• Views 40,609
  • Replies 218
  • Likes 16

210modz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Stupid quote shit. I have no clue why it's doing this dumb shit.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

If TX stole most of atmospheres code why would you need to decrypt it? Wouldn't they already have the code?

Idaho

Trophies
XP
Country
France
People dont care mostly about where it comes from, as long as it works, if you want to have a burger, you dont want to know the cow, even if it is a stolen cow, a burger is a burger in the long run

Yeah well, that's why I won't care when I play pirated games thanks to the code pirated from them... But I'm not paying for their so called CFW, it's just an easy crash grab and won't do anything in the long run...

-snip-

Last edited by osaka35, , Reason: off-topic. keep it civil.
Reactions: Assasin1990

lukhart

GBAtemp Stand User
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
The logic is rather simple:

Dev A, B and C don't like TX and work with crypto professionally or as a hobby.

Said devs think it would be fun to beat the crypto, and then share what SX OS is made off.

Sig patches is also something Atmosphere does not have, so they have a insensitive to research how TX did this.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

No.... Scires used months on developing layeredFS and SX just adapted it for their product, there is no proof that it is more stable. They are profiting from other people's hard work and that is disgusting.
Hexyz already stated that sig patches implementation is a trivial thing (check some of his tweets about TX). They don't do it on Atmo because they're antipiracy. This is not a research work, just a attempt to fuck SX rentability. Period

Reactions: Idaho

kamesenin888

Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah well, that's why I won't care when I play pirated games thanks to the code pirated from them... But I'm not paying for their so called CFW, it's just an easy crash grab and won't do anything in the long run...

It's doing it because you are dumb as fuck and won't understand anything and still open your mouth and complain while not even grasping a third of what's to understand before getting involved in the topic...
So when they level to their practice it will be cool that they continue to do it? lol Idc where it comes from, I really hope that they implement stuff that the community doesnt have, if sigs patches come, nsp(cia) will be the way for them, but tx os will still have the xci method that is far better for games in that format, if the free stuff becomes better in every way I will change to the free side but until that moment, if it happens, tx os will be relevant in the future, because of this practice alone

Reactions: KhenemetHeru

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pro-TX: "SX OS has backup launching, title installation, and is completed!"
Pro-Atmosphere: "TX violated licensing laws, is charging for piracy, and used brick code!"
Me, an intellectual: But why is this is this in the backup loader subforum when by itself the decrypter doesn't support backup loading? Yes, someone can use this to crack the OS or make their own version, but its a little bit misleading.

Idaho

Trophies
XP
Country
France
So when they level to their practice it will be cool that they continue to do it? lol Idc where it comes from, I really hope that they implement stuff that the community doesnt have, if sigs patches come, nsp(cia) will be the way for them, but tx os will still have the xci method that is far better for games in that format, if the free stuff becomes better in every way I will change to the free side but until that moment, if it happens, tx os will be relevant in the future, because of this practice alone

The CFW is decrypted so it's just a matter of someone taking a look at how their XCI loader works and re-impelements it for Hekate/Atmosphère, there's no need to find the method anymore, just to steal it...

whoIsAndrej

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
This is very useless.. instead of them trying to crack it. They could made one already.. lol
Nothing to see here..

They're not trying to remove the SX OS DRM. They're not trying to make their own BUL. They did it because they could. Same as with hacking the Switch. Most do it for fun.

Also, as everyone now can look at the (binary) code themselves, they proved that SX OS is mainly stolen code. Before today I've seen a lot of people not trusting hexkyz. Now you can verify for yourself.

adrifcastr

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
The CFW is decrypted so it's just a matter of someone taking a look at how their XCI loader works and re-impelements it for Hekate/Atmosphère, there's no need to find the method anymore, just to steal it...
Their xci loader works by parsing xci's and feeding them to the fs sysmodule directly.

Idaho

Trophies
XP
Country
France
You need to decrypt it to get the code they didn't steal.

You still need to decrypt it to know how much code they stole...

Keep the pointless name calling a bickering to a minimum, okay? Not a hard task.

Eh well sorry, I also reported the guy but I couldn't help to play a bit with him before the mods remove the posts :P

Last edited by Idaho,

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You still need to decrypt it to know how much code they stole...

Maybe when it's been full reverse engineered it will be possible to figure that out. Right now the figures thrown around are politically motivated, based on a few strings they found.

Idaho

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Maybe when it's been full reverse engineered it will be possible to figure that out. Right now the figures thrown around are politically motivated, based on a few strings they found.

True, anyway, even if they didn't steal much or didn't steal at all (which seems highly unlikely to me) it's still a good thing as it brings us one step closer to an xci loader...
I'm a practical man, as I see it the little war happening between TX and the scene is of no concern to me as long as the casualties can bring something for us to have fun with, it's still too bad there's a conflict going on but I did not start it...

adrifcastr

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Afaik, the complete hbloader, atmosphere's loader reimplementation, atmospheres fs-mitm, and some of ctcear's code of his hekate fork

Reactions: Idaho

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Thank you. Hope you're in good spirits today like I am. :)