猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
You can play online on 3.0.1

I'm talking about further down the road. We don't know whether Nintendo will force the latest updates for online play down the road. Especially with their online network coming next year. It's a general statement.

Last edited by Kioku,

DarkenedMatter

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
" I mean, if you don't want to play the newest games and you don't play online"

My point was that right now there's no tradeoff for staying back on 3.0.
Oh, gotcha. My main gripe was BotW DLC being unavailable for a long period of time considering I don't know when the said exploit will even do anything useful annnnd my save files would be stuck on the 3.0 system.

Reactions: astronautlevel

Yami Anubis ZX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I was planning on keeping my Switch at 3.0 and I blocked the DNS and I saw that it downloaded the update and I clicked on that and it updated, it was also nagging me whenever I loaded up a game and I tried restarting and it wouldn't delete the update and I didn't know it was already in my Switch and I thought pressing update would go through the Internet to download the update, I found out the hard way, that that'd not the case and I'm pissed, so I've decided to just put airplane mode on and leave it as a brick and play my new 3ds till it's actually hacked fully as its now on 3.01.

Wonder if there will ever be a hard mod for it or mod chips, 3ds never got mod chips nor vita.

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
" I mean, if you don't want to play the newest games and you don't play online"

My point was that right now there's no tradeoff for staying back on 3.0.
The thing that irks me about your quote is you ignored "You'll lose functionality over time".

D

Deleted User

DAMN! They could't wait until Sonic Mania was out, couldn't they? Bastards!

Oh well. Here's hoping the top tier guys let us know what they plan on doing so.

DarkenedMatter

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I hope we get info ASAP about whether or not the people holding onto exploits think they'll be useful sooner than later. I'd rather not lose any functionality if it's going to take a year to get anything done. I'd also rather update now and just get it over with but with little to no information I'll just wait.

Last edited by DarkenedMatter,
Reactions: Kioku

J-Machine

Self proclaimed Pog champion
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
What i meant was that the firmware they would contain if i bought one had an exploit not that i could do anything with it. i'm happy waiting 2 years if the pay off exists just like i'm happy waiting on my ps4. ive got other systems to play and work/social obligations to keep me busy.

D

Deleted User

i wanna update but i dont my battery indicator is broken and i cant fix it and they said in the update it fixes it :(
The update isn't really the part that fixes it from their crapton of extra steps. Just follow the steps all the same and it should help out. Honestly, ignore updating for the moment. If something hasn't been said by the time Sonic Mania comes out, i'll probs update.

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Just updated. I don't think we'll get anything juicy anytime soon for the major public, like Homebrew or CFW, so I don't mind updating at this time being.
The only thing I like to use sometimes is the hidden browser via DNS, and that hasn't been patched.
They did patch the MP4 player though.
You can't playback videos anymore through the hidden browser.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Hey Kennyboy, have you found any decent mini Pc for around $200-250? Fast enough to play most Pc games.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'd say save another $100 anythtwith 8core upgradeable ram I'm thinking about ordering the acemagic still
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn, I haven't turn on my OG Xbox one in ages, just did now and ofcourse, 32GB update required, gonna take forever.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Edit: nevermind, I forgot I up-ed my internet speed, only 30 min remaining.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Will a mobo with a M2ssd slot work without a M2ssd installed, using a sata ssd temporary?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    As long as sata just point bios to boot to it as main drive
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Is that a compilation of you?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    M.2 is more of a luxury you can still boot from Ide if you really wanted to
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I mean as long as the motherboard still has sata ports unless you're still in celeron days
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    wut
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh it has Sata 3
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It should still have a Bootable option in bios select drive
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    whats sata?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How you were born
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Sata is the type of interface/cable connection of hard drives/disc drives for Pc.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Don't tell them about old bank drives may explode
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Mini pcs in the 70's
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    128kbs of storage
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How do I connect this to my emachine
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The Tattooist of Auschwitz is pretty good so far