OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Was playing Xenoblade 2, suddenly it shut down. That was almost a week ago. I have AutoRCM installed via Hekate, tried turning it on while connected to USB, wont even boot into RCM. Tried charging it via dock or directly into the Switch but that wont make it turn on either. I dont really know what to try anymore. Ive heard that getting it open and replugging the battery is a possibility but I havent tried that since Im not sure its up to date and I dont wanna completely kill my possibility for sending it to repair. So is the replug a 100% save or do you guys have any other idea what to do?

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well if nothing else works, the replug option is worth a try. It shouldn't void warranty if you are careful, don't damage anything and put everything back together properly as theres only a set of screws between you and the battery.
Also, unsure if nintendo will void your warranty anyway without you uninstalling AutoRCM.

Wonder_Woman_

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
team xecuter needs to disable auto rcm until they can fix this problem had the same thing happen to me this morning

Nawashi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Well if nothing else works, the replug option is worth a try. It shouldn't void warranty if you are careful, don't damage anything and put everything back together properly as theres only a set of screws between you and the battery.
Also, unsure if nintendo will void your warranty anyway without you uninstalling AutoRCM.

Thank you, I will try that then. I like AutoRCM because my joycon wont charge much with the tin foil shit but ehhhh if it kills my Switch this way, I will uninstall it if it still lives lol

Lumince

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you, I will try that then. I like AutoRCM because my joycon wont charge much with the tin foil shit but ehhhh if it kills my Switch this way, I will uninstall it if it still lives lol
What AutoRCM installer did you use?
How long did you charge it?
Try hitting the power button and then try holding it for 13 seconds and then plug it in for an hour.

Nawashi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Gambia, The
What AutoRCM installer did you use?
How long did you charge it?
Try hitting the power button and then try holding it for 13 seconds and then plug it in for an hour.
Reading would be nice.
Hekate AutoRCM installer
Ive charged it for minutes, hours, a day.
I hit the power button for several decades, nothing happened.
Dont treat me like a dumb person, I tried the basics. This is "Did you try turning it on and off again?" level of help when I stated in the post that I already tried charging and such.

xYuunax

Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Reading would be nice.
Hekate AutoRCM installer
Dont treat me like a dumb person, I tried the basics. This is "Did you try turning it on and off again?" level of help when I stated in the post that I already tried charging and such.

Have you done this?
Hold the power button for 30 seconds, then plug the official charger directly to the switch and let it charge for about 10-30 mins..

After 10-30 mins wait, try to boot it.

Last edited by xYuunax,

Lumince

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reading would be nice.
Hekate AutoRCM installer
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ I got caught skimming the thread.
If you get it to charge, I would say uninstall AutoRCM from hekate and then do the battery fix to sync your battery. Then use briccmii v2 for autoRCM. Ive never had any issues with it.

And the comment about "Did you try turning it on and off again?" level of help". That is a legit fix for it getting stuck in RCM ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Edit- but at this time it would probably already BE dead. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Looks like I will just skip over help posts ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

V-Temp

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
People are going to be doing a real number on their lithium cells over the coming months.

To the topic on hand, I'd try to do the 30s drain from holding the power button and then let it charge normally with the normal charger for 30min to an hour.

if that doesn't work, disconnect the battery and reconnect. And repeat the above.

If that doesn't work, time to buy a new Switch?

ken28

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
People are going to be doing a real number on their lithium cells over the coming months.

To the topic on hand, I'd try to do the 30s drain from holding the power button and then let it charge normally with the normal charger for 30min to an hour.

if that doesn't work, disconnect the battery and reconnect. And repeat the above.

If that doesn't work, time to buy a new Switch?
Just get a new battery if there are replacements out there. They usually come with a bit of charge

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I was playing need for speed remastered and said to myself this is a nice Forza remaster