Homebrew Discussion SX OS Crack Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

thaikhoa

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Atmosphere should take all responsibilities on the scene because they've been opening the door for piracy. Now they open another door by unpacking TX binary for minions to take advantage of. Next leaking some critical codes that lead to free piracy tool.

:-infern:

GBAtemp Legend
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I released all my IDA dissasemblies and a brief overview of my RE to my private group. Tbh, writing an open source version would be more ideal I think. Maybe even marginally easier/less annoying given that you have to relocate all the addresses in .rodata for all 3 kips. I think TX already laughed their way to the bank though. So its not the highest priority i have atm.

Would be more ideal and very much appreciated :)

Priyam

Trophies
XP
Country
India
I released all my IDA dissasemblies and a brief overview of my RE to my private group. Tbh, writing an open source version would be more ideal I think. Maybe even marginally easier/less annoying given that you have to relocate all the addresses in .rodata for all 3 kips. I think TX already laughed their way to the bank though. So its not the highest priority i have atm.
Finally we can rest assured, it's in safe hands now, the creator of reinand cfw no less. Very much appreciated.

RazorX2014

Trophies
XP
Country
it's not quite what you think, i have just tested this and all this lets you do is create a boot.dat that contains hekate_ctcaer_3.2.bin so when you launch the payload via the sx pro dongle or pc through tegrarcmsmash it boots into the hekate payload screen instead of the sx os screen.

try it out for yourself, this boot.dat boots hekate instead of sx os all you do is put it on the root of your sd card and launch the sx payload.

Attachments

• boot.zip
    81.4 KB · Views: 97
Last edited by RazorX2014,

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Friends is a really loose term for that.
Hmm...
I've been in the scene as long as Mike and we still talk so you can rest assured I know my stuff :P
If you want to be technical, fine but ReiNAND was developed by Reisyukaku and evolved into Luma with the help of AuroraWright and TuxSH, the latter of whom is also developing Atmosphere. Whether they are actually friends or not is left to our imaginations (or you could ask them), but I'm sure they shared their work in a civil manner and not without proper permission.

failzers

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm...
If you want to be technical, fine but ReiNAND was developed by Reisyukaku and evolved into Luma with the help of AuroraWright and TuxSH, the latter of whom is also developing Atmosphere. Whether they are actually friends or not is left to our imaginations (or you could ask them), but I'm sure they shared their work in a civil manner and not without proper permission.
Tolerate is a better word

Reisyukaku

Onii-sama~
Developer
Trophies
Website
reisyukaku.org
XP
Country
United States
I think I'll stick to the actual wording used by one of the involved parties. That way, I'm not substituting any words or meanings whatsoever.
Well here's the thing. Despite what the drama llamas would have you believe, the real hackers in the scene talk and work together. We try to not let the haters interfere with our work. ;)
Anyways more on topic, without teamwork, nothing would get accomplished, like cracking sx. x3

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well here's the thing. Despite what the drama llamas would have you believe, the real hackers in the scene talk and work together. We try to not let the haters interfere with our work. ;)
Anyways more on topic, without teamwork, nothing would get accomplished, like cracking sx. x3
Speaking of getting back on topic, I noticed you said it would be easier to release an open-source alternative rather than a crack of SX OS. Does this mean ReiNX may see a backup loader sooner than later? Or should I say ReiSX?:creep:

Reisyukaku

Onii-sama~
Developer
Trophies
Website
reisyukaku.org
XP
Country
United States
Speaking of getting back on topic, I noticed you said it would be easier to release an open-source alternative rather than a crack of SX OS. Does this mean ReiNX may see a backup loader sooner than later? Or should I say ReiSX?:creep:
I mean, it would be fun to pirate the piracy payload and call it my own code..
LvtNwT4.png

but open source sounds better for everyone.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
LvtNwT4.png

We could certainly look the other cheek while you use SX OS as a "reference point" for your backup loader:ph34r:
But I agree, building from the ground up with the source code in the wild is a much better approach.

adrifcastr

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
LvtNwT4.png

ReiNX makes me feel quite nostalgic as a ReiNAND user, launching a CFW via warmboot like I used to do in 2015 w/ TubeHax and HomeMenuHax, kind of a deja vu.

Last edited by adrifcastr,
Reactions: Lacius

Priyam

Trophies
XP
Country
India
LvtNwT4.png

I also entered the 3ds scene through Reinand cfw, will history repeat with ReiNx. Time will tell. Quite excited, best of luck

3DSDSXL

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
My switch broke had a replacement but my sx pro licence won't work on new device and i don't want to be robbed again to buy another sx os so hurry up and crack this puppy :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://gbatemp.net/profile-posts/163064/