Status
Not open for further replies.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, it is a nand backup. You dont use daybreak to do it. I would tecomend you to wait for atmosphere update (just wait a few days) if you dont know how to restore a nand backup. If you do something wrong, may cause a brick
Post automatically merged:

Actually, you need an atmosphere update.

Sleep mode has to do with hekate.

Dakangel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Congratulations , you achieve the trophy "semibrick for not read" in your switch.

If you update the firmware vía the oficial firmware stored on sysnand booting the switch from the stock oficial firmware then you can normally use the Switch , as the update mess up with the startup adresses which all cfw use to store the boot.

If you update ofw via cfw, the boot sector could be messed because the cfw boot needs to be all the time stored to work.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I thought sthetix said to use CFW daybreak on sysnand to update.

How did OP brick if updating via nintendo is safe?

Firmware 17.0.0 breaks sleep mode so people who updated to OFW to 17.0.0 with a 16.1.0 emunand would have sleep mode problem as hekate needs a update, common for major firmware update. Depends on if your OFW is clean or not, if it is clean use nintendo server, if it is dirty get firmware and use daybreak.

Blakejansen

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Firmware 17.0.0 breaks sleep mode so people who updated to OFW to 17.0.0 with a 16.1.0 emunand would have sleep mode problem as hekate needs a update, common for major firmware update. Depends on if your OFW is clean or not, if it is clean use nintendo server, if it is dirty get firmware and use daybreak.
my OFW is clean. But doesn't updating OFW interfere with the training on the chip?

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
my OFW is clean. But doesn't updating OFW interfere with the training on the chip?

You have to use this to boot into stock, but keep in mind firmware 17.0.0 break sleep mode on hekate 6.0.6 so an update is needed. Probably this stock booting method won't work after updating.

{-------- Stock ---------}
[Stock SYS]
fss0=atmosphere/package3
stock=1
emummc_force_disable=1
icon=bootloader/res/stock_boot.bmp

Blakejansen

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You have to use this to boot into stock, but keep in mind firmware 17.0.0 break sleep mode on hekate 6.0.6 so an update is needed. Probably this stock booting method won't work after updating.

[Stock SYS]
fss0=atmosphere/package3
stock=1
emummc_force_disable=1
icon=bootloader/res/stock_boot.bmp

I use Reboot OFW to boot into OFW.

I don't plan to update until atmosphere and hekate are updated.

Right now I am worried because I worked hard to mod my two consoles and I don't want to ruin them.

MrQQ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
why anyone is updating now is really just funny to me lol every time we go through this and yet...people update despite being told not to :unsure:

Blakejansen

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can boot to OFW by either:
- In Hekate press "Reboot" then "OFW"
- for unpatched units: be sure to have removed autorcm, and just power off and on Switch without going to RCM

No other option. If you are trying anything else, you are not trying to run 100% OFW

What about using this ?"
[Stock SYS]
fss0=atmosphere/package3
stock=1
emummc_force_disable=1
icon=bootloader/res/stock_boot.bmp"

This was suggested to me by another user, but in the video I watched it said that the only way to boot stock was reboot OFW method.

MAYBE my "clean HOS" got more immunity?

So these "bricks" are because they are using fake OFW icon instead of using reboot like you did in your video?

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What about using this ?"
[Stock SYS]
fss0=atmosphere/package3
stock=1
emummc_force_disable=1
icon=bootloader/res/stock_boot.bmp"

This was suggested to me by another user, but in the video I watched it said that the only way to boot stock was reboot OFW method.

So these "bricks" are because they are using fake OFW icon instead of using reboot like you did in your video?

If you use reboot-ofw then you burn your fuse.

lukassad

Trophies
XP
Country
why anyone is updating now is really just funny to me lol every time we go through this and yet...people update despite being told not to :unsure:
In my case I didn't even have CFW. I was running OFW for years, and then was hit with the update prompt and updated it as usual.

OMGesus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay so maybe somebody could help here. I had all the same problems listed here. Updated OSF to 17.0 black screen after Nintendo logo. I also could mot boot into atmosphere on my emmuNAND. :Where I’m at now: I had the last working FW backed up (16.1.0)? I followed proper directions of using Hecate to restore emmc. The good news: Atmosphere now boots just fine and runs great. The bad news: Stock FW now is totally bricked, not even a Nintendo logo. Why can I boot one and not the other?

Johnny_SoCal

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hey Everyone Im glad this forum exist because I'm at a complete loss. I also have the start up with Nintendo logo before going blank after updating to 17.0. I did hacked the system a few months ago but reverted back to stock.

I was hoping someone here can upload a youtube video on how to fix this problem.

Thanks for the help guys.... have a great day.

OMGesus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also since I can boot into atmosphere, would it be wise to try to use Hakuu to clean wipe and hope that rests my boot issue for Stock Nand?

Johnny_SoCal

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hey Everyone Im glad this forum exist because I'm at a complete loss. I also have the start up with Nintendo logo before going blank after updating to 17.0. I did hacked the system a few months ago but reverted back to stock.

I was hoping someone here can upload a youtube video on how to fix this problem.

Thanks for the help guys.... have a great day.

Dust2dust

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Personally, I'm glad some people update early. We need some adventurous volunteers to take a bullet for the team, so we can see when it's safe to update. Thanks to all testers out there! Now I'll go back to playing games on my old firmware.

tirmey

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Not knowing that it must interfere with hekate, I upgraded to FW 17 when prompted using OFW. I just need the next atmosphere update to copy its content to switch SD card using a PC? Simply as that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Dumpflam, Report it or contact staff.