Hacking Switch won't boot any CFW but OFW after game update (cartridge)

Xabo10

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hello Community,

unfortunately, I report with a very "stupid" problem, for which I could not find a solution.

My switch does not start in any CFW. However, it starts without problems into OFW.

details:
- Old Switch (with hardware "bug")
- ReiNX v2.4 as CFW
- Firmware before:? (I'm not sure)
- Firmware after update via game (Witcher 3): 8.0.1 (State of OFW)
- I do not have a backup of the running state (I've done it - but i can not find it anymore :( :( :()
- bis_keys available (keys.txt or keys.dat)
- SD Card is formatted exFAT

I've tried the following:
- Update to latest ReiNX> No success
- Use latest cosmos> No success
- Use SX OS> No success
- Create an emuNAND and boot it with hekate> No success

The only thing that still gives me hope that the console is not completely lost:

When I boot into the OFW (with heakte or sx os payload) the switch boots as expected.

Wehn i boot into the CFW the screen either directly after the CFW bootlogo stays black or some times at least the charging icon is briefly displayed (the switch was connected to the power). But then it does not continue.
No matter which CFW I start, it will always display the sept logo while booting. This means for me, that the boot process works to a certain point and then stops.

I'm desperate because I have no idea what I can do to get the switch to start a CFW again.

If someone has an idea, I am very happy to read it. I am grateful for every tip!

If you need more information, let me know! (And sorry for my not so perfect english, i hope you understand me ;-))

Best regards and thank you!

Xabo10

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hello together,

i've found the solution or - better to say - a workaround. The update runs just fine, but after this the SD-Card Reader won't read exFAT anymore. I just needed to format the SD-Card to FAT32 and copy the content back to the card. After that, ReiNX boots up fine.

Thanks anyway! :-) I hope this thread maybe help other people, which does the same mistake. :-)

Greetings,
Xoba10

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you want to use exFAT, you need to (re)install the exFAT support update. However, FAT32 is recommended.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up