Hacking SX Core Noob backup help and layeredFS

TheMadHatter

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
The person that modded my switch created 2 SD's for me, one without a license to run my OFW and eShop games + saves (sysnand) and one with a license for my cartridge backups (emunand).

Now I need some help.

1) I need help/a guide on how to extract the eShop games from Sysnand so I can move them to Emunand (games+updates+dlc) so I can mod my games.

2) I need help/aguide on how to extract my saves from the sysnand so I can move them to my Emunand so I can play my cartridge games with the saves.

3) I need help/ a guide on how to exactly extract my cartridges to Emunand (full game) so I don't constantly have to swap out cartridges anymore.

4) I want to start running mods (mostly my own) on my new SX Core with the latest firmware but I need some directions on how to make it work (how to place them and how to make them work). I know there are some issues and that athmoslphere doesn't work on SX core (from what I read) yet but I would really like to run my mods!
Does anyone have any suggestions or experience with it and knows how to make it work in detail?

I hope someone here can help me, i'm sure there are guides for all of this but I can't seem to find the right ones for SX Core.
Linking is fine, as long as they really work on SX Core units.

masagrator

The patches guy
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
1) nxdumptool or SX Dumper

2) saves are on nand, by making emunand you are copying everything you have on sysnand, also saves. So you don't need anything.

3) nxdumptool or SX Dumper

4) You didn't write mod examples. There are many variations of mods and each one needs separate explaining.

Last edited by masagrator,
Reactions: TheMadHatter

TheMadHatter

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
1) nxdumptool or SX Dumper

2) saves are on nand, by making emunand you are copying everything you have on sysnand, also saves. So you don't need anything.

3) nxdumptool or SX Dumper

4) You didn't write mod examples. There are many variations of mods and each one needs separate explaining.

Thank you for replying!

1 and 3 ) Which one works better with an SX core SX dumper or the nxdumptool? and do you have a link?

2) I use multiple SD cards for my backups (about 4 right now) does it just save each new thing to the emunand or does it store the new saves in sysnand? Because I'm able to play a few of my cartridges in emunand and it just loads the save.

4) Mod examples are Atelier Ryza, Skyrim, Mario, and both Zelda mods (BOTW and the new one). I made a lot of mods myself based on other peoples work. I just don't know if, and how the file structure works on SX Core units.

TheMadHatter

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I found SX dumper but it's unclear if I can dump them to my HDD because my SD is pretty full already. I want to dump all my eshop games, updates and DLC to my HDD, then format, prepair the SD for CFW and add everything to emunand again. Is that possible?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It is mothers day I need to give @BigOnYa's wife a call
    +2
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    And your own @SylverReZ ?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I know who I need to call. :ninja:
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ghostbusters
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    "Hello, this the feds?"
    +1
    Go ahead. I think there's a phone at my mums grave :D
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lucky
    +1
    I think we buried mum still sitting on the Lode 🚽 :unsure:
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You aren't British
    +1
    Aye mate
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Just because you drive on the wrong side of the road
    +1
    :rofl2: We built the cars first. Ask Mr Ford :D
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No the brits did they figured out horse power first
    Everyone else is just Knock-offs :tpi:
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I do wonder how much damage a horse would do to modern cars
    There ya go. always thinking Negative. :sad:
  • Wholesome @ Wholesome:
    hamburger
    Hot Dogs 🌭 🌭
    :unsure::unsure::unsure: Come to think of it, I might make 🌭 for lunch today. A change of pace :) With chili, cheese, onions, relish n mustard :D
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    who'd be angrier if we pinged them, juan or leo?
    +1
    Juan
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Someone has to delete Leo's thread to make him angry
    +2
    [awaits for him to notice something] :blush::ha::evil:
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    im back
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: im back