1. KaptinFantastic

OP KaptinFantastic Newbie
    Newcomer

Canada
    Hello all! Here is my problem.
    I didn't use my switch for about a month. One day I went to boot it up into cfw using my jig and RCM loader. The RCM loader light came on, but the Switch flashed something red on the screen then shut off. I tried turning it back on normally nothing. I tried all the different ways to reset it ie power button reset, volume button and power, unplug ac from the wall, the switch, etc.. nothing.

I've let it charge for days, not even the battery icon comes on. I've checked the AC for damage, the usb port for damage, everything looks ok. I've even tried the dock. The dock keeps flashing green but nothing happens.

The last thing I wanted to try is to pull the battery, but before I do that is there anything else I should try? Please help!!

Thanks in advance!

2. KaptinFantastic

Newcomer

Canada
    Update: I just took the switch apart. I disconnected the battery, left it disconnected for a bit and plugged it back in. Nothing happened. I tried again while also disconnecting the Flash Memory, reconnected everything and still no power. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

3. thesjaakspoiler

thesjaakspoiler GBAtemp Fan

Afghanistan
    Can you measure the voltage of the battery?
    If it is too low, the Switch won't even charge it.
    That's some safety feature.
    AFAIK the Switch also won't boot without a battery.
    For about $20 you can get a replacement battery on Amazon.

4. Milenko

Milenko GBAtemp Addict

Australia
    Plug it into the power cord and let it charge for 20 minutes, if it drains in RCM it will take at least that long to get to a measurable percent

5. de9ed

de9ed GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    If you really want to fix the switch, I recommend watch tronicsfix video on switch repair. The most common point of fault is m92,p13,bq IC . Check for shorts

6. KaptinFantastic

Newcomer

Canada
    thesjaakspoiler I'll try a new battery. I'll order it this week. If that fails, I can always sell the battery.

Milenko I had it charge directly ( not docked ) for like 36 hours. Still a no go.

de9ed I'll take a look, but I don't know much about that kind of stuff. I would have to take it to a shop.

Thank you all for responding. If anyone else has any ideas, keep them coming.

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Switch, charge, please