Hacking Sx Core and Sx Lite , test Units Received

  • Thread starter Thread starter matias3ds
  • Start date Start date
  • Views Views 933,017
  • Replies Replies 3,454
  • Likes Likes 35
It looks like this item is unavailable.
*edit*
Sorry I don't know if I can post a picture of the item or not.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Hey could you PM a link please ? I searched on AE found only replacement kit ? I know that I have to search with specific keywords but I don't know them.

Thanks,
But I did just find this... Search for it on ali

Endurance version console IC Core Chip for Gaming SX Core/lite IC chip, Solder-foot for SX IC chip
 
Last edited by White_Raven_X,
  • Like
Reactions: ylhred94
does anyone know where i can pick up an sx lite in the US? i consider myself pretty good at googlefu but i couldnt find anything except dead links

edit: i just found a site called wedofix that has it listed, does anyone have any experience with that site? is it trustworthy?
 
Last edited by Hypnos_,
does anyone know where i can pick up an sx lite in the US? i consider myself pretty good at googlefu but i couldnt find anything except dead links

edit: i just found a site called wedofix that has it listed, does anyone have any experience with that site? is it trustworthy?

For what it's worth, I 've just had a very positive experience with TXswitch dot com (now sTXwitch dot com to be precise).
Bought 2 SX core last week, 140 $ shipped with DHL.
They have shipped in 12 hours and in 5 days (including weekend) the chips have been delivered, moreover without any duties to pay even if i'm in EU.
Five stars :grog:

Now I'm training with smd soldering...
I have the microscope with 10x lenses, the katpon tape, a good soldering station with 0,2 mm tip, flux, MX4 thermal paste, precision tweezers, isopropyl alcohol, a noob training board with the right size components (0603 in metric code, 0201 in imperial code).

These are the results of my soldering training...
What do you guys advice?
I'm ready to try with the switch?

photo-2020-10-31-05-33-21.jpg
 
Guys i've just installed SX Core on my Mariko unit.
Apparently no problem: created emunad and my backups play well.
But here comes the problem.. When shutting down the console (not standby/sleep) the screen keep blinking and the console doesn't turn off.
I need to force the shutdown with 10 second press on power button.
Video attached.
This happens only when in the CFW from the emunand.
Whan on OFW from sysnand the console shut down regularly.
Someone has an idea about the cause?

https://streamable.com/5r6re4
 
Last edited by Dany-69,
Guys i've just installed SX Core on my Mariko unit.
Apparently no problem: created emunad and my backups play well.
But here comes the problem.. When shutting down the console (not standby/sleep) the screen keep blinking and the console doesn't turn off.
I need to force the shutdown with 10 second press on power button.
Video attached.
This happens only when in the CFW from the emunand.
Whan on OFW from sysnand the console shut down regularly.
Someone has an idea about the cause?

https://streamable.com/5r6re4
Wtf... Looks like it keeps trying to push a payload or something. That's weird. (still waiting for my sx lite)
 
Wtf... Looks like it keeps trying to push a payload or something. That's weird. (still waiting for my sx lite)
Should I worry? :(
Tomorrow I'll try to remake the emunand in order to solve...
I hope is nothing severe, considering this has been my first microsoldering work and I sweated seven shirts yesterday for making decent welds...
 
Should I worry? :(
Tomorrow I'll try to remake the emunand in order to solve...
I hope is nothing severe, considering this has been my first microsoldering work and I sweated seven shirts yesterday for making decent welds...
I honestly wouldn't know as Im not really a fan of Xecuter. I did order a sx lite though and will probably have my own problems installing it too. Lol maybe someone can help you about this issue your having.?!
 
Update for my problem :(
Now this is the situation...
Screen flickering everywhere, sometimes it won't turn on for minutes, even if the sounds still playing...
No problem using the docking station, the image is ok and games play good... :(

https://streamable.com/0mc9cw
 
Update for my problem :(
Now this is the situation...
Screen flickering everywhere, sometimes it won't turn on for minutes, even if the sounds still playing...
No problem using the docking station, the image is ok and games play good... :(

https://streamable.com/0mc9cw
Should take pictures of your soldering job so that we can see if there is something wrong.
 
Should take pictures of your soldering job so that we can see if there is something wrong.
I've made the soldering job again...
This is the final result (please be comprehensive, i know it's only acceptable... but really can't do better :/ )
photo-2020-11-02-07-11-29.jpg


photo-2020-11-02-07-11-35.jpg


Apparently all work good... but then i noticed this...

https://streamable.com/jruzvj

As soon as I move the board of the sx core, the chip turn off together with the screen... :/
It seems that my unit is defective, the ribbon seems to have some false contacts...
Sometimes the chip gives me even "white led", which means bad communication with the nand...
Sometimes my switch even booted from the SYSNAD with the chip still technically connected...
What am i supposed to do? :(
The chip has worked with no problem for 24 hours and then this...
 
Last edited by Dany-69,
I've made the soldering job again...
This is the final result (please be comprehensive, i know it's only acceptable... but really can't do better :/ )
photo-2020-11-02-07-11-29.jpg


photo-2020-11-02-07-11-35.jpg


Apparently all work good... but then i noticed this...

https://streamable.com/jruzvj

As soon as I move the board of the sx core, the chip turn off together with the screen... :/
It seems that my unit is defective, the ribbon seems to have some false contacts...
Sometimes the chip gives me even "white led", which means bad communication with the nand...
Sometimes my switch even booted from the SYSNAD with the chip still technically connected...
What am i supposed to do? :(
The chip has worked with no problem for 24 hours and then this...

Who installed it for you? If you paid for the install i suggest to bring it back to them and tell them to fix it. If you installed yourself then i suggest to inspect your solders very well and to use double sided tape to fix your device to the ram so it doesnt move. let us know what you find and if you solve this problem.
 
Looks like a good solder job to me. My soldering was worse but still worked just fine. My guess is a defective chip or ribbon cable.
 
some solder has leaked and is touching the SMD next to the SP2. I recommend carefully removing and cleaning the excess, remembering to keep a low temperature so as not to damage the SP2 and SP1, as they are extremely sensitive.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_20201102_123020.jpg
    IMG_20201102_123020.jpg
    230 KB · Views: 290
  • Like
Reactions: White_Raven_X
Who installed it for you? If you paid for the install i suggest to bring it back to them and tell them to fix it. If you installed yourself then i suggest to inspect your solders very well and to use double sided tape to fix your device to the ram so it doesnt move. let us know what you find and if you solve this problem.

Installed by me, I inspected the solders and they make contact only with the two capacitors they need to.

some solder has leaked and is touching the SMD next to the SP2. I recommend carefully removing and cleaning the excess, remembering to keep a low temperature so as not to damage the SP2 and SP1, as they are extremely sensitive.

It was thermal paste that i didn't succed to remove it with a toothbrush and isopropyl alcohol.
I've checked and the solders are making contact only with the right capacitors.

An update:

https://streamable.com/almk52

It seems that isolating the chip with an old telephone card the "false contact" is not happening.. So i suppose is not something related to the ribbon cable, but cause by the contact between the chip and the underlying board.
What do you guys think?
Can i proceed isolating the chip and remounting the console?
 
  • Like
Reactions: White_Raven_X

Site & Scene News

New Hot Discussed User Submitted