ROM Hack Switching/merging isos?

Ktoromto

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
I'm asking exactly because I couldn't find anything about that so plz don't be mean.

My question is - for multiple .iso games, how to switch them during playing? Basically I have them on my memory card, not UMD, and when the game prompts me, I have to switch to the other .iso file. The thing is - saving is treated as still using the previous disk and the save can't be loaded on the other one so it needs to be switched in the exact moment I can't save. Installing the game doesn't change anything. Now I know it is possible using ppsspp but I'm asking if there's a way to nicely merge both disks or just switch them when I'm playing on psp or do I always have to use ppsspp and create saves on the right disk? It's pretty annoying but if there's really no way...

Now before you ask - I am aware UMDgen exists. I tried adding the 2nd disk files to the 1st one but they shared names so it didn't work and treated the merged disk as the 1st one. No idea if there's a way around it to make it work. And no, the game in question isn't FF type 0 which has a patch and a simple way to make it work. It's actually Gakuen Heaven but I'm asking in general as there are more multiple UMD games.
I'm not sure about using PSX2PSP since, well, they're psp games, not psx ones but every single tutorial I could find was either about psx games or FF >_> If there's a way to, idk, just add a command to VSH.txt to make switching between .iso as easy as in ppsspp, that also works. I'm just asking if there's a way to do it on psp.

Ktoromto

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
I'm terrible at searching.

But I did exactly as in this thread and while iso_change seems to work properly [it appears normally when I use L+R+♪], the disk isn't changed in game, hmm... And yes, both discs appear normally, I can choose one of them, after pressing ○ nothing happens. I tried to find disk change by Takka but the links appear to be dead so my question still stands.

ILuvGames

The Avatar-less One
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'm terrible at searching.

But I did exactly as in this thread and while iso_change seems to work properly [it appears normally when I use L+R+♪], the disk isn't changed in game, hmm... And yes, both discs appear normally, I can choose one of them, after pressing ○ nothing happens. I tried to find disk change by Takka but the links appear to be dead so my question still stands.
Haven't used my PSP in a long while but you can find working links to Takka's plugin on this page :-

https://github.com/windsurfer1122/PSN_get_pkg_info/blob/master/README.md

Ktoromto

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Huh, I'm not sure of the exact reason [if anyone's willing to explain, I'm all ears] but Takka's plugin worked correctly only on NP9660, while on M33 it let me switch only from disk 2 to disk 1. No luck on Inferno.
I suppose my initial question was answered, then. Thanks.
Again, if anyone knew what the reason for the plugin not working correctly on two out of three modes might be, plz share. I'm curious mostly as I haven't seen others having similar problems but it might be an issue with just this one game so it's not all that important. Just noting this here.

ILuvGames

The Avatar-less One
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Huh, I'm not sure of the exact reason [if anyone's willing to explain, I'm all ears] but Takka's plugin worked correctly only on NP9660, while on M33 it let me switch only from disk 2 to disk 1. No luck on Inferno.
I suppose my initial question was answered, then. Thanks.
Again, if anyone knew what the reason for the plugin not working correctly on two out of three modes might be, plz share. I'm curious mostly as I haven't seen others having similar problems but it might be an issue with just this one game so it's not all that important. Just noting this here.
If I still had my PSP i would try it myself to see if I could find a way of doing it. Maybe changing CFW would fix it. Good luck anway.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: *yawn*