Hacking Switch will only charge in hekate

Littletiger

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I've recently got a second switch to use for CFW, the battery doesn't charge when in Horizon/Atmosphere, it does charge slowly when off, however it will charge fine in Hekate(fast charge is working)

I've tried removing the battery to reset it, charging to 100% in Hekate, switching to stock and letting it drain.

Any ideas on what this could be/anything else I could try?

I don't believe the switch has ran CFW before and I haven't used AutoRCM

Thanks in advance!

Edit 14/01/2020 - It does actually charge when off - but slowly

Last edited by Littletiger,

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've recently got a second switch to use for CFW, the battery doesn't charge when in Horizon/Atmosphere, it does charge slowly when off, however it will charge fine in Hekate(fast charge is working)

I've tried removing the battery to reset it, charging to 100% in Hekate, switching to stock and letting it drain.

Any ideas on what this could be/anything else I could try?

I don't believe the switch has ran CFW before and I haven't used AutoRCM

Thanks in advance!

Edit 14/01/2020 - It does actually charge when off - but slowly
Are you sure AutoRCM is not enabled?

Littletiger

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Yes AutoRCM is disabled:

photo_2020-01-22_18-03-40.jpg

I've done some more testing and it seems the switch will only charge to around 60% when off

I have also tried a spare battery and it did the same thing!

Here's a picture from the battery status:

photo_2020-01-22_18-03-43.jpg

Risingdawn

Tempallica
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yes AutoRCM is disabled:

View attachment 194018

I've done some more testing and it seems the switch will only charge to around 60% when off

I have also tried a spare battery and it did the same thing!

Here's a picture from the battery status:

View attachment 194019
I believe there were battery sync issues early on with some linux builds or something, and possibly there was some homebrew created to fix the desync issues, but you would need to do some researching.
https://gbatemp.net/threads/ctcaers-hekate-w-battery-desync-fix.509321/

There was also some battery related issues with a certain FW I believe, as well as faulty docks and chargers breaking Switches, is it possible you have a Switch that has been subjected to 3rd party chargers breaking it?

Last edited by Risingdawn,

Littletiger

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I believe there were battery sync issues early on with some linux builds or something, and possibly there was some homebrew created to fix the desync issues, but you would need to do some researching.

There was also some battery related issues with a certain FW I believe, as well as faulty docks and chargers breaking Switches, is it possible you have a Switch that has been subjected to 3rd party chargers breaking it?

I forgot to mention I've tried that fix before, I believe it's similar to pulling the battery out.

I'm not sure of the switch's past, but I would have thought if a 3rd party device broke the switch charging, it wouldn't charge at all?

Risingdawn

Tempallica
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I forgot to mention I've tried that fix before, I believe it's similar to pulling the battery out.

I'm not sure of the switch's past, but I would have thought if a 3rd party device broke the switch charging, it wouldn't charge at all?
Ah well, was worth a shot, and who knows but it's got to be an issue with the Switch if you have tried 2 batteries. I'm assuming the cable is fine and genuine, it just sounds like the Switch isn't charging as fast as it's draining, which to me sounds like a hardware fault if I'm honest, could be the port or a dodgy capacitor maybe. Hope you get it sorted

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill