Homebrew Question Switching to SysNAND, safe to play online?

GenetixUTD

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I have successfully set up atmosphere, and am able to switch between to sysNAND using Hekate. I am wondering, is it safe to boot into sysNAND to play online and get updates for my updates, or are there extra precautions I have to take?

Reactions: TonyNESgri

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What do you mean a clean NAND?

I see people talking about an incognito mode for the switch using RCM.

You need a clean NAND to play one, if you don't you probably would get banned, Incognito change your serial number to like XAW000000000 so you can't even go online with that.

puss2puss

.. well ..
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You need a clean NAND to play one, if you don't you probably would get banned, Incognito change your serial number to like XAW000000000 so you can't even go online with that.
is it considered ''not clean anymore'' just by booting through a payload? i mean, the nand itself will still be clean, right?

puss2puss

.. well ..
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If you ran backup on that NAND you are pretty much guarantees a ban, booting CFW doing nothing afterward really no risk.
But i mean, if the nand wich had backups is only as a emuNAND, it should be fine, no? Me what i meant at first was like, with hekate for exemple..just by booting the ocnsole in hekate to jump in the sysNAND, will i still be clean when going online with the sysNAND? (if no backups ever ran in the sysNAND, only in the emuNAND)

Last edited by puss2puss,

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But i mean, if the nand wich had backups is only as a emuNAND, it should be fine, no? Me what i meant at first was like, with hekate for exemple..just by booting the ocnsole in hekate to jump in the sysNAND, will i still be clean when going online with the sysNAND? (if no backups ever ran in the sysNAND, only in the emuNAND)

You should be fine if you never ran any pirated games on sysnand

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I have successfully set up atmosphere, and am able to switch between to sysNAND using Hekate. I am wondering, is it safe to boot into sysNAND to play online and get updates for my updates, or are there extra precautions I have to take?
I always suggest booting OFW normally rather than through RCM because there are patches applied when booting through RCM, it's not 100% clean. No signs suggesting that Nintendo are or can currently detect these patches but that could change. Doesn't hurt to take some extra precautions in any case.

puss2puss

.. well ..
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You should be fine if you never ran any pirated games on sysnand
nice! one last thing i jsut tought: about the microSD being in the console while in sysNAND.. when using online fonctions while in the sysNAND, will nintendo scan the card to detect CFW etc ?

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nice! one last thing i jsut tought: about the microSD being in the console while in sysNAND.. when using online fonctions while in the sysNAND, will nintendo scan the card to detect CFW etc ?

While online if it is on Sysnand you should be fine as long you seperate your NAND, they check if your game are legal or not if not legal that when you would get flagged for a ban. If you keep your hacked/pirated stuffs on your emunand, and your online stuffs on sysnand you should be fine.

puss2puss

.. well ..
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I always suggest booting OFW normally rather than through RCM because there are patches applied when booting through RCM, it's not 100% clean. No signs suggesting that Nintendo are or can currently detect these patches but that could change. Doesn't hurt to take some extra precautions in any case.
makes sense..hellll i guess it would be better to remove the auto-boot in hekate and simply boot without the sd card for online play in sysNAND?

Reactions: TonyNESgri

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
makes sense..hellll i guess it would be better to remove the auto-boot in hekate and simply boot without the sd card for online play in sysNAND?
I think removing the SD card is a bit overkill but if you do that there is certainly no way Nintendo could detect your CFW (asssuming your sysNAND is clean)
Personally I just leave it in.

Reactions: Milad and puss2puss

puss2puss

.. well ..
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
While online if it is on Sysnand you should be fine as long you seperate your NAND, they check if your game are legal or not if not legal that when you would get flagged for a ban. If you keep your hacked/pirated stuffs on your emunand, and your online stuffs on sysnand you should be fine.
ah alright then, glad to hear it because to be honest..i hate removing sd cards frequently..had a bad experience with an old wii's SD port :P
But now i'm thinking about waht Jd said..about the patches from booting in rcm.. is there a lot of people who got banned after a while of booting throught the rcm to go in sysNAND ?.. (gonna look for a poll..)

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ah alright then, glad to hear it because to be honest..i hate removing sd cards frequently..had a bad experience with an old wii's SD port :P
But now i'm thinking about waht Jd said..about the patches from booting in rcm.. is there a lot of people who got banned after a while of booting throught the rcm to go in sysNAND ?.. (gonna look for a poll..)

Use Hekate USB feature.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oh you mean for isntalling and transfering backups? if so, thats what i do already :P with usb-c cable .. i wouldnt wanna remove the sd everytime (..:nayps3:..)

No I mean when you want to update Atmosphere CFW, you shouldn't update Atmosphere file while it is running that why you can either take out the SD to update, or mount it through the USB C cable from hekate, use the USB C via Hekate is my suggestion, save that SD card port.

Reactions: puss2puss

puss2puss

.. well ..
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
No I mean when you want to update Atmosphere CFW, you shouldn't update Atmosphere file while it is running that why you can either take out the SD to update, or mount it through the USB C cable from hekate, use the USB C via Hekate is my suggestion, save that SD card port.
oh i see!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: I met you in my dreams.