Switch TrustZoneHax on 4.x

nintendo-switch-15-1-630x354.jpg

The ReSwitched Hacking Team have done it again. motezazer, ktemkin and SciresM have achieved code execution on 4.1.0, the latest version at the time of writing this, via deja vu at TrustZone level. This means devices on 4.1.0 and below will be able to gain access to the whole system. SciresM strongly advises to not update in the future.

After less than a year, the Switch hacking team has moved extremely fast and now have got full access on the latest version. The progress being made is incredible, and in comparison, the 3DS took around 2 years to get ARM9 access. The scene is looking very promising so far and we are very lucky to have such talented people working on the Switch.

:arrow: Source

Last edited by Deleted member 381889,

tivu100

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ahh, I have been working on other stuff (this was definitely not a priority), but when I was eating breakfast a week or so ago I thought up a way to get stuff to work, and it only took about an hour and a half to implement.

So...less a changed mind and more "I got lucky with shower thoughts", heh.
Don't skip breakfast ever.

Reactions: Creatable

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well now we have untill the next firmware update to get our eshop games.
I already started stockpiling games ever since news of Deja vu existing on 4.1.0 but needed some new privilege escalation.
Highly recommend Celeste for a platformer, and NueroVoider for a twin-stick Rougelike shooter

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How will we run newer games on older firmware with cfw though
I'm on 4.1.0, so I can just download them. But with trustzone pwned, it should be fairly easy to play newer games, but I'm unsure about using eshop. SciresM stated he wants to get everything working to get pokemon hacking on the switch when the time comes, which will involve getting the newer games to run

SoslanVanWieren

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I'm on 4.1.0, so I can just download them. But with trustzone pwned, it should be fairly easy to play newer games, but I'm unsure about using eshop. SciresM stated he wants to get everything working to get pokemon hacking on the switch when the time comes, which will involve getting the newer games to run
will there be an risk of getting banned if you have cfw

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

what about the fuses how will running newer firmware work with that.

owek1

Master Sword Wielder
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
will there be an risk of getting banned if you have cfw

yes. Anything that involves piracy, cheating (pls, just git gud or cheat offline and don't ruin other players) , CFW. Only a matter of time when you'll get caught. Lucky I don't care much about online so if you're like me, then all is good.

Last edited by owek1,
Reactions: Green Hypnotic

SoslanVanWieren

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I do hope they get this out before the big releases that come out this year. we got the exploits now all we have to do its wait until they are stable and we have cfw.

SoslanVanWieren

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
well even if a firmware update comes out soon it may not patch it since the notice of it working on the newest firmware was less then a day ago and it takes time for Nintendo the figure out how to patch an exploit if its not released.

if nintendo systems can have emunand why can't sony systems have it?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Click on your profile pic in the top right corner, and you'll get the profile menu popup, with... +1