Homebrew Discussion SX OS Crack Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TX must be having a bad day, between the OS being cracked and patched units showing up, their market basically ended.
  1. A crack for SX OS has not been publicly released.
  2. They've already made quite a lot of money.
  3. Regardless of what happens, people are still going to purchase their product out of ignorance and/or for the jig and dongle.

Dabiolos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
TX must be having a bad day, between the OS being cracked and patched units showing up, their market basically ended.

I am sure they made enough profit. If they released sx 2.0 and added new features that atmosphere doesn't have (freeshop like maybe?) they could also change the license checks and force you to activate again and download a new license file so cracking would start over....

Best thing would be if tx just becomes open source and they just market the hardware...

Still awaiting the promised writeup...

Reactions: Wistfuldaffodil

V-Temp

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
  3. Regardless of what happens, people are still going to purchase their product out of ignorance and/or for the jig and dongle.

Sure, I was mostly posting in jest. But (1) is a matter of days if not hours, (2) depends on their RnD costs (admittedly probably pretty low since they just stole all the code), and (3) word travels fast for someone actually looking to buy this/shops trying to sell it with units.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sure, I was mostly posting in jest. But (1) is a matter of days if not hours, (2) depends on their RnD costs (admittedly probably pretty low since they just stole all the code), and (3) word travels fast for someone actually looking to buy this/shops trying to sell it with units.
I agree with you for the most part. Gateway died, and the only thing SX has over Gateway is the dongle/jig.

NeoSlyde

Let us start the game
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Do you realize that people are still going to purchase because you can have updates?
Because yeah if they crack this version, they will make the protection better in the next one ;)

Reactions: The14thfly

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you realize that people are still going to purchase because you can have updates?
Because yeah if they crack this version, they will make the protection better in the next one ;)
I think you quoted the wrong person, because I wasn't arguing that people were going to stop buying SX OS.

Reactions: NeoSlyde

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
...and you can boldly claim this because....

I get some of you have a childish disdain toward them, but sometimes it's just pathetic*.

*General statement, if you take it personally that's kind of your problem.

Last edited by Kioku,

V-Temp

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
...and you can boldly claim this because....

I get some of you have a childish disdain toward them, but sometimes it's just pathetic.

It was, as I explained, largely jest. But once this is cracked it basically has zero value because they're not writing anything themselves, they're just stealing code. Someone else will patch it for free readily once the crack is out publicly.

Reactions: Wistfuldaffodil

snoofly

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Agree.
Whatever happens from here on, points 2 and 3 will still be valid.
For a while yet I’d see TX being the go to solution for Little Johnny’s switch to get ‘chipped’ in the same way many bought R4s “cos they just worked no fuss”

Mthodmn101

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It was, as I explained, largely jest. But once this is cracked it basically has zero value because they're not writing anything themselves, they're just stealing code. Someone else will patch it for free readily once the crack is out publicly.

if all the sx os features are already available, can you link me to a payload that has them? I haven't seen one with a backup loader yet

snoofly

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So what’s left to do from the end user point of view?
Release of the decrypted payloads and some patched txloader to circumvent the license check?
Load all this through your payload delivery mechanism of choice and you’ve got full sx os functionality?

What I don’t get is that by releasing cracked TX code, won’t the ethical hackers simply be enabling even more widespread piracy?

Reactions: NeoSlyde

Reisyukaku

Onii-sama~
Developer
Trophies
Website
reisyukaku.org
XP
Country
United States
I released all my IDA dissasemblies and a brief overview of my RE to my private group. Tbh, writing an open source version would be more ideal I think. Maybe even marginally easier/less annoying given that you have to relocate all the addresses in .rodata for all 3 kips. I think TX already laughed their way to the bank though. So its not the highest priority i have atm.

Chrushev

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of

If they dont offer anything of value why are you excited about this being cracked? There is nothing of value to crack. Antonio Meucci invented the telephone, A.G. Bell robbed him of it. Shit gets stolen all the time. Blizzard takes others ideas and packages them better, and we buy that shit like its candy.

I always liked TX, they have been delivering quality products to the scene for over a decade. Even knowing all this I still put in an order for two TX OS PRo's. I want them for their high quality dongle and jig. And they will definitely be releasing more updates to the OS (like better NSP support).

If all their stuff was easy to repurpose/and was all stolen, then we would just make our own SX OS and not be trying to crack theirs.

Last edited by Chrushev,

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Not writing anything themselves?
Sigpatches and a backup loader are anything then I guess.

People seem to forget that those are the only things the SX OS is hiding behind the license, all the other "stolen" shit is available even without the license.
Also, you can pretty easily circumvent this whole drama by just saying the price is for the license and hardware, everything else doesn't fall into the accounted price.

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
At the end of the day, efforts towards an open sorice solution are good for the whole scene. I have an SX Pro, it’s great. But it’s not healthy for the scene to perpetually rely on one vendor. We should want the scene to reach a point where closed solutions are no longer required.

I own a Gateway and got great use from it, but it’s good that we no longer need it. I suspect that TX dongle will remain useful even if the SX software becomes unnecessary.

Rel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just hope this wont lead to tx bringing their brickware back on their os update.
There's no point, they've already made enough to not care if the shit gets cracked at this point. It's equivalent to when a PC game or something else gets cracked a while after. Most of those that really wanted the product already got it by this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo