Hacking Question SX OS Not booting after placing license.dat file on microSD

burtonjon4

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey there! So my SX OS was working great yesterday and I was able to create a sysnand backup and create an emunand on my sd. So I decided I wanted to buy the full version so I could utilize the Emunand on my SD and play backups. When I boot into SX OS without license.dat it works absolutely fine, but I cannot enable emunand as it is unactivated. But when I push the payload and attempt to boot into SX OS with license.dat on my SD card it shows the splash screen for SX OS then flashes black then shows the Nintendo logo and goes black. I have to hard reset it to make it turn back on (Hold power for 15 seconds). So I was wondering if this was a common thing or if anyone knows of a fix? Thanks!!!

f10

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Hello,

2 questions;

Your sd card is in fat32 or Exfat ?
Are you sure you're still in 6.1 ?

f10

burtonjon4

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Can you make a try in Fat32 ?
Just for test...
Well I tried formatting to fat32 and I also removed the Emunand from the SD at the same time and this time it automatically booted into CFW right after I injected the payload. I bought SX OS to only run off emunand on my sd and it forcefully booted into CFW on my sysnand so my console is pretty much screwed if I ever decide to go online now. I am transferring the Emunand back over to the SD and will retry and see if that was the issue.

burtonjon4

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I think, your OFW miss the exfat driver...
So I think it being on exFat was the issue. Everything works great other than it still just autoboots to my Emunand and skips the sx os boot page. It doesn't give me an option to enable AutoRCM or restore nand backups or anything. Very strange.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    realtimesave @ realtimesave: heh I got a guy who created an account just yesterday asking me where to find mig switch roms