carnbyds

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Hi guys,

My switch runs atmosphere perfectly and i am satisfied with it. It has a SXOS modchip which was previously running SXOS.
I am trying to install android to my patched switch. And it can only load to Hekate ifi put the boot.dat and boot.ini file at root of the sdcard.
I was previously using it for Atmosphere.
Now i tried to install the switchroot android to a new sdcard.
After flashing the android, it will ask to continue to reboot to the recovery to finalize the android 11 installation.
Instead i get to Hekate.

What am i doing wrong? Can anyone please help me?

1690191457369.png

This is what i get if i dont put the boot.dat and boot.ini file on the root of the sdcard.

1690191659656.png

This is how my sdcard root file structure looks like, that boots to Hekate instead of Android recovery .

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Hi guys,

My switch runs atmosphere perfectly and i am satisfied with it. It has a SXOS modchip which was previously running SXOS.
I am trying to install android to my patched switch. And it can only load to Hekate ifi put the boot.dat and boot.ini file at root of the sdcard.
After flashing the android, it will ask to continue to reboot to the recovery to finalize the android 11 installation.
Instead i get to Hekate.

View attachment 384798
This is what i get if i dont put the boot.dat and boot.ini file on the root of the sdcard.

View attachment 384800
This is how my sdcard root file structure looks like, that boots to Hekate instead of Android recovery .
You have to select Switchroot from the boot selector in Hekate. You can enable autoboot so you don't have to do that every time.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
haaaaa...okay let me try that and see...No No..LOL....im not that noob. I want to go to recovery not the lineage OS. I need to reformat the sdcard toi finalize the installation.
IIRC, you can hold a button combination to enter recovery when you boot the payload from Hekate. It's the same payload anyway, whether you are booting into Android or the recovery.

carnbyds

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
IIRC, you can hold a button combination to enter recovery when you boot the payload from Hekate. It's the same payload anyway, whether you are booting into Android or the recovery.
i already try that and it does load into ........HEKATE..lol....no twrp or recovery menu.
Im into the conclusion that sxos chip cannot tak android in...

carnbyds

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Are you sure you booted the switchroot payload from Hekate? No way it should be booting back into Hekate, you must be booting the wrong payload.
I put the payload from switchroot unzipped file. but after you flash android, it should automatically boot into recovery . ANd besides i followed step by step on youtube. pausing anf follow, pause again and follow. it all ends tragically for the step where after you flash the lineageOS 18.01, you click continue to load into recovery, but it loads into Hekate.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I put the payload from switchroot unzipped file. but after you flash android, it should automatically boot into recovery . ANd besides i followed step by step on youtube. pausing anf follow, pause again and follow. it all ends tragically for the step where after you flash the lineageOS 18.01, you click continue to load into recovery, but it loads into Hekate.
That's normal, it reboots back into RCM again.

Lumince

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys,

Instead i get to Hekate.

View attachment 384798

View attachment 384800
You have to update your chips bootloader, firmware, and sdloader to boot android or linux. You also need the latest hekate build.
Post automatically merged:

how do i load the switchroot payload? Have you android on your switch?
Its just the android.ini in the more configs option (Lineage 18.1)

carnbyds

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
You have to update your chips bootloader, firmware, and sdloader to boot android or linux. You also need the latest hekate build.

Its just the android.ini in the more configs option (Lineage 18.1)
Yes its there...but when i boot it, it shows the boot screen, then boots back into hekate/

Yes its there...but when i boot it, it shows the boot screen, then boots back into hekate/
yehhhh...this is the answer i was waiting for. Thanks. I rest my case. Thank You everyobe for helping me upto this point.

Last edited by carnbyds,

YoureALoser

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does not matter if you followed step by step on YouTube. Your #1 problem is you are relying on a YouTube video.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
how do i load the switchroot payload? Have you android on your switch?
I have an older version (haven't updated since I haven't used it in a while). It should work the same. I remember that booting into recovery required rebooting into Hekate first. Since it must go through Hekate (the payload can't be launched directly from RCM, or at least that's not the way it's set up by default)

Lumince

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have an older version (haven't updated since I haven't used it in a while). It should work the same. I remember that booting into recovery required rebooting into Hekate first. Since it must go through Hekate (the payload can't be launched directly from RCM, or at least that's not the way it's set up by default)
Booting Android/Linux on a mariko unit relies 100% on hekate and L4T Loader. Your chip has to be on the latest bootloader; firmware, and sdloader and you have to use hekate.

Reactions: The Real Jdbye

carnbyds

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Booting Android/Linux on a mariko unit relies 100% on hekate and L4T Loader. Your chip has to be on the latest bootloader; firmware, and sdloader and you have to use hekate.
Yeh, thats the [rpblem, im still on SXOS FW hence the inability to run Android...oh well, i dont want to tinker anymore since i just wanted to see how Android fares on Switch

akelino01

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Encountering same issue. Tried updating firware, SDLoader and all. Still after flashing android, it won't boot me to the android recovery to flash Lineage. Please help.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: yeah, i'm Anyone, that's just not my alias here