Switch v1 missing capacitor

Patrick86c

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hello guys,

First of all, I wish everyone a happy new year.

I'm new here and have a problem.

I have a switch V1 where a capacitor was lost during soldering and unfortunately I don't have a V1 lying around where I can measure the value.

Can anyone by chance tell me which one this is?

to the right of sp2

VG

Patrick

Attachments

• IMG_8889.jpeg
    IMG_8889.jpeg
    907.7 KB · Views: 27
Reactions: impeeza

eddz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I've read on here in other threads that the caps are all the same values, so measuring the one beside it should help you.
I've also read that they are used to stabilise voltages when the chip is under heavy load. I've seen first-hand the Switch keep running without a couple of those caps (although I didn't see how it would react under load).

Last edited by eddz,

dehydrated_lemur

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The switch will work without the caps as stated by eddz. IMO I would replace them though because they were put there for a reason.

eddz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I'm confused that the one on the right looks different?
You're right, it does look different. My experience mentioned above was with the OLED where they all looked the same.
I can see in your pic a few that have slightly different colours. Have you measured them yet?

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
that capacitor is on the CPU IS REALLY NEEDED BY THE CPU even the only way to hack the console today is messing up with two of these capacitors to put the CPU in a unstable state so think if is needed or not.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @BigOnYa, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tvA_fNxRcw0