Switch TrustZoneHax on 4.x

nintendo-switch-15-1-630x354.jpg

The ReSwitched Hacking Team have done it again. motezazer, ktemkin and SciresM have achieved code execution on 4.1.0, the latest version at the time of writing this, via deja vu at TrustZone level. This means devices on 4.1.0 and below will be able to gain access to the whole system. SciresM strongly advises to not update in the future.

After less than a year, the Switch hacking team has moved extremely fast and now have got full access on the latest version. The progress being made is incredible, and in comparison, the 3DS took around 2 years to get ARM9 access. The scene is looking very promising so far and we are very lucky to have such talented people working on the Switch.

:arrow: Source

Last edited by Deleted member 381889,

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can't stand people who go "herp deep not being released soon". Those who were waiting longer on older firmwares will get access first. Frankly they deserve it for being so patient with a small game list.
The exploit just happened, it needs time to be fully developed and made user friendly. Along with that its best to hold off on releasing exploits as doing so may allow the exploit to exist in a newer firmware due to Nintendo not knowing what the exploit is.
People need to calm down and stop being so entitled. I'm just glad reswitched plans to release their work eventually. And it probably isn't too far off, especially compared to how long other scenes took too get this far.
@SciresM I can't fathom how your brain works in a way where you get shower thoughts on how to break security. That's really cool, and you and the team keep up the good work.

Seelbreaker

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Ahh, I have been working on other stuff (this was definitely not a priority), but when I was eating breakfast a week or so ago I thought up a way to get stuff to work, and it only took about an hour and a half to implement.

So...less a changed mind and more "I got lucky with shower thoughts", heh.

Those times where you are in the shower, taking a break off from work and then the one thing shoots in the mind :) Gotta love these moments :)

But this is so tempting to upgrade from 2.0 ^^ since a emunand CFW like on the 3ds (if possible) and/or multiboot Android OS sounds soooo nice, even if mario is calling me out for 3 months lol...

SoslanVanWieren

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
we need cfw as soon as possible so we don't miss out on newer games.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

if it comes out before the end of the year i can hold off.

Classicgamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is the recommended course of action to update to 4.1 or stay on 3.0.0?

(My 3.0.0 does not have the micro as exfat update if that matters)

Zulnoth

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ahh, I have been working on other stuff (this was definitely not a priority), but when I was eating breakfast a week or so ago I thought up a way to get stuff to work, and it only took about an hour and a half to implement.

So...less a changed mind and more "I got lucky with shower thoughts", heh.

pwning 4.x just came to you while you were eating breakfast, haha. You weapon.

SoslanVanWieren

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
This is such a hard choice really im not going to be getting any new games any time soon but if it takes to the end of this year to come out i don't think i can hold off that long.

SoslanVanWieren

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Still we need to wait for emunand and cfw if it takes to long people
Yes, it's always better to stay on lower firmware. Plus, lower firmwares are able to get CFW faster (At least that's what I'm hearing)
problem is theres no way to play newer games on older firmwares untill we get emunand or a way to run newer games on an older firmare

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Honestly should not expect a release until Deja Vu is fixed. As it's still exploitable on latest os, no reason to release. Also need the tools in place for custom content and a cfw (which i believe ScriesM is working on)
its going to get patched any way because scires m posted a video of him doing it on youtube.

owek1

Master Sword Wielder
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Is the recommended course of action to update to 4.1 or stay on 3.0.0?

(My 3.0.0 does not have the micro as exfat update if that matters)

try formatting to fat32 that's what i did for my 1.0 switch, inserted a 64GB mSD..it did not prompt an update..

Reactions: Kioku

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: These videos are soooo dry