Switch wont turn on after suddenly shutting down

Discussion in 'Switch - Console, Accessories & Hardware' started by Nawashi, Jul 16, 2018.

1. Nawashi
    OP

Nawashi Member

Newcomer
    Feb 12, 2017
    Gambia, The
    Was playing Xenoblade 2, suddenly it shut down. That was almost a week ago. I have AutoRCM installed via Hekate, tried turning it on while connected to USB, wont even boot into RCM. Tried charging it via dock or directly into the Switch but that wont make it turn on either. I dont really know what to try anymore. Ive heard that getting it open and replugging the battery is a possibility but I havent tried that since Im not sure its up to date and I dont wanna completely kill my possibility for sending it to repair. So is the replug a 100% save or do you guys have any other idea what to do?

2. TheCyberQuake

TheCyberQuake Certified Geek

Dec 2, 2014
    United States
    Las Vegas, Nevada
    Well if nothing else works, the replug option is worth a try. It shouldn't void warranty if you are careful, don't damage anything and put everything back together properly as theres only a set of screws between you and the battery.
    Also, unsure if nintendo will void your warranty anyway without you uninstalling AutoRCM.

3. Wonder_Woman_

Wonder_Woman_ Member

Newcomer
    Nov 5, 2017
    United States
    team xecuter needs to disable auto rcm until they can fix this problem had the same thing happen to me this morning

4. ken28

ken28 GBAtemp Maniac

Oct 21, 2010
    Germany
    its no xecuter problem its a auto rcm flaw that cant be fixed.

5. Wonder_Woman_

Wonder_Woman_ Member

Newcomer
    Nov 5, 2017
    United States
    well the option should be removed too many people are having this issue

6. Nawashi
    OP

Nawashi Member

Newcomer
    Feb 12, 2017
    Gambia, The
    Thank you, I will try that then. I like AutoRCM because my joycon wont charge much with the tin foil shit but ehhhh if it kills my Switch this way, I will uninstall it if it still lives lol

7. Biff627

Biff627 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Aug 15, 2015
    United States
    What AutoRCM installer did you use?
    How long did you charge it?
    Try hitting the power button and then try holding it for 13 seconds and then plug it in for an hour.

8. Nawashi
    OP

Nawashi Member

Newcomer
    Feb 12, 2017
    Gambia, The
    Reading would be nice.
    Hekate AutoRCM installer
    Ive charged it for minutes, hours, a day.
    I hit the power button for several decades, nothing happened.
    Dont treat me like a dumb person, I tried the basics. This is "Did you try turning it on and off again?" level of help when I stated in the post that I already tried charging and such.

9. xYuunax

xYuunax You Stupid

Feb 6, 2018
    Hong Kong
    Hong Kong
    Have you done this?
    Hold the power button for 30 seconds, then plug the official charger directly to the switch and let it charge for about 10-30 mins..

After 10-30 mins wait, try to boot it.

Last edited by xYuunax, Jul 16, 2018
  10. Biff627

Biff627 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Aug 15, 2015
    United States
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ I got caught skimming the thread.
    If you get it to charge, I would say uninstall AutoRCM from hekate and then do the battery fix to sync your battery. Then use briccmii v2 for autoRCM. Ive never had any issues with it.

And the comment about "Did you try turning it on and off again?" level of help". That is a legit fix for it getting stuck in RCM ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Edit- but at this time it would probably already BE dead. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Looks like I will just skip over help posts ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

11. V-Temp

V-Temp GBAtemp Maniac

Jul 20, 2017
    United States
    People are going to be doing a real number on their lithium cells over the coming months.

To the topic on hand, I'd try to do the 30s drain from holding the power button and then let it charge normally with the normal charger for 30min to an hour.

if that doesn't work, disconnect the battery and reconnect. And repeat the above.

If that doesn't work, time to buy a new Switch?

12. ken28

ken28 GBAtemp Maniac

Oct 21, 2010
    Germany
    Just get a new battery if there are replacements out there. They usually come with a bit of charge

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted