Hacking Question Switch stuck at boot logo

Tigermean74

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, apologies if this has already been answered but really looking for help here please....

I recently bought a cheap switch off eBay to play offline with CFW on it so I figured I would buy one that was faulty and fix it, turns out this one was stuck at the switch logo and won't go any further into the OFW. I know, I should have known better to buy something that is bricked but I like fixing things and don't give up until it is! :-)

So this is what I have done so far and hopefully there is some hope:

I tried and tried so many times to get to the recovery mode, pressing volume up and volume down and the power button but did not work at all.
I then loaded sx os 2.9.2 boot.dat on a SD card (FAT32), it booted to the menu where it shows "Boot CFW" Boot "OFW" and "Options, I first went into options and backed the NAND up so that is backed up on my PC at the moment. I then tried to boot in to the SX OS CFW but again it was stuck at the logo and went no further. I read review, guide after guide on what to do and try so that is why I am here. First, is there any hope? and if there is, can someone please provide me with a step by step guide on what I can do to get this switch going again please?

What I have figured out is, I ran "briccmiiv2 and Hekate and this tells me I have 11 burnt fuses so I am thinking someone tried to downgrade the firmware and it is now not working with these 11 burnt fuses, so really need to get it on the correct firmware but how??? Is there also a way to tell what firmware is on there from the NAND backup?

I also read you can take the NAND backup and update the firmware somehow (inject it) and reload the new firmware...but again, I am fairly new to all of this. I also have another switch which I put SX OS on and that plays fine even did everything carefully on that one by creating an EMUNAND. Can I take the NAND backup from that somehow and reload on the bricked one? I also managed to get my BIS keys (I think) I noticed under tools in TegraRCMGUI there is biskeydump by rajkosto so does that help?

Any help and guidance will be greatly appreciated

Thank you

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Hi, apologies if this has already been answered but really looking for help here please....

I recently bought a cheap switch off eBay to play offline with CFW on it so I figured I would buy one that was faulty and fix it, turns out this one was stuck at the switch logo and won't go any further into the OFW. I know, I should have known better to buy something that is bricked but I like fixing things and don't give up until it is! :-)

I tried and tried so many times to get to the recovery mode, pressing volume up and volume down and the power button but did not work at all.
I then loaded sx os 2.9.2 boot.dat on a SD card (FAT32), it booted to the menu where it shows "Boot CFW" Boot "OFW" and "Options, I first went into options and backed the NAND up so that is backed up on my PC at the moment. I then tried to boot in to the SX OS CFW but again it was stuck at the logo and went no further. I read review, guide after guide on what to do and try so that is why I am here. First, is there any hope? and if there is, can someone please provide me with a step by step guide on what I can do to get this switch going again please?

What I have figured out is, I ran "briccmiiv2 and Hekate and this tells me I have 11 burnt fuses so I am thinking someone tried to downgrade the firmware and it is now not working with these 11 burnt fuses, so really need to get it on the correct firmware but how??? Is there also a way to tell what firmware is on there from the NAND backup?

I also read you can take the NAND backup and update the firmware somehow (inject it) and reload the new firmware...but again, I am fairly new to all of this. I also have another switch which I put SX OS on and that plays fine even did everything carefully on that one by creating an EMUNAND. Can I take the NAND backup from that somehow and reload on the bricked one? I also managed to get my BIS keys (I think) I noticed under tools in TegraRCMGUI there is biskeydump by rajkosto so does that help?

Thank you
Does it charge? The issue with getting stuck on the Switch logo can be a hardware issue if you're also not able to charge.
You can't use a NAND backup from another Switch. You can however use ChoiDujour (non NX) to generate a new NAND almost from scratch.

Tigermean74

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yes it charges fine.

Ok, thanks for letting me know about the NAND backup from the other Switch.

Ok great, so there is hope after all? Please can you provide more details and guidance on how to create a new NAND with ChoiDujour please?

Thank you

crazy_p

Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
Yes it charges fine.

Ok, thanks for letting me know about the NAND backup from the other Switch.

Ok great, so there is hope after all? Please can you provide more details and guidance on how to create a new NAND with ChoiDujour please?

Thank you

You can use this Guide to try to recover your Switch.

Tigermean74

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Ok, I tried this guide and I got to step 4 but ran into this problem:

Exception: [WARN]: Failed to match key "bis_kek_source",

Invalid NCA header! Are keys correct?

[2472] Failed to execute script ChoiDujour

What do I do next please?

Tigermean74

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
ok, I managed to get my prod.keys from the switch but it's a complete mess, I came across another post where it has to be tidied up....like below but I cannot find the header_key, can someone please help me out with this...thanks

master_key_00 = XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
master_key_01 = XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

[... all master_keys through the latest one required by the firmware you're trying to install]
header_key = XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
aes_kek_generation_source = XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
aes_key_generation_source = XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
key_area_key_application_source = XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
key_area_key_ocean_source = XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
key_area_key_system_source = XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
package2_key_source = XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Tigermean74

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Ok, got a bit further and now getting this error message:

File "ChoiDujour.py", line 632, in <module>
File "ChoiDujour.py", line 222, in call_hactool
Exception: Failed to read INI1 header!. Code: 1
[5488] Failed to execute script ChoiDujour

Can someone please help me out with this error?

Tigermean74

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Does it charge? The issue with getting stuck on the Switch logo can be a hardware issue if you're also not able to charge.
You can't use a NAND backup from another Switch. You can however use ChoiDujour (non NX) to generate a new NAND almost from scratch.
Hello, hoping you can help me please? I got to the stage i'm using ChoiDujour with my keys.txt but getting this error now, can you tell me why and how to fix it please?

Using source firmware files from folder fw
Found 109 meta and 107 data NCAs in C:\Users\Billy\Desktop\Choi\fw
Package contains 'NX' firmware version '9.0.0' (9.0.0.0) = NintendoSDK Firmware
for NX 9.0.0-4.0(hash : 4de65c071fd0869695b7629f75eb97b2551dbf2f)
Using TitleID 010000000000081b for Normal firmware package
Using TitleID 010000000000081c for SAFE firmware package
Traceback (most recent call last):
[5852] Failed to execute script ChoiDujour

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Hello, hoping you can help me please? I got to the stage i'm using ChoiDujour with my keys.txt but getting this error now, can you tell me why and how to fix it please?

I haven't used it myself. But this guide seems to be the one people refer to these days so try that: https://switch.homebrew.guide/usingcfw/manualchoiupgrade

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

ChoiDujour doesn't work with anything higher than 6.1.0.

DripZ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Panama

Thank you
Hi, im on the same problem, I have 10 burnt fuses, i guess that means that I can't downgrade any further than 8.1.0 and the choidujour doesn't work with 6.1.0 or above, that means that we are stuck on this firmwares. I guess we can only wait for a method that let us install the fw that correspond to our burnt fuses. I don't even know if it will happen but hope so. (sorry for my bad english).
Here you can check your burnt fuses/Firmware
https://gist.github.com/jonluca/0d7ce7da7c84de5163be0b49b3e319cc

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, im on the same problem, I have 10 burnt fuses, i guess that means that I can't downgrade any further than 8.1.0 and the choidujour doesn't work with 6.1.0 or above, that means that we are stuck on this firmwares. I guess we can only wait for a method that let us install the fw that correspond to our burnt fuses. I don't even know if it will happen but hope so. (sorry for my bad english).
Here you can check your burnt fuses/Firmware
https://gist.github.com/jonluca/0d7ce7da7c84de5163be0b49b3e319cc
You can use ChoiDujour and downgrade to 6.1.0 or lower. When your Switch is recovered, you can update back to normal.

Tigermean74

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You can use ChoiDujour and downgrade to 6.1.0 or lower. When your Switch is recovered, you can update back to normal.

Thank you very much for the reply, that seemed to work as in I was able to use the 6.1.0 fw with ChoiDujour and my keys.txt.

My next question is, do I continue with this guide? i.e. Step 5 and onwards? https://switch.homebrew.guide/usingcfw/manualchoiupgrade

And once I get it the switch working with 6.1.0, how do I then update the firmware to 9.0.0 or 9.0.1 please, do you have a guide for this?

Thanks...

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you very much for the reply, that seemed to work as in I was able to use the 6.1.0 fw with ChoiDujour and my keys.txt.

My next question is, do I continue with this guide? i.e. Step 5 and onwards? https://switch.homebrew.guide/usingcfw/manualchoiupgrade

And once I get it the switch working with 6.1.0, how do I then update the firmware to 9.0.0 or 9.0.1 please, do you have a guide for this?

Thanks...
Finish the whole guide until your Switch is up and running again. You can update it using ChoiDujourNX.

Tigermean74

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Finish the whole guide until your Switch is up and running again. You can update it using ChoiDujourNX.

Hi, just wanted to let you know, I followed the guide and it did not work, I even went to step 14 and still did not work. I was confused on step 13.9 In Hekate, navigate to Tools > Archive bit - AutoRCM > Unset archive bit - I could not see this option anywhere so not sure if this was relevant or not?

Anyway, hopefully you can tell me what I can do now or maybe all hope is now lost and I bought an expensive brick/paper weight :-(

DripZ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Panama
Hi, just wanted to let you know, I followed the guide and it did not work, I even went to step 14 and still did not work. I was confused on step 13.9 In Hekate, navigate to Tools > Archive bit - AutoRCM > Unset archive bit - I could not see this option anywhere so not sure if this was relevant or not?

Anyway, hopefully you can tell me what I can do now or maybe all hope is now lost and I bought an expensive brick/paper weight :-(
The Archive bit - AutoRCM is located on the bottom right corner of the screen in the Tools section. I've already follow this guide like 20 times and never worked for me, I'm still stuck on boot logo even tho I followed all the steps carefully and tried with several versions of fw and none of them work. If you somehow manage to fix this PLEASE let me know

Last edited by DripZ,

Tigermean74

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The Archive bit - AutoRCM is located on the bottom right corner of the screen in the Tools section. I've already follow this guide like 20 times and never worked for me, I'm still stuck on boot logo even tho I followed all the steps carefully and tried with several versions of fw and none of them work. If you somehow manage to fix this PLEASE let me know

Hi, yeah still no luck and I still cannot locate the "Archive Bit". I have attached a screenshot showing what options I have in tools.

Also, any other experts out there have any more info or guidance on how to get my switch up and running please?

Attachments

• 20191104_100427.jpg
    20191104_100427.jpg
    731.1 KB · Views: 352

Tigermean74

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Looking for further advice on this please,

Could this be a hardware issue with the HAC-EMMC internal storage chip? And if so, would it be possible to replace this chip with a brand new one and reload the 6.1.0 firmware I have?

DripZ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Panama
Hi, yeah still no luck and I still cannot locate the "Archive Bit". I have attached a screenshot showing what options I have in tools.

Also, any other experts out there have any more info or guidance on how to get my switch up and running please?
You are using an old hekate version, download the newest 5.0.2 version and try it again

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Black_Manta_8bit @ Black_Manta_8bit: Oh @RedColoredStars yeah thats sad :sad: i feel it.