Hacking sx core solid white light?

lpoolm

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi so I installed sx core on a lite.
It all worked as the instructions said, flashing blue light, turns to green and red error message on the screen.
Left it for a while, came back to set up emunand.
Started ok, entered into the menu had it plugged in it started setting up emunand but came up with an error message and turned off.
Now doesnt turn on? took the back off to look, took sd card out and press power button it flashes blue but then goes to a solid bright I think white light, nothing on screen.
I have read through as many threads as I can and can not seem to find this issue?
I did think it could be the ribbon cable was damaged as I managed to get it to work once after disconnecting it and trying to straighten but its not worked again since that one time?
Could it be the cable or could the chip need re-flashing?
Any tips would be great I don't want to de-solder the whole thing but will if I have no other options?
Thanks
This is the cable I mean?
Capture.PNG

DragarX

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I believe you need to reflash the mod chip firmware. connect it to a pc via the micro USB port and update firmware using sx updater and the latest firmware from the website.

lpoolm

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Just an update to say this works again?
I can not see what I did, I left it over night, came down and started it up and it went to green. Turned it off and on and it went to white, did it again and everytime gone to green again?
I really dont know what happened, if its going to go again but like to keep threads updated for when someone else has a similar issue.

miggykloude

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Me too have the same problem

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

3 blue blinks.. Then solid white led please help

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201113_231115_com.facebook.orca.jpg
    Screenshot_20201113_231115_com.facebook.orca.jpg
    670.5 KB · Views: 233
  • Screenshot_20201113_231123_com.facebook.orca.jpg
    Screenshot_20201113_231123_com.facebook.orca.jpg
    678.6 KB · Views: 223

polpop22

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
I have the same problem, what should I do?

Hi so I installed sx core on a lite.
It all worked as the instructions said, flashing blue light, turns to green and red error message on the screen.
Left it for a while, came back to set up emunand.
Started ok, entered into the menu had it plugged in it started setting up emunand but came up with an error message and turned off.
Now doesnt turn on? took the back off to look, took sd card out and press power button it flashes blue but then goes to a solid bright I think white light, nothing on screen.
I have read through as many threads as I can and can not seem to find this issue?
I did think it could be the ribbon cable was damaged as I managed to get it to work once after disconnecting it and trying to straighten but its not worked again since that one time?
Could it be the cable or could the chip need re-flashing?
Any tips would be great I don't want to de-solder the whole thing but will if I have no other options?
Thanks
This is the cable I mean?
View attachment 229665

Was the problem still repeated? How did you decide?

lpoolm

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I have the same problem, what should I do?

Hi, this was not the problem and now it works fine. I found when I kept trying to turn it off and on at first I had this issue with the white light. If I turned it off and left it a couple of minutes it was OK. I think it just needed time to reset and catch up.

Was the problem still repeated? How did you decide?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: they be like which lite firefox exe pls