Hacking Feedback Switch won't power on after atmosphere crash

Chezborgor

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So recently my brother was using our V1 unpatched switch while it was on emunand. According to him, atmosphere crashed after waking up from from sleep mode. He tried to do the reboot atmosphere option (I forgot what it was called) but the switch just now wouldn't turn on. I've tried to boot into RCM mode but TegraRCMGUI wouldn't detect the switch. I tried holding down the power button for 20-60 seconds and turning back on but that didn't work. When connecting it with a type c cable it wouldn't even show the charging symbol on the top left. Hoping I'm not screwed with a hardware fault or brick. I would greatly appreciate help and answers.

masagrator

The patches guy
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Don't charge it, press power button for 12 seconds, leave it to charge with official charger (important) for 24 hours. And now if you have autoRCM, just press power button once and plug it to PC to see if it will react.

Beside you should have crash report on sdcard in atmosphere/crash_reports. The latest one may help figure out if this is not a hardware problem.

Chezborgor

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't charge it, press power button for 12 seconds, leave it to charge with official charger (important) for 24 hours. And now if you have autoRCM, just press power button once and plug it to PC to see if it will react.

Beside you should have crash report on sdcard in atmosphere/crash_reports. The latest one may help figure out if this is not a hardware problem.
Thanks, I'll try that.
Post automatically merged:

Here's the latest crash log:

Attachments

• 01725299501_0100000000000045.txt
    72.1 KB · Views: 3
Last edited by Chezborgor,

thesjaakspoiler

Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
If your SD card was formatted in exFat than this crash might also have wrecked something on your SD card.
That might prevent Atmosphere from booting.

masagrator

The patches guy
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Here's the latest crash log:
Well, I have bad news for you. If this error showed up and won't wake up at all, it's almost always a hardware failure.

When waking up from sleep, some part of hardware didn't wake up properly, causing error in spsm service which is supervising power state of console. This error can be caused by some custom sysmodules, but they won't prevent Switch from booting.

Last edited by masagrator,

Chezborgor

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I have bad news for you. If this error showed up and won't wake up at all, it's almost always a hardware failure.

When waking up from sleep, some part of hardware didn't wake up properly, causing error in spsm service which is supervising power state of console. This error can be caused by some custom sysmodules, but they won't prevent Switch from booting.
I've got new info from my brother, the switch woke up by itself to show the atmosphere crash. However, according to him, it crashed earlier, same way but was able to reboot fine.

Is it possible to figure out which part of the hardware failed? And if there is a way to fix it?

Also on a side note, do I still check the switch once it has reached 24 hours to see if it's done anything?

Chezborgor

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Edit: nvm
Post automatically merged:

Yes.
Still nothing.

I have a suspicion that the battery is completely dead but whenever I try to turn the system on, (in which of course it doesn't) it has this quiet, high pitched sound which only heard when held close to ear that goes away once I do a force shut down.

Nephiel

Artificer
Trophies
XP
Still nothing.

I have a suspicion that the battery is completely dead but whenever I try to turn the system on, (in which of course it doesn't) it has this quiet, high pitched sound which only heard when held close to ear that goes away once I do a force shut down.
That description reads like coil whine, hardware failure is more likely... Hopefully it's just the battery that's done for.

Chezborgor

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I took it apart to check out the internals and I think everything looks fine.

I'm going to order a replacement battery to see if that works.

Attachments

• IMG_20240911_170320741.jpg
    IMG_20240911_170320741.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 2

Chezborgor

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I found out that the m92t36 chip could cause something like the situation I'm in. If I were to get it replaced, would it fix my problem? (Battery isn't causing problems and USB is able to detect power since I can hear coil whine when I plug it in)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: That game maybe too violent for your granny tho. Better get Barbies Dream house instead.