and time consuming. I watched a video where a guy setup Atmos using a jig/dongle and it would boot straight into atmosphere, or give him a direct choice if he held + down and would let him go to emunand atmos or sysnand easily.
What am I doing wrong? Ideally I would like to have the switch autoboot into Atmosphere everytime when the jib/dongle is connected and switch powered on. If I update emunand Atmosphere to 12.1 using Daybreak, will that mess anything up?

You can make your own cstm boot.dat to use with your SX dongle from here
https://sx-boot-dat-creator.herokuapp.com/

Kallrkyle

Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
hi can you please guide us through the process to make a custom boot.dat ,as i too want to migrate to atmosphere
from sx os but want to use the dongle
thanks

Its pretty simple, if you want to boot Hekate you chose the hekate.bin file to convert, if you want to boot directely to ams and are using the latest you chose primary.bin to convert
The boot.dat you get you put on the root of your sd like you did with SX OS, use the dongle to boot and it boots

Reactions: theskid

theskid

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Its pretty simple, if you want to boot Hekate you chose the hekate.bin file to convert, if you want to boot directely to ams and are using the latest you chose primary.bin to convert
The boot.dat you get you put on the root of your sd like you did with SX OS, use the dongle to boot and it boots

thats great,thanks
Okay i have loads of .xci files so dont want to completely loose sx os
I.m currently running from sysNAND and sx os
Can i install emuNAND to run atmosphere and switch between the two?

Kallrkyle

Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
Yes you can, but you then can't use the custom boot.dat to boot other payload
But you can always boot hekate payload from SXOS menu then

Last edited by Kallrkyle,

theskid

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yes you can, but you then can't use the custom boot.dat to boot other payload
But you can always boot hekate payload from SXOS menu then

got it working booting hekate from sx os pro dongle,using custom boot.dat,then atmosphere via hekate
is there any way of booting sx os from hekate?then i have dual boot

{p.s i managed to get the option in hekate to boot sx os fw by editing the .ini file and i tried original boot.dat in payloads where i pointed it to ,but it wont boot}

Last edited by theskid,

Kallrkyle

Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
You can't use the costum boot.dat and start Sx OS from Hekate at the same time.
SX OS needs its original boot.dat on the root of your SD card to boot up
What you can do is, keep the Hekate payload on the root of your SD card, then boot up SX OS, keep holding vol+ while booting so you get to the SX OS menu, there you tap option, then tap payload, you can here boot Hekate then
I know it would be better if you could do it the other way around, but you can't have 2 boot.dat files the same place on your SD

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
got it working booting hekate from sx os pro dongle,using custom boot.dat,then atmosphere via hekate
is there any way of booting sx os from hekate?then i have dual boot

{p.s i managed to get the option in hekate to boot sx os fw by editing the .ini file and i tried original boot.dat in payloads where i pointed it to ,but it wont boot}
You can chainload the SX OS payload from the Hekate menu assuming the custom boot.dat is not converted from Hekate.

Thesolcity

Wherever the light shines, it casts a shadow.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bless you for this, currently in the process of switching from SXOS to Atmosphere because my partner wants to play new games. I was worried they would have to go through the SXOS menu every time in order to boot.

You could do 2x hidden partition emunands, 1x for SX OS on 11.0.0 and 1x for Atmosphere on latest firmware

Thesolcity

Wherever the light shines, it casts a shadow.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You could do 2x hidden partition emunands, 1x for SX OS on 11.0.0 and 1x for Atmosphere on latest firmware

The Switch has been banned for years and I have regular backups, so I don't personally see a point in setting up emunand for the system. Thank you for the advice, though.

Reactions: Hayato213

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: :whip: