Hardware Switch touch only working in certain spots on the digitizer

mammastuffing

Trophies
XP
Country
Haben Sie versucht mit hekate zu kalibrieren?
I don't speak german but I think you're asking if I've calibrated the screen via Hekate? If so the answer is no. The Switch is patched so I don't think it's possible to install Hekate. In any case I'd prefer to avoid hacking the Switch. Not sure if you were replying to me, so sorry again if I'm hijacking. :P

Last edited by mammastuffing,

White_Raven_X

Hack everything, hack the world!
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm having the same issue. Replaced the digitizer and it only detects touch on the edges of the screen. I've come to understand that there are different versions of the game card reader as well as the digitizer and the digitizer I bought is incompatible with my board.

Looking at Aliexpress it seems like a lot of sellers selling replacement game card boards are saying that if your digitizer has a QR code on the ribbon cable, you should go with the new board, if you have numbers on the ribbon cable you should go with the old board.

In my case the original digitizer had the QR code on it and my replacement digitizer has numbers. And my game card reader is the one "missing" the two components. So as far as I understand I have a newer version of the game card reader as well as a originally a newer version of the digitizer. So I have two questions on the subject:

1. I am unable to find any sellers selling replacement digitizers with the QR code on the ribbon cable. Do they exist?
2. Is it possible to replace my newer versioned game card reader with an old version one?

(Sorry if I'm hijacking the thread)
I believe you won't have any other option but to do it through hekate... So maybe look at getting a tx chip installed if you want it to work. Go into hekate and find the "Touchscreen" section at the bottom right of the screen. Click on it and go through the "initialization" process... Everything should work perfectly after that.

Last edited by White_Raven_X,

mammastuffing

Trophies
XP
Country
I believe you won't have any other option but to do it through hekate... So maybe look at getting a tx chip installed if you want it to work. Go into hekate and find the "Touchscreen" section at the bottom right of the screen. Click on it and go through the "initialization" process... Everything should work perfectly after that.

Thanks for the reply. So the conclusion is that there are no replacement digitizers out there for the newer Switch version?

When you calibrate the screen with Hekate, is the calibration permanent? I.e. does it update the firmware in the digitizer controller or something similar? Or is it just within the software?

Edit: Just found a seller on Aliexpress selling the new version of the digitizer. Just ordered one and will give it a try.

Last edited by mammastuffing,

ChronoTrig

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having the same issue. Replaced the digitizer and it only detects touch on the edges of the screen. I've come to understand that there are different versions of the game card reader as well as the digitizer and the digitizer I bought is incompatible with my board.

Looking at Aliexpress it seems like a lot of sellers selling replacement game card boards are saying that if your digitizer has a QR code on the ribbon cable, you should go with the new board, if you have numbers on the ribbon cable you should go with the old board.

In my case the original digitizer had the QR code on it and my replacement digitizer has numbers. And my game card reader is the one "missing" the two components. So as far as I understand I have a newer version of the game card reader as well as a originally a newer version of the digitizer. So I have two questions on the subject:

1. I am unable to find any sellers selling replacement digitizers with the QR code on the ribbon cable. Do they exist?
2. Is it possible to replace my newer versioned game card reader with an old version one?

I tried the QR Code digitizer, I tried an actual OEM screen.. No dice.
To be honest, I ended up buying an OEM shell with the OEM screen intact from eBay. I took out the guts from mine and placed it into the replacement one and voila. It worked.
I wanted to sell that Switch since I haven't really been using it though.

White_Raven_X

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks for the reply. So the conclusion is that there are no replacement digitizers out there for the newer Switch version?

When you calibrate the screen with Hekate, is the calibration permanent? I.e. does it update the firmware in the digitizer controller or something similar? Or is it just within the software?

Edit: Just found a seller on Aliexpress selling the new version of the digitizer. Just ordered one and will give it a try.
Let us know what you find (working or not). Thanks

mammastuffing

Trophies
XP
Country
Alright, so an update on this. I ordered a digitizer from Aliexpress. Got it today and installed it and I works like a charm. This is the one I bought: https://m.aliexpress.com/item/10050...er_id=711570f4886c444287abf7a9289357aa&is_c=Y

So I’ve learned that I was looking for E226116 digitizer. Which is the one with the QR code. I have a Mariko Switch, but it’s a HAC-001 version. Hopefully that’s helpful to someone.

ewabc886

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Alright, so an update on this. I ordered a digitizer from Aliexpress. Got it today and installed it and I works like a charm. This is the one I bought: https://m.aliexpress.com/item/10050...er_id=711570f4886c444287abf7a9289357aa&is_c=Y

So I’ve learned that I was looking for E226116 digitizer. Which is the one with the QR code. I have a Mariko Switch, but it’s a HAC-001 version. Hopefully that’s helpful to someone.
Hello,
Thanks for the information.
May I ask if it is possible for you to photo the gamecard board?
Like the photos in this post, it seems that we can tell if the board matches with the version of digitizer by looking at the gamecard board.
Thank you.

mammastuffing

Trophies
XP
Country
Hello,
Thanks for the information.
May I ask if it is possible for you to photo the gamecard board?
Like the photos in this post, it seems that we can tell if the board matches with the version of digitizer by looking at the gamecard board.
Thank you.
I've since sold the switch so can't provide photos of the board. However, I do know that the game board looked like the 190822 variant that was posted earlier in this thread. That is, the one that had two "missing" components.

Reactions: ewabc886

ewabc886

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
I've since sold the switch so can't provide photos of the board. However, I do know that the game board looked like the 190822 variant that was posted earlier in this thread. That is, the one that had two "missing" components.
Thanks again for the information.
That helps a lot so I don't need to test the gamecard boards in hand one by one

aclsea

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

^^THIS IS THE ANSWER!! Thank you so much for posting this. Sure enough, by replacing my game card reader with an "old" version, it made the center of my digitizer work again.

To clarify: I purchased a replacement digitizer off Aliexpress for ~$12 that did not have a QR code, and used the iFixit digitizer replacement instructions to do the install. Once reassembled, my Switch had the same issues mentioned on this thread -- responsive at the edges but not in the center. After reading this post I went back to Aliexpress and ordered a replacement "old version" game card reader for ~$23 and used the same iFixit instructions for the install. Worked like a charm.

White_Raven_X

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
^^THIS IS THE ANSWER!! Thank you so much for posting this. Sure enough, by replacing my game card reader with an "old" version, it made the center of my digitizer work again.

To clarify: I purchased a replacement digitizer off Aliexpress for ~$12 that did not have a QR code, and used the iFixit digitizer replacement instructions to do the install. Once reassembled, my Switch had the same issues mentioned on this thread -- responsive at the edges but not in the center. After reading this post I went back to Aliexpress and ordered a replacement "old version" game card reader for ~$23 and used the same iFixit instructions for the install. Worked like a charm.
Im surprised Hekate didn't work for you.

mammastuffing

Trophies
XP
Country

I would also like to clarify that this is not the only answer. The way I solved it was to find a digitizer with a QR code on it.

But good to know that swapping out the game cart reader to an older version works as well!

Im surprised Hekate didn't work for you.
In my case I never tried Hekate.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nah we need a device where we can ask an assistant that can fit in our pockets too bad Samsung...