Hacking Switch Update 3.0.1

retrofan_k

Trophies
XP
Country
Belarus
The factory reset removed the update notification but BOTW wont let me download the updates without downloading the latest system update first. I'll do the system update and hope for the best :) taking my switch offline now.

That must be new in 3.00+ or a recent change across the board, as i'm on 2.00 and I downloaded the Zelda update fine last week without updating the fw of the console.

astronautlevel

Trophies
Website
ataber.pw
XP
Country
United States
So how long do we have to stay on 3.0? Half a year? A year? Hopefully this means something good will be releasing soon.
I'm not part of the ReSwitched private team, so everything here is speculation, but one of the preconditions for ReSwitched publishing an exploit is Nintendo patches it. This could mean that they release it, or they may hold it back for different reasons. It's entirely up to them.

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I had to update to try Splatoon 2. Anyway if something nice pop up I guess I just buy a new Switch (which I probably need to do anyway once Pokemon hits)

PotatisKnug

Trophies
Website
thomas.dusbite.se
XP
Country
Sweden
What the heck is this? :wtf:

All this is to fix the charge display not being accurate, and requires a update to do it? Does anyone have any issues with the inaccurate charge percent display? :blink:

My joycons always say "Low battery" but works without any problems.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

new update, seems like doesn't do much. official changelog
vSPwN

Shit... RCR drops in 2 days. Nintendo couldn't wait, now could they?!

astronautlevel

Trophies
Website
ataber.pw
XP
Country
United States
There seems to be a workaround for the update required message in splatoon.

Blocking the domain dauth-lp1.ndas.srv.nintendo.net until you're in game seems to allow you to bypass the update required message.

(Credit to OctopusRift for posting this on the RS discord)

Last edited by astronautlevel,

leonmagnus99

Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq
well shoot, i already update mine to 3.01 ! thought we get some good system changes such as being able to switch from more themes and more stuff.

oh well x.x

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
There seems to be a workaround for the update required message in splatoon.

Blocking the domain dauth-lp1.ndas.srv.nintendo.net until you're in game seems to allow you to bypass the update required message.

(Credit to OctopusRift for posting this on the RS discord)
Too late!

Off topic - Gah I always know it's you because of Samus. Now you're a total stranger!

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
If you want an exploit, you have to wait 2-4 years
It may not be that drastic.. But that's the trade off. You stay on a lower FW now, and you'll find yourself waiting for a while. You'll lose functionality over time.. I mean, if you don't want to play the newest games and you don't play online it's not like it matters.. Hm. May look into a secondary system.

Reactions: Bladexdsl

astronautlevel

Trophies
Website
ataber.pw
XP
Country
United States
It may not be that drastic.. But that's the trade off. You stay on a lower FW now, and you'll find yourself waiting for a while. You'll lose functionality over time.. I mean, if you don't want to play the newest games and you don't play online it's not like it matters.. Hm. May look into a secondary system.
You can play online on 3.0

Last edited by astronautlevel,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9PnFJMnYT0