Hacking Sword Art Online: Infinity Moment [PSP]

Zyphr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Seems like you guys or somebody is hard at work on this. I'm no good with PSP modding or anything so I don't think I'd be able to make use of this translation patch even if I wanted to, but I appreciate the effort and wish everyone best of luck. (And I don't know if I'll ever beat my imported copy, nevermind before the sequel comes out, but oh well, it is what it is lol--game gets kinda repetitive anyhow and the story is kind of like a silly fanfic in a way or three >_<;)

Everything I've ever learned about system modding has been from online tutorials. As for the PSP, you just download the cfw file and stick it on your memory stick, and run it as an update, and you're set forever. That wasn't very detailed, but just Google it, and it'll take 5-10 minutes, tops.

Blazer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What comes naturally for some people doesn't for others. I might be able to do it but it's a headache I don't want to invest in. That's that. :P

Sporky McForkinspoon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What comes naturally for some people doesn't for others. I might be able to do it but it's a headache I don't want to invest in. That's that. :P
I guess it's your choice, but modding a PSP takes about as much technical knowledge as operating a toilet. You push the X button repeatedly. That's about it.

Blazer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oversimplification, condescension, and bad jokes. Veeeery classy. :P

Then any ISOs in the root\ISO folder can be played without difficulty until the next time the power is turned off, at which point you'll need to run HEN again.

ISOs implies piracy. I want to translate my physical copy. I took a look at the Valkyria Chronicles 3 translation and it seemed like a pain. It's not that it's rocket science, but you have to realize there are people out there who can't be bothered with this shit. People who don't get it, who can't just read a tutorial online and figure it out. If you only think from your own perspective and based on your own experiences, then you're just going to come off as a rude, pushy asshole... no offense, that's just really how it looks. I'm not offended, but if I were petty I totally would be, haha.

Though I suppose that could be all of your intentions in which case congrats I guess but it sounds more like you think this is so piss easy that anyone should be able to do it and can't possibly comprehend people not being able to. Therein lies the problem. The world is vast, go out there and meet all the "idiots" and maybe you'll understand a little bit better. Even the easiest shit can be a trial for someone not familiar with it. People who aren't understanding of others and take that for granted are what some call "elitists"... whether you classify as that or not I don't know any of you well enough to say :P

Sounds like I'm just making excuses at this point, but eh, I don't care enough in the first place. If I really wanted to and it's as easy as you say for my archaic PSP and to translate my physical copy, I could probably do it, I didn't expect everyone to react to my little comment, haha. Maybe I'll have a change of heart and take the time out to learn anyhow, who knows. It's all kinda beside the point. XP

That's my final speech on that, sorry to the TC for derailing and causing a few mean-spirited posts~

More importantly, believe it or not, plenty of people have a hard time with working toilets. Obviously someone doesn't use public restrooms a lot... XD just teasin' though really there are sometimes "auto-flush" toilets that won't autoflush and with no manual flush button... that's awkward.

Sporky McForkinspoon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

ISOs implies piracy. I want to translate my physical copy. I took a look at the Valkyria Chronicles 3 translation and it seemed like a pain. It's not that it's rocket science, but you have to realize there are people out there who can't be bothered with this shit. People who don't get it, who can't just read a tutorial online and figure it out. If you only think from your own perspective and based on your own experiences, then you're just going to come off as a rude, pushy asshole... no offense, that's just really how it looks. I'm not offended, but if I were petty I totally would be, haha.
It is not possible to translate your physical copy because your physical copy is read only memory. The legal way to play the game is to rip your physical copy into an ISO, then patch that ISO, both of which are also pretty easy. But, as you say, it's your choice, but if you don't feel like doing that, you will not be able to play the translated version of the game.

Zyphr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Though I suppose that could be all of your intentions in which case congrats I guess but it sounds more like you think this is so piss easy that anyone should be able to do it and can't possibly comprehend people not being able to. Therein lies the problem. The world is vast, go out there and meet all the "idiots" and maybe you'll understand a little bit better. Even the easiest shit can be a trial for someone not familiar with it. People who aren't understanding of others and take that for granted are what some call "elitists"... whether you classify as that or not I don't know any of you well enough to say :P

Sounds like I'm just making excuses at this point, but eh, I don't care enough in the first place. If I really wanted to and it's as easy as you say for my archaic PSP and to translate my physical copy, I could probably do it, I didn't expect everyone to react to my little comment, haha. Maybe I'll have a change of heart and take the time out to learn anyhow, who knows. It's all kinda beside the point. XP

That's my final speech on that, sorry to the TC for derailing and causing a few mean-spirited posts~

More importantly, believe it or not, plenty of people have a hard time with working toilets. Obviously someone doesn't use public restrooms a lot... XD just teasin' though really there are sometimes "auto-flush" toilets that won't autoflush and with no manual flush button... that's awkward.

First: An ISO is a virtual image of a disc. One can be made from any disc, by anyone. Second: The VC3 patch process is a matter of copy/paste then wait for a while, sorry that you lack that "skill". Third: If you come into a room about a translation project, and then rant about how the translation process is stupid, and rag on system modding which is the only way to enjoy those translations, you deserve to be BANNED.

iSupercell

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
isupercell.tumblr.com
XP
Country
Canada
Guys, why even bother arguing over this? If someone doesn't want to bother going through the steps to play the patched game then just let them be. It's not like it will change anything... I am totally cool if they don't want to follow tutorials on how to mod their PSP themselves or downloading emulators to play the game. Not like I'm losing anything on my end. But at least I say trying won't hurt? You might not know how hard/easy it is unless you try to follow a tutorial first. There's a first step to everything. You don't wake up the next morning knowing the in-and-out of something you've never done. That's why people go through the process of teaching themselves? If they don't want to, don't feel like it, or just refuse to believe they can do it... It can't be helped! Though, I don't really understand what's so hard about following a tutorial. Google is like my best friend, I find many useful tutorials on things I am interested in like how to do some effects on Photoshop or how to code something for a tumblr blog. It takes initiative to start learning and getting something done. If they don't want to be bothered then that's just too bad.

stinkoman

Magnificent Bastard
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

In the time you spent whining you could've both learned to install CFW, installed CFW, and probably downloaded VC3 with the translation patch. Also, if you didn't notice, there's a bold, stickied thread at the top of the board that says "How to softmod your PSP," it's pretty much retard proof so that should be perfect for you.

Reactions: Zyphr

Jin Kusanagi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys I recently got this game and am playing with an emulator and I was curious will this translation patch work for emulators? Also if you need more testers I'm willing to test it if you want me to.

Sporky McForkinspoon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys I recently got this game and am playing with an emulator and I was curious will this translation patch work for emulators? Also if you need more testers I'm willing to test it if you want me to.
It does work with emulators, we have been testing it mainly with PPSSPP, but will make sure it works with JPCSP as well. At this stage we're doing all of the testing internally, but we will let people know here if we need any testers.

Jin Kusanagi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah okay hope you guys get this working soon really would like to have a more comprehensive understanding of the story and its side quests. Good luck guys!

Sporky McForkinspoon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the translation of the story is here: http://yomikaeru.blogspot.pt/p/blog-page_3.html ... although I don't know if if will be 100%
That has been pointed out to us several times. It is not 100%, I would guess it to be around 30%, and the translation is pretty clearly just the Japanese stuck into Google Translate. It's better than nothing, but not nearly as good as a human translation.

Reactions: Zyphr

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: +1