• Will verify soon

Votes: 13 5.1%

• Total voters

shanefromoz

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I installed auto RCM and then when loaded turned the switch off. Is this not the correct way? I then tried to turn the switch on but it would not. Tried hard setting but nothing would work.
Any ideas please? Thanks

Reactions: matias3ds

OhhSheetz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
@OhhSheetz
It's a BBB .xci. I injected the payload via MacOS Launch Command (Fusée Gelée Launcher for MacOS).

And this is the only game that it is happening with?

Yeap its trimmed I’m going to try tomorrow with the untrimmed versión to see if happends the same
Just tested mine, it works just fine (trimmed, no update). Once again this seems to be an issue of how the files are getting transferred, or SD Cards. There are only a few games that have a 100% error replication game (1-2 switch & LA Noir, plus Card 2 games not working). As per usual, your trouble shooting steps would be to try trimmed, untrimmed, deleting and re copying the game into the SD. Naming of the files seems like it can have an effect (i.e. special characters could cause issues)

I installed auto RCM and then when loaded turned the switch off. Is this not the correct way? I then tried to turn the switch on but it would not. Tried hard setting but nothing would work.
Any ideas please? Thanks
As a suggestion, don't forget to read the first post for possible solutions and an understanding of why your issue is happening.
The probabilities of your error are likely are due to no Payload being delivered to the switch, so the system stays in an Auto RCM loop (black screen, and it is hard to see if your console is on or off. This could be for a few reasons, but details are needed to know why. If it is the dongle, maybe the dongle doesn't enough of a charge to deliver the payload, in which you have to charge it for a few minutes using the included cable. If it is a PC, try restarting your computer and / or using a different USB port, as a driver issue could be blocking the payload delivery. This could take a few tries.

tuntun

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Antigua and Barbuda
just got a weird error, my switch is claiming my sd card was used in another system and my eshop games have to be re-downloaded, which means i need to update to get them back ?! after about a day of using sx os.

mike4001

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Why do I get this screen when I launch a backup of Stern Pinball Arcade? If I press 'X' twice it does go away and start the game.

http://i1091.photobucket.com/albums/i384/tahih/old homebrew menu_zpsjscz5mma.jpg

I (probably) can explain this one

This happens to me when I have wifi connection and I use the DNS-servers from https://switch.hacks.guide/blocking-updates

They probably redirect a request to a homebrew installer and somehow games when trying to connect online see they have a connection but cannot load data so they open the "browser" because they think you have to login a hotel-wifi or something ...

=> That said => remove the DNS-servers and just delete your wifi connection and everything works again.

MHDestination

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
@MHDestination , since you made the tool, I'm going to try to either replicate the issues or see if it works on my side. Once we get results that we can replicate, I will add a new section to the post about tools, and how to use them (giving you credit for your tool of course!)

We figured out why some users were having problems with split dumps:

The problems occured with dumps which have been split with older versions of XCI-Cutter (< 2.4.2).
These dumps have to be joined using an older version and then re-split using the current version.

The current version expects a slightly smaller part-size. Upon joining it will break previously split
dumps, since it won't read the full parts.
I'll add a check in the next version to detect parts with a different size.

For everyone who didn't use an older version, 2.4.2 should work without problems.

Reactions: OhhSheetz

TheKrane

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Not a single game is working for me. Whenever I try to load it I get an error message saying "The game card could not be read."
Am I missing something?

OmegaPikachu

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When i put my games on my SD card, they dont all show up in the SX OS game library, Im not sure if my SD Card is messed up or its something else. i've formatted and retried like 5 times.

Any idea how to fix it?

OhhSheetz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
When i put my games on my SD card, they dont all show up in the SX OS game library, Im not sure if my SD Card is messed up or its something else. i've formatted and retried like 5 times.

Any idea how to fix it?
Are these games that don't show up card 2 games? (the list is on the first post). If not, then rename it to be as simple as possible anbd avoiding special characters.

L.A noire doesn't work even after updating just black screen and switch freezes
First Page; you''ll see that La Noir doesn't work regardless of whop dumps the file, this is an issue of compatibility with SX OS, same as 1-2 Switch crashing the system on the eating game.

Not a single game is working for me. Whenever I try to load it I get an error message saying "The game card could not be read."
Am I missing something?
Your info is either getting corrupted, or the SD card has an issue. Either backup your license file, reformat, and try adding everything back to it, ONE BY ONE, or try a new SD card. This issue only happen when files get fragmented or the SD card controller doesn't communicate properly with the Switch.

matias3ds

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Yeap happend the same to me with some game
Any ideas please? Thanks[/Q
Ho real
And this is the only game that it is happening with?

Just tested mine, it works just fine (trimmed, no update). Once again this seems to be an issue of how the files are getting transferred, or SD Cards. There are only a few games that have a 100% error replication game (1-2 switch & LA Noir, plus Card 2 games not working). As per usual, your trouble shooting steps would be to try trimmed, untrimmed, deleting and re copying the game into the SD. Naming of the files seems like it can have an effect (i.e. special characters could cause issues)

As a suggestion, don't forget to read the first post for possible solutions and an understanding of why your issue is happening.
The probabilities of your error are likely are due to no Payload being delivered to the switch, so the system stays in an Auto RCM loop (black screen, and it is hard to see if your console is on or off. This could be for a few reasons, but details are needed to know why. If it is the dongle, maybe the dongle doesn't enough of a charge to deliver the payload, in which you have to charge it for a few minutes using the included cable. If it is a PC, try restarting your computer and / or using a different USB port, as a driver issue could be blocking the payload delivery. This could take a few tries.
Ho really i was gonna tell you that 1 2 switch works fine in my case but then i read about the eating challange , i only got to presentation screen video , and then turn to another game asuming that worked just fine .
Anyway its cool to know , its a game that im going to avoid then ,, thanks !!

OhhSheetz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You are doing God's work. Maybe TX should hire you to write up their FAQs.
Hahaha doubt it, though I managed to get in contact with them, and they are aware I'm doing this so i can keep going to them when we find issues that point to being a CFW caused issue, and get them to start fixing them.

dashkiller

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
I see... then I don't know what is the cause. Try doing that and report back the results

Just to get back to this, I uninstalled autorcm and left the conosle turned off (no usb) overnight again.
This time it was perfectly fine retaining 100% of the battery overnight.

So it seems like when using autorcm, it doesn't actually ever fully power off the device!

Last edited by dashkiller,

OhhSheetz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Just go get back to this, I uninstalled autorcm and left the conosle turned off (no usb) overnight again.
This time it was perfectly fine retaining 100% of the battery overnight.

So it seems like when using autorcm, it doesn't actually ever fully power off the device!
Dash, What is likely happening is that your console is staying in Auto RCM and never fully shut off (I've had mine shut off with Auto RCM, shutting down, and battery stayed the same overnight.). But if using the jig every time means peace of mind for you, then that's probably better. Thanks for your update!

dashkiller

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Dash, What is likely happening is that your console is staying in Auto RCM and never fully shut off (I've had mine shut off with Auto RCM, shutting down, and battery stayed the same overnight.). But if using the jig every time means peace of mind for you, then that's probably better. Thanks for your update!

Anything special you did other than holding the power button until it's completely off and then laying it down somewhere? (maybe I have to shutdown from the menu instead?)
And yeah I don't have SX Pro, only OS, so using my modded joycon everytime is not such a problem :D

Last edited by dashkiller,

thealgorithm

Trophies
XP
Country
Before I stop using my switch for the day (I boot back to the SXOS or Hekate menu, unplug the usb, then power off from the menu. So far no issues.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Her boob is the cause of all this current shit :angry: