Hacking Switch Update 3.0.1

Marxally

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Just updated. I don't think we'll get anything juicy anytime soon for the major public, like Homebrew or CFW, so I don't mind updating at this time being.
The only thing I like to use sometimes is the hidden browser via DNS, and that hasn't been patched.

Reactions: Sonic Angel Knight

Kleyon

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Just better cause it's labelled Nintendo... Better for Nintendo fans maybe, for me it's just the same thing ^^

DarkIrata

Trophies
Website
ipmix.de
XP
Country
Germany
Just some assumption concerning a 3DS based OS (for just some code referring to 3DS OS name). And for sure some Android stuff is used, system menu is basically what every android device have. Maybe it isn't a 100% android OS but based on it. Seriously, like I said, Switch is nothing more than a Nintendo Shield tablet.
I... i... no.. just noo. Why.. nooooo

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

Neoninfinity

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Don't update. Daeken has confirmed at least one important bug has been patched and their 3.0.0 entry point.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170801-113242.jpg
    Screenshot_20170801-113242.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 630
Reactions: Alex1234

punderino

aka Big-PeePee Swinger
Trophies
Website
www.anus.trade
XP
Country
United States
Ouch. This is usually an android problem on pre-marshmallow phones. The steps to fix it are even the same.
It's not pre-marshmallow. It's legit every phone. If you don't treat the battery right, and usually flashing a lot can cause it more, you will have a wrong reading, such as I do on my LG V20.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't some emulators on Android have netplay, complete with being able to play all the great old games Nintendo will never support?
I think retroarch has netplay/achievement support. I never done it with anyone (i opened a thread asking for volunteers but no one replies) So I dunno, unless is a game designed for netplay like sonic 2, is not gonna be many emulators with netplay (except for one mame emulator)

astronautlevel

Trophies
Website
ataber.pw
XP
Country
United States
Who the ell is that guy? Is he a known hacker?
Never heard about him
I'm more known in the 3DS scene, but I don't do anything major there either. I'm mostly known for the Luma3DS nightly site, and I guess UnbanMii stuff now?

Either way, I was just repeating what Daeken said for people not in RS:
upload_2017-8-1_7-6-0.png

astronautlevel

Trophies
Website
ataber.pw
XP
Country
United States
Also aren't you more of a coder rather than hacker/exploit finder?
Yeah, definitely. That being said, people who are coders tend to meet and talk with hackers/exploit finders anyway, so they'll all have the same/similar information.

johsam

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ny switch is nagging me about the update every time i start a game. Is there any way to make it stop without installing the update?

StonedPurple

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
and it's still better :P
But but... Shield tablet has half life 2 and switch doesn't. I like the switch but if it had half life 2 I'd have no life.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I'm more known in the 3DS scene, but I don't do anything major there either. I'm mostly known for the Luma3DS nightly site, and I guess UnbanMii stuff now?

Either way, I was just repeating what Daeken said for people not in RS:
View attachment 94301
So how long do we have to stay on 3.0? Half a year? A year? Hopefully this means something good will be releasing soon.

johsam

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
block updates via DNS, afterwards boot into recovery mode, reboot.

The factory reset removed the update notification but BOTW wont let me download the updates without downloading the latest system update first. I'll do the system update and hope for the best :) taking my switch offline now.

Reactions: aut0mat3d

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/shdHKa4iBbE?si=Vnb_FMMV54y2aarW lol Mario give me cancer